• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Gross all over again!

Tbf he's pretty good but needs to prove it somewhere else first, we're not in a position where we have to take this much of a risk. Our stocks much higher than the 90's when gross came.

Sounds great, but I have serious doubts whether de Boer would drop Ajax in it half way into the season with a tight title race* and European progress in play. After all, if he wants the job Levy would probably hold it for him till the summer, which would be a better time to arrive at Spurs than now.

* http://www1.skysports.com/football/competitions/eredivisie/table

i just have a funny feeling that deBoer would turn down Spurs if we approached him. He is happy at Ajax and he will look at how first Redknapp was sacked despite finishing 4th and now AVB after a record points total last season and results wise a decent start this season. Why would he risk ruining his reputation and future if things dont go so well at Spurs and is eventually sacked too?

I see him waiting for the Arsanal job to come up, possibly next summer considering that Weng hasnt signed a new deal yet

being a man who loves a mullet, im sure Baldini has huge respect for Yakin's hairstyle

fft104mm1946214.jpg

images

Levy must have been impressed by Yakin's Basel counter attacking at will through Tottenham at WHL last season...they were terrific

There's one small problem with that plan. To counter-attack you need to be attacked.

there are always moments in the game when the opposition have the ball and make moves forward. The key is to be ready for these moments and be ready to exploit them by having the ability to counter attack. Under AVb we rarely saw this

there are always moments in the game when the opposition have the ball and make moves forward. The key is to be ready for these moments and be ready to exploit them by having the ability to counter attack. Under AVb we rarely saw this

Why would a team plan to not have the ball? If we don't have the ball, we're not attacking.

That's bad right?

AVB was at longer odds not long before we appointed him. Moyes and Martinez were massive favourites.

Looked at my account there I backed AVB @ 14/1 on 13/06/2012 he was appointed on the 3rd of July.

But what I really mean is if there was contact between him and Tottenham that would have got out and the odds would be much shorter.
I don't believe we have contacted him.
I don't think any appointment will be made until the summer anyway.

The more I think about it, the more I'm starting to lean towards Yakin.

Would be have the respect of the players here? Yes he has the respect of the players in Basel because he's played for the club and is a former Swiss international.
What is his English like?
What about his style of football?

Ultimately he'd be another gamble after AVB.

Would be have the respect of the players here? Yes he has the respect of the players in Basel because he's played for the club and is a former Swiss international.
What is his English like?
What about his style of football?

Ultimately he'd be another gamble after AVB.

Most of our first team aren't English, so I don't see a problem with earning any respect just because he isn't either.

Being Swiss of Turkish descent he probably speaks half a dozen languages. :lol:

my question is what does that 3-5-2 look like when we're in possession?

With a back 4 the two CB's split allowing for a CDM to play the ball from deep... with 3 would it instead just be Daws back there passing it around to Verts and Chiriches? If so count me out.. Any plan that relies on Daws on the ball is an awful one imo

Chiriches has been pretty useful offensively and ditto Verts.

I don't think we need this formation against West Ham but against City it might be the answer.

I just want flexiblilty. You can't have the same style for every team.

Would not be happy with Yakin's appointment. Unknown quantity over here, we would be better off with someone like Benitez, Ancelotti or even Hoddle, they all know the English league inside out and have proven experience.

Why would a team plan to not have the ball? If we don't have the ball, we're not attacking.

That's bad right?

well AVB's plan of having 70% of the ball was boring and ineffective .....I dont think we have to have a high line defence, i dont think we have to press so high up the pitch. If dropping back a touch means conceding a bit of possession, then I think thats acceptable, and if we then press in the right areas and win the ball back and swiftly counter i believe the chances created and resulting goals will more than justify this approach.

Back