• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

No Rugby World Cup thread?

I don't think it was that obvious. England were just a few 5m lineouts away from killing off the game. They were costly mistakes.

The Pollard kick was not a gimme either.
I called it earlier in this thread at 9.34
It was obvious to me
I’ve played the game enough and seen SA them do it
If they can’t win with runners they will try the tight 5
And then king kicks
They won the WC playing like that twice

They are talking about this on the station I am watching. The 'bomb squad' produced so many penalties from the scrum, and it was not intended for that. That's why they take the scrum in their own 22 from the mark. Rule change should be considered.
No one ever takes the scrum
SA just used the rules
They also brought in every sub early…
They also had a few games in prep for the WC where they named 1 back on the bench and 7 from the pack
People were saying that’s not right… but it is and it worked

I called it earlier in this thread at 9.34
It was obvious to me
I’ve played the game enough and seen SA them do it
If they can’t win with runners they will try the tight 5
And then king kicks
They won the WC playing like that twice
Fair enough though momentum was all England up to the Pollard kick before the try. That could so easily have been an England win, so obvious is probably not the word I would use.

Fair enough though momentum was all England up to the Pollard kick before the try. That could so easily have been an England win, so obvious is probably not the word I would use.
The reason I called it was because of the changes they made
They were always gonna get pen,sties in the scrum and kick for 22 line out ball
It’s a set play that works a lot
England were the better side imo
The ref gave the 50/50s to the side with the heaviest pack
There was no drive from SA just waiting to put the weight in and pull it down
It’s so hard for refs to call it
But Pollard kicks like a fudging mule and they would have got him in one way or another
NZ will run at them from all angles and haven’t had that hard game which drains these teams since the opener
For me… they will win by double figures as I think SA will run out of steam

The reason I called it was because of the changes they made
They were always gonna get pen,sties in the scrum and kick for 22 line out ball
It’s a set play that works a lot
England were the better side imo
The ref gave the 50/50s to the side with the heaviest pack
There was no drive from SA just waiting to put the weight in and pull it down
It’s so hard for refs to call it
But Pollard kicks like a fudging mule and they would have got him in one way or another
NZ will run at them from all angles and haven’t had that hard game which drains these teams since the opener
For me… they will win by double figures as I think SA will run out of steam
Yep, England were the better side. They controlled the flow of the match up until the final phases of the game. Ultimately the early call to bring Pollard on was the key decision.

NZ probably should have lost to Ireland but just did enough. They should edge it.

Yep, England were the better side. They controlled the flow of the match up until the final phases of the game. Ultimately the early call to bring Pollard on was the key decision.

NZ probably should have lost to Ireland but just did enough. They should edge it.
I think nz running game will hurt SA
And SA have just gone through 2 brutal games

Here we go. Who do we fancy for this? It’s great not having a favourite to root for. Hopefully it will be a cracker!

I think All Blacks, but Pollard and De Klerk could be the difference again.

Watching how rugby deal with video referring, ref comms with the crowd etc lends credence to the idea that football is corrupt.

Big moments now. 14 aside for the remainder. Missed pen by Barrett, although by no means a gimme.

Back