• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Spurs make Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino their No1 target to replace Tim Sherwood

Apr 28, 2014 22:30
By John Cross

Southampton face a major battle to keep the Argentine boss - and they are already stepping up their attempts to get him to sign a new deal

Southampton boss Mauricio Pochettino has emerged as Tottenham’s No.1 managerial target.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has identified him as the ideal successor to Tim Sherwood.

It leaves Southampton facing a major battle to keep him and they are already stepping up their attempts to get him to sign a new deal.

Pochettino, 42, has another year left on his existing contract but has held off entering negotiations to see where the land lies in the summer.

The former World Cup star admitted he considered quitting after Nicola Cortese left the club but new chairman Ralph Krueger is hopeful of persuading him to stay.

Tottenham originally went for Ajax boss Frank De Boer to replace Andre Villas Boas but the Dutchman knocked them back and Sherwood was handed an 18-month contract.

They also eyed up Louis Van Gaal but the Dutch boss is now destined for Manchester United. It leaves Pochettino as No1 target - and it's now a question of whether they can lure him to White Hart Lane.

Part of the issue surrounding Pochettino is about the future of Southampton’s players, as they are likely to face a battle to keep hold of Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana and Calum Chambers.

Shaw is the most likely to go but if Southampton do stage a mass sale then it may decide Pochettino’s own future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/next-spurs-manager-mauricio-pochettino-3471846

I get the feeling that whoever we get this summer will just be a buffer and nothing else, someone who can go along with a tight budget and take all blame whilst Levy & Co. try to deliver the stadium.

I think Pochettino is the most likely, with the least reasons for it not to happen.
if Shaw, Lall bloke leave, which is a possibility, he will have a serious gap or gaps to plug.

I still want FSW, and would love to know if he's interested at all, despite Phil Thompson's claims.

Whoever it is will get more full support, and I'll be optimistic based on the strengths that individual has.

Yea that put a few question marks in my mind as well. I know even fergies teams took a beating once every couple of years, but never in a cup final!

Keane was the most effective for us when he played further forward and Berba was the link man.

This .. and Pool bought Keane and tried to play him in Berb's position, and United bought Berbs and tried to play him in Keane's position.

Never understood how two decent managers ****ed that up so obviously.

Why did de Boer's Ajax get trounced 5-1 by PEC Zwolle in the Dutch cup final by the way?

According to "the internet" it was marred by fan violence and a fire in the stadium caused by a flare, the game was massively delayed and the players had to leave the pitch, I guess the Zwolle players handled the atmosphere more effectively.

Clive Allen told Talksport he reckons we will be going for Ancelotti in the summer lol. I can only think that this is some bluff made to make UTD reconsider signing LVG, because whilst LVG would come to us if UTD turned him down, Ancelotti wouldn't.

Clive Allen told Talksport he reckons we will be going for Ancelotti in the summer lol. I can only think that this is some bluff made to make UTD reconsider signing LVG, because whilst LVG would come to us if UTD turned him down, Ancelotti wouldn't.

I think Clive Allen talks a lot of BS; I think his levels of BS have been steadily rising since he was booted out the club with Harry

the media are backtracking, they thought they knew best by choosing van Gaal, the media boys choice. Now watch them squirm onto others.

I can honestly see van Gaal not getting any job in the premiership, unless Wenger leaves for Spain.

I'm convinced it will be De Boer.

Same, that's not to say he couldn't be very good. But doing it with Ajax in the Eredivisie doesn't prove much to me. England is a different animal.

Pochettino would be an excellent choice though imo, as would Benitez.

Edit: Thought you're post said "I'm not convinced by De Boer" lol. Don't know why I read it as that haha.

Last edited:
under Levy no manager will be here for more than 3 years max.......and even if the manager manages to make it to 3 years it must have meant he was reasonably successful and will then simply be poached by Real madrid ;)

Why do people keep saying this? If we have a good manager Levy won't sack him lol. Every sacking decision Levy has gotten right so far, the problem is that he keeps getting the hiring decisions wrong.

I think some of our heirarchy have gone off LVG given his knicker-hitching, equally, I wonder if he can com to an agreement with Utd given their desire to place Giggs as his asst. it's obvious he won't go for that, and if he does, it will go south fast…

What would you all think if LVG got the Utd job and Levy offered Giggs and his 'team' the job here? With a Mullensteen or Phelan as the anchor to Giggs, Scholes and Butt? Pure hypothesis of course, just having fun, but interested how people would feel about that?

I think some of our heirarchy have gone off LVG given his knicker-hitching, equally, I wonder if he can com to an agreement with Utd given their desire to place Giggs as his asst. it's obvious he won't go for that, and if he does, it will go south fast…

What would you all think if LVG got the Utd job and Levy offered Giggs and his 'team' the job here? With a Mullensteen or Phelan as the anchor to Giggs, Scholes and Butt? Pure hypothesis of course, just having fun, but interested how people would feel about that?

its the same as with Sherwood.....Giggs might have great potential, but he has no coaching/managerial experience. He needs to take a job at a smaller club first imo.

Why do people keep saying this? If we have a good manager Levy won't sack him lol. Every sacking decision Levy has gotten right so far, the problem is that he keeps getting the hiring decisions wrong.

thats my point.....Levy tends to hire the wrong guy and eventually has to sack him. Lets say that Levy miraculously gets an appointment right, then anyway a bigger club will swoop to pounce. We are fcuked in all ways:lol:

Back