• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

6 PL games before the November international break are:

- Arsenal (a)
- Villa (h)
- Saudi Sportswashing Machine (a)
- Spammers (a)
- Man U (h)
- Everton (a)

Maybe 7-8 points so we're on 16-17 after 11 games....possibly around 9th/10th in the table....?

If I was Nuno I'd play the reserves on Wed and it might be a blessing if we lose to remove some games from the calendar. Then also rotate as much as he dares in the ECL. We dont have the squad to compete on all fronts and its the league form and position which will decide his future

Given this week and last week, where do you see the 2 wins?

Saudi Sportswashing Machine?

I could see lots of draws with few goals. Maybe 1 win and 4-5 draws.

Dier and Romero looked solid today against a top team and they have PEH in front of them and a decent keeper behind them.

Our forwards will likely be isolated though but have enough ability for us to nick 1, perhaps 2, of those games

brick supporters out.

Isn’t the nature of a supporter, someone who wants the best for what they are supporting? I support the club, I do not support Nuno Espírito Santo. I want us to win whilst he is manager but that’s still because I support the team, not because I support the manager. If we had a manager in place that played Ndombele in goal, and Dier as a sole striker, would you not want him to be removed? If not, then do you really want the best for the team? If so, does that say you are not a good supporter?

Does not get any easier. I don’t see two wins in that lot. Yes we looked better first half but we don’t look like scoring.

I got laughed at in Transfer thread by some for suggesting we’d finish mid table. That’s exactly where we are heading. We all think the Goons are gash and they are. You know what tho we are not much better than them.

I could see lots of draws with few goals. Maybe 1 win and 4-5 draws.

Dier and Romero looked solid today against a top team and they have PEH in front of them and a decent keeper behind them.

Our forwards will likely be isolated though but have enough ability for us to nick 1, perhaps 2, of those games
If we can swap Lo Celso for Moura or Bergwijn coming back from injury then I think the balance will be OK.

Does not get any easier. I don’t see two wins in that lot. Yes we looked better first half but we don’t look like scoring.

I got laughed at in Transfer thread by some for suggesting we’d finish mid table. That’s exactly where we are heading. We all think the Goons are gash and they are. You know what tho we are not much better than them.
Us and Arsenal both look like midtable teams at the moment. Both of us are hoping to nab 6th place as a very best placed scenario.

If we can swap Lo Celso for Moura or Bergwijn coming back from injury then I think the balance will be OK.

Half a chance if we can keep TN fit. However a front 3 of kane, Son and Moura lacks a creator so if we have PE, Dele and say Skipp in midfield I worry about the number of chances we'll create. Very dependent on Ndombele IMO

We need a new song.

Maybe..

We're fudging brick.
We're fudging brick.
We're fudging brick, We're fudging brick,
We're fudging brick.

Followed by.
We're fudging brick...

Isn’t the nature of a supporter, someone who wants the best for what they are supporting? I support the club, I do not support Nuno Espírito Santo. I want us to win whilst he is manager but that’s still because I support the team, not because I support the manager. If we had a manager in place that played Ndombele in goal, and Dier as a sole striker, would you not want him to be removed? If not, then do you really want the best for the team? If so, does that say you are not a good supporter?

But he isn't, is he? If we file Palace as an aberration, what else has he done wrong? Won his first three league matches and gave probably the best team in Europe a scare for 45 minutes before the game reverted to type when his counterpart could look at a bench with a market value probably greater that than our whole squad put together, if you take away Kane and Son. It's fine wanting the best. It's ridiculous and almost pathetic to have irrational expectations and then blame other when they don't come to pass....

I know you have an irrational hatred of the Argentinian, but what have those two produced.... other than flattering to deceive with runs that result in practically nothing

Us and Arsenal both look like midtable teams at the moment. Both of us are hoping to nab 6th place as a very best placed scenario.

Yes. Arsenal are going through some dark years and it feels like we might follow them. We need some magic in the transfer market or some inspirational management and accept we might have a few difficult years

3 goals in 5 games....one of which was a very iffy penalty

I know you have an irrational hatred of the Argentinian, but what have those two produced.... other than flattering to deceive with runs that result in practically nothing
Moura has done and produced far more for Spurs than Lo Celso.
Lo Celso is mediocre as they come.

Moura has done and produced far more for Spurs than Lo Celso.
Lo Celso is mediocre as they come.

He has played far more than him though; so by the law of averages....

I know he will be a hero for Amsterdam, but his league form up till now has been as patchy and ineffective as GLC. However I believe - the Copa America for example - that GLC has more in his locker than Moura. Don't get me wrong, I would sell both in a heartbeat if it meant getting a proper creative player...

He has played far more than him though; so by the law of averages....

I know he will be a hero for Amsterdam, but his league form up till now has been as patchy and ineffective as GLC. However I believe - the Copa America for example - that GLC has more in his locker than Moura. Don't get me wrong, I would sell both in a heartbeat if it meant getting a proper creative player...

Fair enough. Think we need to shift quite a few. Our squad is scarily mediocre.

Lo Celso is not a wide right forward
He doesn’t play there for his country either
Seems odd we have had two coaches try to play him there for some reason
He can only cut in as he has no pace to go wide
He is much more effective playing central

Lo Celso is not a wide right forward
He doesn’t play there for his country either
Seems odd we have had two coaches try to play him there for some reason
He can only cut in as he has no pace to go wide
He is much more effective playing central

I agree... was not inferring playing him wide right. Though I do see an opportunity for him on the right of a 4-2-3-1 (as opposed to a 4-3-3) coming in on his preferred left foot and Royal overlapping on the right.

I agree... was not inferring playing him wide right. Though I do see an opportunity for him on the right of a 4-2-3-1 (as opposed to a 4-3-3) coming in on his preferred left foot and Royal overlapping on the right.
Maybe
I’d prefer to see him play where he played in Spain and for Argentina
That’s in a 3 but at the top of the triangle

Back