• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager

Who do you want as the next Spurs manager?

• Tim Sherwood

Votes: 9 7.9%
  • Glenn Hoddle

• Michael Laudrup

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Ole Gunnar Solskjær

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Fabio Capello

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Lucien Favre

• Luciano Spalletti

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Marcelo Bielsa

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 53 46.5%

• Total voters
Laudrup is a good shout. Ideally would want someone who has won proper trophies but not sure we could get a top top manager

when it comes to picking managers thats absolutely true...time after time he picks the wrong one and has to sack him. Just look at where ex Levy appointees tend to end up.

Except for Arsenal and previously United, this is what happens at every other club out there. Coaches are more expendable than players. If picking the wrong coaches has got us from the brink of relegation to being CL contenders, I wonder what would happen if he picked the right one.

Pocchetino and Bielsa the best suggestions so far imo.

Didn't know Bielsa was unemployed...

Neither are good suggestion imo.

Biesla is a mad man. His system will see us playing decent football but in terms of consistency? we'll be all over the place. Pocchetino...i haven't bought into the hype and don't think i ever will. His football is based on the highline but unlike AVB he wants his team to play with speed..fast passing..fast movement. Hmmm closing down and high line the same as AVB...nah i want a different approach.

I wouldnt sack him yet - only by default though as there is no one out there and id wait till after the world cup when Klinsmann or someone becomes available.

The guy needs to ****in change his philosophy though

Jurgen just signed a 5 year extension.

I wouldnt sack him yet - only by default though as there is no one out there and id wait till after the world cup when Klinsmann or someone becomes available.

The guy needs to ****in change his philosophy though

He wont change though. He's quite stubborn and this is the way he wants to play. He's been here for 18 months and we don't have the semblance of a sensible system in place. Had Bale not got us out of jail in the last few minutes of so many games last season, this moment would have come well before now. The guy isn't up to the task so Levy needs to act

Maybe if AVB thinks he's screwed anyway, the pressure will be off, and he can just go for it. Gee up the team. Nothing to lose now.

when it comes to picking managers thats absolutely true...time after time he picks the wrong one and has to sack him. Just look at where ex Levy appointees tend to end up.

Its a good point. Very few, is any, managers have don't anything of note after leaving us

Jurgen just signed a 5 year extension.

Means nothing lets be honest though. If not, im sure there will be others available. Low from Germany? Maybe Managers like Klopp? dont forget there wouldnt be that many clubs as big as us after Managers.

Biesla is a mad man. His system will see us playing decent football but in terms of consistency? we'll be all over the place. Pocchetino...i haven't bought into the hype and don't think i ever will. His football is based on the highline but unlike AVB he wants his team to play with speed..fast passing..fast movement. Hmmm closing down and high line the same as AVB...nah i want a different approach.

Pocchetino is basically signing AVB straight from Porto (rather than via the Chelsea route).

I've been a fan of Bielsa for a long time. He might not be the most consistent of managers, but his teams are always entertaining and I think he could do really well with some of our players. We have a lot of the right player types for his style of football. Unlike most discussed here he's actually available. It would be the truly exciting choice if we were to change managers. Perhaps I just have a weakness for mad men...

Honestly it's still very early with Pocchetino isn't, but the signs are good. Unlike you I don't think we need a whole new approach, we just need someone who can make it work.

All of that said I still think AVB will be around come January first and I still think there's a good chance he'll turn it around.

Re: Capello at the game tonight

Cant believe he'd leave RUssia now and we're not going to wait 6 months for him. Levy wants long term stability - Capello is far too old

Means nothing lets be honest though. If not, im sure there will be others available. Low from Germany? Maybe Managers like Klopp? dont forget there wouldnt be that many clubs as big as us after Managers.

Unrealistic to think any of those would come to us mate, would take any of them though.

Pocchetino and Bielsa the best suggestions so far imo.

Didn't know Bielsa was unemployed...

why Pocchetino.....would he have been a good suggestion over a year ago? would his insistence on not speaking english to the media go down well at a top club? why did he spend a fortune of Osvaldo and not get many decent performances from him?

managing Tottenham is a different pressure to managing a Southampton.

why Pocchetino.....would he have been a good suggestion over a year ago? would his insistence on not speaking english to the media go down well at a top club? why did he spend a fortune of Osvaldo and not get many decent performances from him?

managing Tottenham is a different pressure to managing a Southampton.

What are the better suggestions so far in your opinion then?

Frank de Boer or Lucien Favre. Stretching it a bit, perhaps Diego Simeone if we offered him tons of cash.
Sigh. Sack the prodigy and start over. Sack the prodigy and start over. Sack the prodigy and start over. It's frustrating, doubly so because I desperately wanted AVB to succeed.

However, if the alternative is a season of losing by five an six goal margins whenever we come up against even moderately talented sides, then fare-f*cking-well, Andre.

tbh, I'm not sure I care, I don't think AVB is the problem and I think anyone who would take the job is gonna do worse

Its a good point. Very few, is any, managers have don't anything of note after leaving us

+ives -ives

...Levy was right to sack them then.

...was not right to appoint them.

...how many managers have stayed on in their jobs in the prem?

Southampton are currently 5 games without a win and will be in the bottom half by the end of January. Would like to see how Pochettino deals with that before heralding him as the next big thing.

Back