• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Norwich

monkeybarry

Ian Walker
Anyone from here live in Norwich or used to?

Thinking of moving out of London to somewhere more quiet but not too boring.
I get the impression Norwich has an ok entertainment scene and is still close enough to visit London every couple of months.
I have family there that could help facilitate the move.

Just thought I'd see if anyone has any knowledge of the place.

I get the impression Norwich has an ok entertainment scene and is still close enough to visit London every couple of months.

I know from the other thread, you're needing to move on
Have you got to come back into London for work?

I have family in Norwich and also lived/worked there for a while, nice place to live to be honest but never call it a nice town to the locals they get really tinkled off.

I know from the other thread, you're needing to move on
Have you got to come back into London for work?

There are no guarantees right now, but my work did 50% WFH before covid, so the possibility of FT WFH with occasional travel into the office is quite likely.
Also knocks a couple of K off salary, so appealing for the business.

I don't want to be stuck in a dead end city (definitely not a town @parklane1 :D:D) where nothing happens. But somewhere that is calm and a good base.

Also, I love scotch eggs.:p

Never been so cant add anything to that. But good for you to looking into making a positive move. I know the is a big student population as my son's school were for some reason keen to promote it.

When you move make sure you join as many new groups as soon as possible to get yourself established in a new friendship group.

I have family in Norwich and also lived/worked there for a while, nice place to live to be honest but never call it a nice town to the locals they get really tinkled off.

Oddly the longer time residents of Brighton are the opposite. It is town and dont ever call it a city.

Never been so cant add anything to that. But good for you to looking into making a positive move. I know the is a big student population as my son's school were for some reason keen to promote it.

When you move make sure you join as many new groups as soon as possible to get yourself established in a new friendship group.
Thanks mate.
If 2020 has given us anything, it's pushed us to limits in different ways and opened up our eyes to different needs.
London is incredibly fun. But I think it's just too much for me now. And I'm ok with that now.

All I need to do now is work out how to make the change as we go into a mass lockdown and ban travel :D:D Great timing Baz!!

Thanks mate.
If 2020 has given us anything, it's pushed us to limits in different ways and opened up our eyes to different needs.
London is incredibly fun. But I think it's just too much for me now. And I'm ok with that now.

All I need to do now is work out how to make the change as we go into a mass lockdown and ban travel :D:D Great timing Baz!!

I left London for Brighton 27 years ago before moving to chi then back some place inbetween.

Mate once you get to the point where you can book a hotel for the weekend in London you will be amazed at how much you wish you had done it sooner. At the low end even a travelodge well in advance is cheap enough.

We in a normal year go up on the train quite a lot, is an hour by train and we enjoy the theatre.

I left London for Brighton 27 years ago before moving to chi then back some place inbetween.

Mate once you get to the point where you can book a hotel for the weekend in London you will be amazed at how much you wish you had done it sooner. At the low end even a travelodge well in advance is cheap enough.

We in a normal year go up on the train quite a lot, is an hour by train and we enjoy the theatre.
That's pretty much exactly where my head is at.
I always thought I couldn't live without the midweek gigs and shows - but I didn't fully realise how much I was doing that at the expense of my peace.

Norwich is a decent place to live but quite isolated
There are a trainable number of large ish companies there
All the times I went there it was ok for traffic but the locks moaned about it
All the guys who worked for me there was sound though and great to work with

Back