• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nuno Espírito Santo - Sacked

I was more concerned about our shiny new ITK @(do_me_a)favour, it seems like the loss of Balotelli has caused irreparable damage to his ego. What a shame as he seemed like such a jolly, easy going and considered individual to have on board..
I only needed to read a couple of Favour's posts to put him on ignore, so didn't realise he'd disappeared. I did notice a few posters getting wound up by him though.

Can’t blame the players for trying. Briefing against a manager who upsets them has worked pretty well recently. Hopefully Patsie will be less susceptible than Levy.

Odd they've plucked a few paragraphs out of a rather long, positive article...

There are even quotes from Doherty further in the same article where he says he can be like that, then the next day has his arm around you.

Very odd indeed.

Media stirring brick? shocking I say ..

Nuno historically has the vast majority of players buy in to his vision.

The issue probably is Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Doherty all know they are not part of the long term plan

I would like to think that the reason the new manager is not getting too close to the players at this stage is to ensure that nobody ends up feeling "outside the click". Mourinho's got a long history of fan boying big players - Lampard, Terry, Kane, etc while largely ignoring some players - usually left backs it seems! Once he's done an assessment of them and has an idea of the keepers and the get ridders, he can then start to modify his approach.

BTW - the idea that Winks Dier and Doherty are surplus to requirements are fan/media driven notions - there's a very good chance that our new boss might want to keep one or all of those three, and more of the list above....

Media stirring brick? shocking I say ..

Nuno historically has the vast majority of players buy in to his vision.

The issue probably is Winks, Sissoko, Aurier, Sanchez, Davies, Dier, Doherty all know they are not part of the long term plan

Isn't even the media mate it's a fudging Spurs fan website stirring brick ffs!

Indeed. The leaking to the press is annoying though - and a further signal that we definitely need a continuing clear out.

My thoughts as well, its probably the same few players who downed tools under the previous three managers.

Nuno looks to have had a little makeover, beard defo more manicured than his Wolves days!

assertive presser which I like

https://www.football.london/tottenh...sults/nuno-espirito-santo-harry-kane-21301628

my only concern is the reference to Son playing through the middle, whilst it may be the only option for Sunday I was hoping we’d balance the squad by having two options at number 9 rather than potentially weakening two positions / limiting the ability to rest Son and the first choice 9occasionally

Back