• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
[video=youtube;YlCwz4O85Y8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlCwz4O85Y8[/video]

Let's just give the fcker another chance, even if it is a somewhat unrealistic hope i just love the thought of him doing well here and it all working out, if he does screw it up then we'll just replace him in the summer when there will be many more options available to us, especially after the World Cup. Perhaps i'm wrong but i can't see many top managers leaving their posts at this stage in the season.

Depends how much we pay.

I don't think it's too late if we really did want Martinez, kenwright would sell his own mother.

Depends how much we pay.

I don't think it's too late if we really did want Martinez, kenwright would sell his own mother.

Martinez would turn us down though. The man is loyal and he'll stay at Everton for at least a couple of seasons to see what he can achieve.

The technique on the free kick at 40" is simply incredible. It even has a hint to it of the modern way Ronaldo and Bale kick the standing ball. Amazing.

And I still reckon Watford is my favourite goal of all time. It's like time stands still.

He was to Wigan because of the owner and he has history, jumped ship at Swansea pretty quickly

Wigan was a step up from Swansea at the time. Don't think he would consider us that much of a step up from Everton and as you say, at Wigan there was a connection. That doesn't exist with us.

Let's just give the fcker another chance, even if it is a somewhat unrealistic hope i just love the thought of him doing well here and it all working out, if he does screw it up then we'll just replace him in the summer when there will be many more options available to us, especially after the World Cup. Perhaps i'm wrong but i can't see many top managers leaving their posts at this stage in the season.

It's off topic but this video still gives me a tingle, not only because I was at a ton of the home games in it, but also because it's the Glory of Spurs and epitomizes for many the reason why we love this club - regardless of who the chairman is, be it the board that mugged off Jennings, or Sugar or Levy & Co or the revolving door of managers or head coaches and players that are associated with us.

I could give two hoots what smirking Gooners or Spammers or Scousers think of MY club right now, it is Tottenham til I die.

COYS!!!

Instead of trying to follow trends or look for a manager who has come good at another club why not try to go another way and create a manager give someone a chance who would not otherwise be given a go.

Does not have to be an English guy, i just think with the players we have and if we stick with this director of football thing then the coach does not have to be great to improve us, even an average coach could get us playing better.

I must admit Im not excited or eager to see any of the names mentioned to take the helm at spurs.......Hoddle with his 3-5-2 could be interesting, Bielsa I dont know....the thought of Capello fills me with dread (which prob means he would be a rip roaring sucess) F De Boer seems like a gamble....

At this point I am baffled by early negativity regarding Sherwood....there must be something I am missing...something that he has done to cause such extremem views....Im prepared to see how he gets on for a bit as I just dont see that much out there.

really interested to hear what spurs fans want...big name quick fix like Hiddink or another young pretender to build our dreams.......

Do we want to develop young english talent???? do we want to play with 2 strikers????? do we want an English manager???????or someone who can knit all the foreign talent we have together???????

Its a good job im not chairman because I would seriously consider giving Ian Hollloway the job until the end of the season and then offer him a rolling contract depending on how things go.........
I like Holloway and for some reason I think he could seriously work at this club....the guy is honest as a days long and would be cheap to hire....he would understand our tradition and I would be facisnated to see what he could do with top international players......I remember he got Blackpool playing some amazing stuff and was perhaps too attacking as they went down....still his season in the prem with Blackpool impressed me....the guy im sure would bring a smile to our faces.....

and before I get ridiculed im suggesting give him six months....go on whats the worst that could happen........im curious to know what others think about Holloway.....you never know it could just be a masterstroke decision.....or not.

Instead of trying to follow trends or look for a manager who has come good at another club why not try to go another way and create a manager give someone a chance who would not otherwise be given a go.

Does not have to be an English guy, i just think with the players we have and if we stick with this director of football thing then the coach does not have to be great to improve us, even an average coach could get us playing better.

I think that it is a lot more difficult than that. More than anything we need someone who will command the respect of the squad but who can also deal with the pressure/media and is not going to fold if we have a couple of poor results.

"After the job he did at Chelsea he was incredibly lucky to get that job in the first place,"

Bitter much?

