• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Watching Emirates Marketing Project and Southampton at half time Emirates Marketing Project shaded it but Southampton was playing proper football controlling the game at times, defending mostly but with committed players, lots of movement defending as a team making it hard for Emirates Marketing Project. Quick counters but not enough clinical quality.

9/10 in terms of quality of football and the same for entertainment.

I want Hanshuttl, Soton's CBs and CMs.

BTW if anyone had any problems with Grealish being 100 mil then, well he looks like a 100 mil player now. Push and run into the box for so many dangerous crosses.

Also, walker Peters! What was holding him back when with us? Soton's players are tested by Emirates Marketing Project but they are up to the challenge and enjoying it, Peters no fear against Emirates Marketing Project stars.

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
The results weren't that great at the start under Poch but he at least was trying to implement a decent style of football.
Exactly that , you could see what he was trying to do . Think if we could see what he’s trying to do in terms of football we would not be to worried about the result. But dire football and the result becomes a point of focus. Just like under Jose.

The results weren't that great at the start under Poch but he at least was trying to implement a decent style of football.
Sorry not sure why I put wins I meant a bit of an indifferent start. But as you say there was some green shoots of promise. I don’t see it with Nuno.

Should not matter who’s available because a style of play should be implemented across the board .

Should not matter who’s available because a style of play should be implemented across the board .

Yes, and building on @metalgear 's post above, you look at the midfield of Southampton yesterday v Emirates Marketing Project: two wingers (Redmond and Elyounoussi), a defensive midfielder (Romeu) and a creative player in Ward-Prowse. Not exactly the most talented bunch, but the system trumps the players

Hasenhuttl has been at Southampton three years now,Santo has not had a full squad to work with for three weeks.

Being Spurs manager has to be one of the most difficult jobs in the league this season - many fans have been talking as if we should be challenging for top 4 despite our squad being nowhere near the level of the big boys. Then there’s the Kane distraction all pre season, then through nothing but bad luck at any time has the coach had even a decent couple of weeks to work with the majority of his first team on how he wants things to work.

We likely won’t see Nuno’s true stamp on the team for a good few months yet, due to future disruption with internationals etc. Considering the state of our squad which still needs plenty of work, I’m more than happy to exercise some patience…..

We likely won’t see Nuno’s true stamp on the team for a good few months yet, due to future disruption with internationals etc. Considering the state of our squad which still needs plenty of work, I’m more than happy to exercise some patience…..

I think most people will give him time too, however its natural to look for signs of where he's taking the team and some of the signs (Palace line-up, Emerson for Moura sub etc) are concerning, particularly when overlaid on his comments about priority is not conceding for the first hour, the the stat on the previous page about his teams not scoring in the first half of something like 70% of games

I think most people will give him time too, however its natural to look for signs of where he's taking the team and some of the signs (Palace line-up, Emerson for Moura sub etc) are concerning, particularly when overlaid on his comments about priority is not conceding for the first hour, the the stat on the previous page about his teams not scoring in the first half of something like 70% of games
Where are the quotes from him about not conceding for the first hour? I’d like to read them

Watching Emirates Marketing Project and Southampton at half time Emirates Marketing Project shaded it but Southampton was playing proper football controlling the game at times, defending mostly but with committed players, lots of movement defending as a team making it hard for Emirates Marketing Project. Quick counters but not enough clinical quality.

9/10 in terms of quality of football and the same for entertainment.

I want Hanshuttl, Soton's CBs and CMs.

BTW if anyone had any problems with Grealish being 100 mil then, well he looks like a 100 mil player now. Push and run into the box for so many dangerous crosses.

Also, walker Peters! What was holding him back when with us? Soton's players are tested by Emirates Marketing Project but they are up to the challenge and enjoying it, Peters no fear against Emirates Marketing Project stars.

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
The same Southampton side that has big ups no big downs in a season
I de,bed Spurs fans saying we should get Ralf in last season
Then mocking when his team got spanked several times

Where are the quotes from him about not conceding for the first hour? I’d like to read them

Here's one such comment though it doesnt mention the hour; I'm sure with a bit of googling you can find more:

""It starts with being organised, compact and not conceding and then you can think about scoring."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-boss-worried-about-lack-of-first-half-goals

The stats though speak for themselves - look back a page of two for number of games in which he teams haven't scored in the first half

Here's one such comment though it doesnt mention the hour; I'm sure with a bit of googling you can find more:

""It starts with being organised, compact and not conceding and then you can think about scoring."

https://www.skysports.com/football/...s-boss-worried-about-lack-of-first-half-goals

The stats though speak for themselves - look back a page of two for number of games in which he teams haven't scored in the first half

I did google it and couldn’t actually find anything

I think it’s using the stats and creating a story

I'd put that down to squad quality and depth... Oh wait.
Well at least the system is working and delivering half the time, and with much less expensive players overall
The same Southampton side that has big ups no big downs in a season
I de,bed Spurs fans saying we should get Ralf in last season
Then mocking when his team got spanked several times

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Think what you like. That BBC stat only came up a day or so ago. Another quote here:

“….but first we have to keep a clean sheet..”

https://www.expressandstar.com/spor...clean-sheet-is-priority-for-wolves-boss-nuno/

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
Yeah
So where does he say it’s his target to not concede for 60 mins?
he is saying he doesn’t want to concede first
Seems sensible to me
But the implication that he sets his teams to defend for 60 mins before attacking is just odd

Yeah
So where does he say it’s his target to not concede for 60 mins?
he is saying he doesn’t want to concede first
Seems sensible to me
But the implication that he sets his teams to defend for 60 mins before attacking is just odd

I don’t have time to search the internet for every Nuno quote I’m afraid. I disagree though that prioritising a clean sheet isn’t the right way for a top team to act.

Regardless, very good line-up selected today. Fingers crossed this sort of line up continues. He seems a good bloke and would be nice to see a good guy succeed

I don’t have time to search the internet for every Nuno quote I’m afraid. I disagree though that prioritising a clean sheet isn’t the right way for a top team to act.

Regardless, very good line-up selected today. Fingers crossed this sort of line up continues. He seems a good bloke and would be nice to see a good guy succeed

every team should target not conceding
Defending is part of the game
But those “quotes” were when he was manager of Wolves. Wolves aren’t a top team
Let’s see how his team develops here and judge him over 38 games.

Tuchel changed the game in the second half, which NES didn't react to at all. But, even if he had wanted to...what could he really do? We had Skipp and Gil to bring on against their subs in Kante and Werner. Come on, it's not fair to expect miracles from the guy.

Let's just get through September - Nuno will have games more suited to his level after that in some of the mid-table teams, and I'd expect him to do better there.

....and replaced by...?

Lets see whether he learns from today and picks a similar starting 11 next week and each week thereafter. Judge him in 2022, but its going to be a long season.

We're going to need to spend some bucks in the coming weeks given we're lacking creativity and guile in midfield and up front

Back