• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Saggy-face thread?!?

People can make as many excuses as they like for " rent a quote" but the truth is that they are 3 clubs in serious money problems after he did a runner and that is more then a coincidence.

As I said above excuses do not hide what he has left behind on several occasions, it seems some still want to make them though.

Here's another analogy, which works as it is something I was involved in.

Chairman of a start-up company tell his marketing director that he wants to advertise the company with all the bells & whistles (TV, radio etc). Then tells his tech guys that the website has to be absolutely cutting edge.

The marketing director and tech guys go out and do what was required of them.

6 months later the company collapses as all finance has run out.

Who is to blame?

Here's another analogy, which works as it is something I was involved in.

Chairman of a start-up company tell his marketing director that he wants to advertise the company with all the bells & whistles (TV, radio etc). Then tells his tech guys that the website has to be absolutely cutting edge.

The marketing director and tech guys go out and do what was required of them.

6 months later the company collapses as all finance has run out.

Who is to blame?
Unfortunately it doesn't work as it's not even close to the situation we're comparing it to. Allow me, if you will, to adapt the analogy to fit Redknapp and <insert financially ruined football club here>.

Chairman of an established and reasonably financially-sound company tells his tech director (who works in a field in which the chairman has no experience) to improve the company's ability to compete. There is a budget for this year, an idea of that for next - anything past that will be performance-dependent.

Tech Dir can either buy some hardware that will probably appreciate in value, if not hold its value with minimal ongoing costs. Or, for the same short-term budget he can enter into long and expensive lease agreements that his mates just happen to be offering, where the length of the lease goes way past the useful life of the equipment which will have no resale value. Those friends may or may not offer him some kind of kickback for doing so - I couldn't possibly comment. Especially not on the item (trying to think of some technical IT terms here....) PASCAL Chip MkIII, when technology has already made that item outdated and the company has at least 2 other bits of kit that can do that job.

Suarez wasn't, isn't and never will be a patch on Bale. Modric could do anything Stevie Me could with one leg chopped off and King would be insulted to be in the same room as any of their defence.

That team we had should have at least pushed for the title - winning it would require a mentality bred by longer term success IMO.

Just wondering if you still stand by this statement Scara given that Suarez is now also a CL winner and also scored the winner in the final just as Bale did and was part of the most prolific front line we've seen in a while?

Just wondering if you still stand by this statement Scara given that Suarez is now also a CL winner and also scored the winner in the final just as Bale did and was part of the most prolific front line we've seen in a while?
Absolutely. There's nothing Suarez can do that Bale can't (except devour live human flesh), but Suarez can't do half of the thing Bale can (partly because of physique).

Absolutely. There's nothing Suarez can do that Bale can't (except devour live human flesh), but Suarez can't do half of the thing Bale can (partly because of physique).

Bale is physically superior, Suarez is a better footballer in terms of skill and creativity no question. I recall you saying Bale was one of the top players in the world. Do you still believe that given the season he just had? Suarez easily had the better season of the two.

Bale is physically superior,
Agreed

Suarez is a better footballer in terms of skill and creativity no question.
We'll have to agree to disagree then. I've never seen Suarez do anything that Bale can't. Bale beats a man as easily, weights a pass as well as him - he strikes a ball more cleanly.

Suarez is far better at cheating and a being a c**t - he'd even give Ade a run for his money on that score.

Maybe Suarez tracks back a little more but that could be down to tactics - Bale was always the "out ball" for us and often is for Madrid too.

I recall you saying Bale was one of the top players in the world. Do you still believe that given the season he just had? Suarez easily had the better season of the two.
Bale's had a poor season by his standards, Suarez has just had his best ever and I'd rather have had Bale in the team than Suarez.

There's nothing to suggest that this season is anything other than a blip in an otherwise upward trajectory in Bale's career.

harry_team_3351043b.jpg

Harry_Mug_3351016b.jpg

harry_zimmer_3350988b.jpg

Finally got himself a new gig.

I suppose he will get the blame when the bowls club goes bankrupt.

I would hope that anyone who gives him a job would know by now not to let him have the keys to the money if they want their club to remain stable, in other words the same as Levy did here ( thank GHod).

I would hope that anyone who gives him a job would know by now not to let him have the keys to the money if they want their club to remain stable, in other words the same as Levy did here ( thank GHod).
Now hold on a minute - 'Arry's never been found guilty of dodgy backhanders to line his own pockets.

His dog, on the other hand, is f*cking minted.

Harry still saying in the media effectively "GissaJob".
As i say if any Football Chairman gives him a job now, you will then know at least one who is corrupt. Naivety is now not possible and can no longer be an excuse after the QPR shambles..

Back