• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm guessing the pay would be better than Napoli and the league is better/higher profile. Plus there's this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22506736

Chelsea interim boss Rafael Benitez's hunt for his next job has already started and he admits staying in England is the priority.
Benitez, who will leave Stamford Bridge at the end of the season, has guided Chelsea into Wednesday's Europa League final against Benfica in Amsterdam.
"It is started already, the agents are working," said the Spaniard, 53.
"The priority is still England, but, if you cannot find a club, maybe you have to go abroad."
Having done enough to ensure a Champions League place for the Londoners next season with Saturday's 2-1 win over Aston Villa, Benitez has his eyes on a quick return after his Chelsea exit - and his preference is another job in English football's top flight.
"The Premier League is a fantastic league," he said. "My family still live in England, so it would be easier. If not, I will go abroad.
"There are two options for the future: to get a project, two or three years to build a team like at Liverpool; or maybe a top side with money, where you can buy some players and challenge for trophies from the beginning."

The one thing that makes Benitez a possibility is the fact he signed a 2 year contract. One year left, if he makes motions towards wanting away then Napoli are in a bit of a position.

isnt it how things work??? Apparently some bigwigs at Spurs expected us to challenge for the title this season:lol: How do you know that people at Spurs dont think that the Spurs squad has more future potential than Utds, and thus think why would LVG be more interested in them?? They really might feel insulted that LVG would rather take over at Utd:) Also we have been interested in and talking to him since Dec about the Spurs job. All those talks go down the pan just because there is a vacancy at Utd??? Plus its the waiting. If its true Utd are waiting to see what happens with Ancelloti, that means potentially we have to wait until after the CL final in late may to discover if Real sack him and if he then ends up at Utd. If, If If..........Also the feeling might be that LVG simply isnt keen enough to take over at Spurs and if Utd reject him he will then just wait to see what happens with Wenger at **** and possibly Pellegrini at City. Yes, I think the egos of the Spurs executives would find it hard to wait and wait in such circustances

I don't get why people think that successful businessmen would act like spurned hormonal teenagers.

Right so Ancelotti, Mourinho and Klopp have all ruled themselves out of the running for the Utd job and unless they are sacked which I can't see even Madrid doing that due to lack of possible quality replacements in the market, means Utd have very little option but to go for LvG.

That's it folks, managers like de Boer, Moyes, Mancini, Allegri and Benitez are our likely targets now.

Right so Ancelotti, Mourinho and Klopp have all ruled themselves out of the running for the Utd job and unless they are sacked which I can't see even Madrid doing that due to lack of possible quality replacements in the market, means Utd have very little option but to go for LvG.

That's it folks, managers like de Boer, Moyes, Mancini, Allegri and Benitez are our likely targets now.

Lets see if Ancellotti is still there if RM crash out of the CL and fail to win La Liga. A jobless Ancelloti will be singing a different tune.

I'd take one and five on that list, I stil maintain that whoever gets the job won't be in it very long though.

Lets see if Ancellotti is still there if RM crash out of the CL and fail to win La Liga. A jobless Ancelloti will be singing a different tune.

I agree. Can see him going to Man U and think he'd be a good fit for them. Also think he'd do quite well there

Has it crossed anyone else's mind that Giggs is going to get the job (supported by the ex players, a real team effort).. Why let a temp manager for 3/4 games bring in more assistants? Less pressure initially whilst he gets his feet wet? They could chase their summer targets under the radar whilst everyone expects little movement until a new manger is in place.. Could disrupt us appointing anyone (LVG wont commit until he the outcome of Utd) and we are their closest rival this season (and possibly again next)..

I thought it was Calderon who ruled Ancelotti out?

And he's 1) nothing to do with Madrid anymore and 2) fell out big time with United over the Ronaldo transfer

Has it crossed anyone else's mind that Giggs is going to get the job (supported by the ex players, a real team effort).. Why let a temp manager for 3/4 games bring in more assistants? Less pressure initially whilst he gets his feet wet? They could chase their summer targets under the radar whilst everyone expects little movement until a new manger is in place.. Could disrupt us appointing anyone (LVG wont commit until he the outcome of Utd) and we are their closest rival this season (and possibly again next)..

I think there comes a time when Levy will either give LVG a last opportunity or will look to bring someone else in.
I can't see him waiting indefinitely for Van Gaal to do the right thing.

yep been thinking exactly this.

yep been thinking exactly this.

Well I have convinced myself and stuck a tenner on Giggs getting the job..

Back