• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I agree, but they have had since december to be doing this, in fact surely its best practice to constantly have a shortlist of next managers, updated regularly as more information is available

Well the Barca jobs come up for a start and Benitez's mates over here are bound to talk him up for a return. What are his mates in Spain and Italy saying?

Man Utd need a new manager so they appoint one ASAP. A good one. Spurs need a new manager so we'll probably fanny about for weeks probably well into pre season before we appoint the only bloke we could realistically get anyway.

It's the Spurs way.

You mean after making their worst managerial appointment who broke every **** record for the club in the last 20 years? a guy on a stupid long contract?

Has the the Barca one gone. Sorry I didn't know. What other position? I know the Man U one has gone. I didn't mention another vacancy.

sorry i skim read your post, thought you were saying United needed one.

Man Utd need a new manager so they appoint one ASAP. A good one. Spurs need a new manager so we'll probably fanny about for weeks probably well into pre season before we appoint the only bloke we could realistically get anyway.

difference being that the manager United have appointed is currently a national team manager and is probably free to openly discuss potential club jobs. if we're after FDB/Pocchetino/whoever that are currently in club jobs then we have to play the right game.

I thought Man Utd sacked their manager with 3 games of the season remaining? Currently we still have 2 or 3 weeks on Man Utd in terms of speed in getting a new manager appointed. Personally I am pleased that Levy isn't rushing into anything. If Benitez, FDB and Pochetino are the 3 top candidates (and assuming they would all take the gig if offered it on the right terms) then I think Levy (and Baldini) are absolutely right to take their time and try to do as much due diligence as possible try to ensure they appoint the one who is the best fit for the constraints that they will have him working under.

They've had ages to sort this. Levy knew he was letting Sherwood go before Moyes got the elbow.

But I agree we shouldn't rush into an appointment it's just I think there's only one realistic candidate and I don't want us to take until 15th august to appoint him.

They've had ages to sort this. Levy knew he was letting Sherwood go before Moyes got the elbow.

But I agree we shouldn't rush into an appointment it's just I think there's only one realistic candidate and I don't want us to take until 15th august to appoint him.

Levy needs to make an early appointment, it doesn't need to be this week, but it needs to be soon.

New guy needs a preseason, and needs a chance to be involved in transfers ...

you think United didn't know 3 months ago Moyes was gone? it was obvious before Levy let AVB go that Moyes was just an issue of during season/end of season/ or next ...

Well they soon rectified it though didn't they once they realised what they'd done.

word is that FDB is taking Ajax on tour somewhere before he can interview/be appointed - so it's likely the club will be waiting till they can speak to him before making any final judgment.

as long as the new guy is in place at the start of pre season it's not really much of an issue

Well the Barca jobs come up for a start and Benitez's mates over here are bound to talk him up for a return. What are his mates in Spain and Italy saying?

It's the Spurs way.

Is this the same Man Utd who fired their manager with 3 games left of the season?

word is that FDB is taking Ajax on tour somewhere before he can interview/be appointed - so it's likely the club will be waiting till they can speak to him before making any final judgment.

as long as the new guy is in place at the start of pre season it's not really much of an issue

Ajax got back from Indonesia on Saturday.

Personally I think Poch has got the gig and Soton are just sorting their replacement before it is confirmed.

What's your point? I'm talking about the hiring of their new manager not the sacking of Moyes.

My point is that Man Utd fired Moyes a while ago and only hired LVG today, not the quickfire process you suggested earlier. A process made even easier by the fact that he is a national team coach and they can therefore talk to him and announce him at their leisure.

We clearly wanted LVG but as I have been saying over and over again, anyone with half a brain (and I include LVG in that) could have foreseen that a job far bigger than the Spurs job might open up in the summer. He had nothing to gain and a lot to lose from rushing into a decision with us in December/ January.

So now we wait on FDB/ Pochettino. I imagine we'll have it sorted within 2 weeks or so. My view anyway.

Hmmm...we already witnessed that with AvB Vs. Mourhinio and that ended well....? :-k

Naaaaa this is different I knew taking avb over martinez was a error in fairness he nearly won me over for a bit.
Fdb is different
He's teacher's were lvg ,hiddink ,cruyff not a bad set to learn off and he shows a bit of all of them in he's teams play.

It was pochywhatsaflip last week waffa this week all to hide us dealing with Fdb ;) on the quiet.
Wishfull thinking on my part but its what I would like :D

My point is that Man Utd fired Moyes a while ago and only hired LVG today, not the quickfire process you suggested earlier. A process made even easier by the fact that he is a national team coach and they can therefore talk to him and announce him at their leisure.

We clearly wanted LVG but as I have been saying over and over again, anyone with half a brain (and I include LVG in that) could have foreseen that a job far bigger than the Spurs job might open up in the summer. He had nothing to gain and a lot to lose from rushing into a decision with us in December/ January.

So now we wait on FDB/ Pochettino. I imagine we'll have it sorted within 2 weeks or so. My view anyway.

And Spurs knew as I said earlier that Sherwood would be gone way before Moyes was given the boot so we've had a longer time to do the groundwork. Anyway whatever Levy and co are doing about it I just hope they don't fart about for 2 or 3 months.

And Spurs knew as I said earlier that Sherwood would be gone way before Moyes was given the boot so we've had a longer time to do the groundwork. Anyway whatever Levy and co are doing about it I just hope they don't fart about for 2 or 3 months.

Groundwork for what? It seems relatively clear that our 2 main options are FDB and Pochettino, both of whom were managing club sides during the season, one of whom in the middle of a title race. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we'd talked informally with both and they told us they weren't willing to leave mid-season.

Someone might bother putting in the effort to properly research it but off the top of my head, I don't remember Levy being someone who tends to leave the manager poition vacant for too long.

Groundwork for what? It seems relatively clear that our 2 main options are FDB and Pochettino, both of whom were managing club sides during the season, one of whom in the middle of a title race. I wouldn't be at all surprised if we'd talked informally with both and they told us they weren't willing to leave mid-season.

Someone might bother putting in the effort to properly research it but off the top of my head, I don't remember Levy being someone who tends to leave the manager poition vacant for too long.

Did you enjoy the 2003/04 season? That was vintage that one.

Back