• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

He did, mate. Levy made it a precondition of him coming, as I recall - his first video with us ('we will try everything, to make you proud, of this football club') was in English precisely to dismiss that speculation out of hand, and from his first press conference on, he spoke in English. He was defo uncomfortable at first, but by the middle of 2014/2015 he was cracking jokes about Wikipedia and talking animatedly about his hopes and dreams for us.

Sigh. All this just makes me more nostalgic for those days, tbh. Good memories, better times. :)
Sorry… should have said before he joined us

As I’ve said a lot today there is a lot of rose tinted glasses on for the past and very little for now

Nuno isn’t going anywhere this season. The team today were not bad, but didn’t create enough and lost to a set piece. We have seen that under every manager we have had

if he gets a result next weekend he has had a pretty decent start that even most fans should see (it’s an IF of course) and we would have played every top side apart from pool
The team may well stay like today. It may get better over the season (my expectation). We will see

Given our squad, that’s exactly right in terms of what we should expect.

Yep, and finishing 6th-9th (preferably upper end of the range) would be ok if we then have a window like last summer. Romero, Gil, Emerson and Sarr will I think end up being excellent additions and if we could get, say, a CF, creative attacker and another CM next summer (as well as shipping some out and replacing any departures), then the rebuild will largely be done and we can move forward. TBD who the manager is

We lost three of them 3-0, you don't turn those into draws, not the way we played.
The wins were closer and could more easily have defeats.
Then where would we be? 16th?
Difference is we will be at home to Arsenal, Crystal Palace and West Ham second half of the season. I will be very surprised if we don’t get better results from the return fixtures, being at home in London derbies tends to be an advantage….

I am sure we all agree that the squad is by no means the finished article ATM. We lack cover for Kane and we still do not have an Eriksen replacement. Ndombele is a player with immense talent but he is still playing within himself. Lo Celso I like, but he hasn't really set the world alight either certainly not enough to earn a permanent place in the starting 11.

So, I am not sure we can blame these issues on a manager who hasn't even been here for 1/2 a season. He needs a couple more transfer windows at least.

I am sure we all agree that the squad is by no means the finished article ATM. We lack cover for Kane and we still do not have an Eriksen replacement. Ndombele is a player with immense talent but he is still playing within himself. Lo Celso I like, but he hasn't really set the world alight either certainly not enough to earn a permanent place in the starting 11.

So, I am not sure we can blame these issues on a manager who hasn't even been here for 1/2 a season. He needs a couple more transfer windows at least.

For competing for honours - yes. But our basic par position is a comfortable 5th, and we're a long way short of that at the moment (as the Arsenal, Palace and West Ham games show)

For competing for honours - yes. But our basic par position is a comfortable 5th, and we're a long way short of that at the moment (as the Arsenal, Palace and West Ham games show)
Comfortable 5th? We haven't finished there for the last 2 seasons so how come we are suddenly at that point now?

Difference is we will be at home to Arsenal, Crystal Palace and West Ham second half of the season. I will be very surprised if we don’t get better results from the return fixtures, being at home in London derbies tends to be an advantage….
Said that to my mate after the game
Today’s result and arsenal away were no different to last season and Nuno maybe learned something* about his team which actually made the defeats have some value
It’s what happens next and also for revenge purposes the home games vs thess sides

Easily the 5th best squad. We've just been handicapped by a hugely toxic and then a massively out of his depth managers
Utter gonad*s fella
What your saying is exactly the issue
If we had the 5th best squad we wouldn’t have some of the issues that are clear to all and sundry
No back up striker
No real RWF
Young players who can’t get near the squad but not loaned
Odd ones like Rodon who never get a sniff
It’s a very unbalanced squad

Utter gonad*s fella
What your saying is exactly the issue
If we had the 5th best squad we wouldn’t have some of the issues that are clear to all and sundry
No back up striker
No real RWF
Young players who can’t get near the squad but not loaned
Odd ones like Rodon who never get a sniff
It’s a very unbalanced squad
Every team in the league has the same '2-3 players short' story

Backup CF and no RWF are the same as peak Poch squads. The solution is that we shouldn't be playing with two WFs anyway - we are not a counter attacking side.

All Santo needs to do is get a tune out of any one of Lo Celso, Alli, Moura or Bergwijn in the third of the AM trio. Any one of them

Back