"He had a nightmare at Chelsea and then they went and won the Champions League without him, but he finds himself as the manager of Tottenham with a squad of Modric, Bale and players like that.

So Di Matteo gets the credit for winning the CL after taking over in March, but Harry gets credit for AVB's first season at Spurs? Mmmkay

"Last year he did well with the previous manager's team, but now he's had his chance to do it, it hasn't worked out for him.

:lol:

Lost Modric, VDV, Ade (even though he was still there), King, Corluka, Kranjcar, Pienaar. I only mention the last three because it was Harry who never gave them any games and ultimately caused them to want to leave. Yeah, same team.

"When you get beat 5-0 at home it's a bit of a tell-tale sign. It's not something Tottenham fans are accustomed to and I feel sorry to a certain extent for the fans.

Yeah, we never had to suffer pathetic losses in the past.

Tottenham 1-5 Emirates Marketing Project
Tottenham 1-5 Chelsea
Arsenal 5-2 Tottenham
Bolton 4-2 Tottenham
Blackpool 3-1 Tottenham
Fulham 4-0 Tottenham

Losing 1-3 at home to United (admittedly a good side) after going 1-0 up in the first minute.

0-1 at home to the likes of Wolves, Stoke, Wigan.

"Having seen the team that was built - you look at Gareth Bale on the wing - and you've ended up with players who aren't in the same league."

Erm, yes, that's why Real Madrid paid as much as they did. If there were other players out there just as good they wouldn't have.

He was lucky though, hardly did a good job at Chelsea did he?

You made excuse after excuse for AVB when we get thumped but the losses you mentioned are pathetic? At least we scored in most of those games.

Essentially you are right. The role of manager is overstated in English football. We need a decent head coach with a world class set up surrounding him. That is more likely to wrong than gambling on trying to find the next Clough, Mourinho or Guardiola.

Fair point. Maybe he would accept, but he turned down Liverpool on the basis that he was still evolving as a coach. And of course that Ajax connection is deep for him. But maybe you're right, maybe he would come.

Two of the best players he's coached so far are already here (Verts and Eriksen), guaranteeing him both a degree of familiarity with at least two members of the playing squad and a solid support base to build on, and we have the financial firepower to acquire quite a few more of his players at Ajax (Blind, Sigporsson, Fischer, etcetera) should he want to do so in the January window. There is also that Spurs-Ajax connection.

I suspect we'd be a greater draw for De Boer than most people imagine. Whether his coaching staff would come along (particularly Bergkamp, like Modric THFC suggests) is debatable.

He also got Hertha Berlin to a 4th placed finish in 2008-2009, an even more unlikely feat. They were actually in the title race until the last few games, so that was arguably more impressive than his subsequent Gladbach successes.

Well, in terms of the differences between him and 'Arry, he's younger for one (56). He's also apparently 'studious and soft-spoken', and he bases his attacking teams around tactical discipline and organization, which would contrast with Redknapp's car-window antics and more laid-back approach. Most importantly, Favre has a track record of promoting and extensively working with and improving youth players, with the likes of Herrmann, Reus and Kruse all flowering under his watch.

If there is a criticism of Favre it is that he is too rigid in his team selection, choosing the same players and the same set of formations (two or three that he tends to stick to) over the course of the whole season. But there's no doubt he's a very talented, and very underrated manager.

Sources:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2012/feb/13/lucien-favre-borussia-monchengladbach

http://bundesligafanatic.com/lucien-favre-the-architect-behind-the-rise-of-the-foals/

Kruse? He was bought in this summer and is hardly a youth player.

Kruse? He was bought in this summer and is hardly a youth player.

Yeah, I got him confused with Robbie Kruse, who for some strange reason I thought played for Gladbach before his move to Leverkusen. Apologies.

Though wikipedia does say this : "Favre is also well known for his ability to develop talented young players and introduce them into the first team. Under his leadership, Blerim Džemaili, Almen Abdi, Steve von Bergen and Gökhan Inler made their debut with the Swiss national team before signing for foreign clubs."

So, add Herrmann and Reus to that list and the point still stands.

Back