• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

Chuffed with the result. We've beaten City before but under Jose it really felt like we got lucky and we're hanging on. This was so much more composed.

Who knows how Santo will go, but hope we sing his name next game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Chuffed with the result. We've beaten City before but under Jose it really felt like we got lucky and we're hanging on. This was so much more composed.

Who knows how Santo will go, but hope we sing his name next game.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

This was actual counter attacking football, whilst the City & Arsenal wins last season were all out defensive setups.

Last edited:
I like the fact that during the presser today the first question gave Nuno an opportunity to throw players under the bus and he did not. With Mourinho when we lost the blame always seemed to land on the players

Don't recall Nuno doing it at the first interview.

Anyway these players are paid plenty, enough to take all kinds of criticism. After all they want to enjoy the 60k fans to scream for them so the manager can do what he thinks is right. In the end they need the players to do their job so we are after the same... Peak performers and winning games
I like the fact that during the presser today the first question gave Nuno an opportunity to throw players under the bus and he did not. With Mourinho when we lost the blame always seemed to land on the players

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Don't recall Nuno doing it at the first interview.

Anyway these players are paid plenty, enough to take all kinds of criticism. After all they want to enjoy the 60k fans to scream for them so the manager can do what he thinks is right. In the end they need the players to do their job so we are after the same... Peak performers and winning games

Managers that tend to slag off their players in public, blame them when they lose, but then crave the glory and call themselves winners when the team wins only succeed in losing the trust of their players, and eventually the dressing room.

Fergie had the right idea, he never slagged his players off in.public

Last edited:
And therein lies the rub, because when players are slagged off in public by their managers they do not generally perform at their peak

So the manager has to lie/misdirect and then confound the press and fans later on when the player is dropped for the next match.

So the manager has to lie/misdirect and then confound the press and fans later on when the player is dropped for the next match.

Suffice to say there are a host of great managers who succeed by not criticising individual players in public, the truth is nothing is ever gained by it. Let's take Shaw at Man Utd, all Mourinho ever dis by constantly slagging him off in public was undermine his confidence. With Mourinho gone he now looks one of the best left backs in the league. That is just one example but there are many. You may delight in seeing players thrown under the bus but there is simply no benefit.

Anyway there is a difference between saying a player made made a mistake or had a bad game and the continuous character assassination that Mourinho engages in

The more I see and hear of Nuno, the more I like him. He has an easy, calm authority...which let's you know that he will be tough and demanding when required. I like his emphasis on work, because work-rate is vital in the PL. Not someone to cross, but will put his own ego second to the needs of team management, unlike the previous incumbent.

Really like what I have seen so far. Getting the best out of players, handling the Kane situation well. So far so good.

I'm cautiously optimistic. He still has a lot to prove. Don't get me wrong, the results so far have been very good and we haven't conceded a goal. He's also inherited a complete brickshow with the Kane situation and the painful rebuild Poch warned us about a few years ago. In that context, it was always going to be difficult and 6 points is a great return.

But we're still in the honeymoon period and the performances, particularly today, need improvement. Fingers crossed he's the man to do it.

What he has done
He has united the players he has to focus on the tasks in hand
And he has got them fit
Today when wolves faded we were cruising
Same as city last week
That can only be good long term as the players adapt to his plans

No doubt a very likeable man, but the football has been very defensive. Is the Spurs Dna that Levy highlighted?

If it's the same football and results against us, I think the fans will start turning.

No doubt a very likeable man, but the football has been very defensive. Is the Spurs Dna that Levy highlighted?

If it's the same football and results against us, I think the fans will start turning.

It has been, with a real counter attack (vs. hit and hope)

He needs to start a team with a decent defence (Romero), a striker in place and someone else in midfield.

Really hard to judge the team with basically last years back line, neither of our recognized CMs and no Kane ..

we havent had a lot of luck with managers and he's hardly the one who will play the "tottenham way" (whatever that is anymore) but if he gets results, I'm behind him 100%, i'll take ugly 1-0 wins over 4-4 draws every day of the week.

He needs to start a team with a decent defence (Romero), a striker in place and someone else in midfield.

Really hard to judge the team with basically last years back line, neither of our recognized CMs and no Kane ..
Agreed. Problem is that if Ndombele really is on his way out, Lo Celso is our only CM option that increases some of what we miss there.

Still don't know if Kane stays, but can't put that on the club or Nuno. But there's a lot of uncertainty right now. Hopefully he stays and Romero starts well.

Reasons to be hopeful, definitely reasons to be patient.
we havent had a lot of luck with managers and he's hardly the one who will play the "tottenham way" (whatever that is anymore) but if he gets results, I'm behind him 100%, i'll take ugly 1-0 wins over 4-4 draws every day of the week.
This wasn't an ugly 1-0 win that we can rely on reproducing often enough to make it worth our while. This was us winning despite being second best, see last season for how long that can last.

real counter attack? instead of hit and hope its now dribble and hope :)

Back