• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs Manager v.2

Who do you want?

• Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Mauro Pochettino

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Frank de Boer

Votes: 43 35.5%
  • Roberto Martinez

Votes: 16 13.2%
  • Carlo Ancelotti

Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Murat Yakin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Thomas Tuchel

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Rafa Benitez

Votes: 29 24.0%
  • Someone Else

Votes: 4 3.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What we can safely say is that whoever it might be, be they an experienced premiership campaigner, or one of Europe's elite, they will have been sacked by November 2016.

Amen sister, the new boss will be gone within 18 months, whether because he is sacked or headhunted or gets a random disease, there is no way Spurs will settle down and keep a manager for years on end like some are hoping.

Same old same old really isn't it with Van Gaal seemingly Levys target número uno and now United are going to snatch him up. Man united win the title by 11 points a year later 7th in the league have sacked their manager and yet it's still Tottenham Hotspur FC who are the laughing stock. Clubs been an utter utter shambles since sacking AVB with no real plan as how to go forward.

I hope we don't even consider Moyes. I always felt he was over-rated at Everton and as soon as he has had a job with some expectancy and pressure, he's folded. He'd be a disaster for us, the fans would be on him very quickly imo.

Two things that our fans would need to allow a coach a bit of time to get it right:

1. A proven record of success, that leads us to believe that he will get it right in the end.

2. Good football that is, at the very least, tolerable to the majority of our support.

Moyes fails on both counts. I'd like Benitez, but he fails on point 2.

LVG seems like the perfect man for us at this point in time. I think he'd have the board, fans and players onside and pulling in the same direction, along with his excellent credentials and high probability of getting the most from our team. The club must be unified to move forward.

Same old same old really isn't it with Van Gaal seemingly Levys target número uno and now United are going to snatch him up. Man united win the title by 11 points a year later 7th in the league have sacked their manager and yet it's still Tottenham Hotspur FC who are the laughing stock. Clubs been an utter utter shambles since sacking AVB with no real plan as how to go forward.

LvG hasn't been appointed United manager yet it is entirely possible that they will look elsewhere. How do we know that the club has no plan as to how to go forward, the club haven't spoken about it and we have no idea who our first choice is and whether we have a chance of getting them?

It's quite strange how we want LVG, he seemingly wants Man UTD whilst UTD at this moment in time seem to want someone else.

Everything I read and hear right now from the UTD sites and figures in the game seem to think that Klopp is the man they want above everyone, whilst LVG is pretty much their backup plan.

It's quite strange how we want LVG, he seemingly wants Man UTD whilst UTD at this moment in time seem to want someone else.

Everything I read and hear right now from the UTD sites and figures in the game seem to think that Klopp is the man they want above everyone, whilst LVG is pretty much their backup plan.

Why do you say that Utd seem to want someone else?

If Moyes got the job I couldnt honestly see Lloris and Vertonghen wanting to stay next season

I can't see them wanting to stay regardless of who comes in, to be honest. I think they'll end up staying at the club come September 1st, but not voluntarily: it is more likely that no one will want to buy Verts after his disastrous form over the past six months, while I doubt anyone outside of PSG and Monaco will have the funds or the desire to push through a move for Lloris given the world record fee (for a goalkeeper) that Levy is likely to want for Hugo in order to get around the sell-on clause Lyon reportedly inserted into his contract.

I can't see them wanting to stay regardless of who comes in, to be honest. I think they'll end up staying at the club come September 1st, but not voluntarily: it is more likely that no one will want to buy Verts after his disastrous form over the past six months, while I doubt anyone outside of PSG and Monaco will have the funds or the desire to push through a move for Lloris given the world record fee (for a goalkeeper) that Levy is likely to want for Hugo in order to get around the sell-on clause Lyon reportedly inserted into his contract.

This is why we need a proven manager coming in. We appoint a nobody and then I wouldn't blame players who are at/near their prime from leaving.

If I wasn't a Spurs fan and I'd been at the club for a couple years whilst we've had two dog sh1t managers, then if we appointed an unproven manager I'd want out pretty quickly. Players have short careers at the very highest level and if you're in demand like Lloris and Verts might be, why would you hang around? We need a proven manager like LVG, CA, Allegri to keep our best players

This is why we need a proven manager coming in. We appoint a nobody and then I wouldn't blame players who are at/near their prime from leaving.

If I wasn't a Spurs fan and I'd been at the club for a couple years whilst we've had two dog sh1t managers, then if we appointed an unproven manager I'd want out pretty quickly. Players have short careers at the very highest level and if you're in demand like Lloris and Verts might be, why would you hang around? We need a proven manager like LVG, CA, Allegri to keep our best players

True, but like I said, I doubt at this point anyone short of Guardiola would appease the lads. We've had a bad season, and unless we miraculously finish fourth, we will have nothing to show for eight months of chaos. Modern football's timescales are such that eight months is enough to change the minds of most players: see Modric in 2010 and after the end of the 2011 season. Hence, I expect they're both thinking that two years is enough time spent at Spurs, regardless of who we can realistically bring in.

I don't blame them. If they end up leaving, the best of luck to 'em.

Why do you say that Utd seem to want someone else?

Klopp is that someone else. Opinion polls, journalists and forums all seem to be in love with the idea of him and if anything reticent about LVG given the fact that he won't get in the door until after the world cup when they argue that part of Moyes' problem was that he started too late in the summer after all their rivals had already done their transfer business.

Klopp is that someone else. Opinion polls, journalists and forums all seem to be in love with the idea of him and if anything reticent about LVG given the fact that he won't get in the door until after the world cup when they argue that part of Moyes' problem was that he started too late in the summer after all their rivals had already done their transfer business.

Klopp has stated pretty categorically that he's not leaving Dortmund this summer though so wanting him does as much good as us wanting Pep.

I hope we don't even consider Moyes. I always felt he was over-rated at Everton and as soon as he has had a job with some expectancy and pressure, he's folded. He'd be a disaster for us, the fans would be on him very quickly imo.

Two things that our fans would need to allow a coach a bit of time to get it right:

1. A proven record of success, that leads us to believe that he will get it right in the end.

2. Good football that is, at the very least, tolerable to the majority of our support.

LVG seems like the perfect man for us at this point in time. I think he'd have the board, fans and players onside and pulling in the same direction, along with his excellent credentials and high probability of getting the most from our team. The club must be unified to move forward.

This.

* But, would definately take Rafa, as an exception.

Agree with all of that. One of the more sensible posts on here for a while

How are we a laughing stock?

We may have approached a manager who is within his rights to hold off on his decision.

We become a laughing stock if we don't have a plan b (we may have already sounded out FDB) or plan c and do a panic appointment.

We have done nothing unprofessional so far to be laughed at.

From an article back in February...

De Boer, who has won three Eredivisie titles since his appointment at the Amsterdam ArenA in 2010, has been linked with the top jobs at both White Hart Lane and Anfield in recent years.

However, the former Netherlands international told the BBC World Football Show that he has previously turned down the opportunity to talk to the two clubs.

“Liverpool especially,” he said. “Tottenham called my manager with the possibility after sacking [Andre] Villas-Boas but I said, 'no, right now it's not the right moment'."

However, De Boer, who signed a new four-year contract with Ajax in the summer, went on to say that he would be more than happy to manage Tottenham or Liverpool once his tenure at the Dutch club comes to an end.

"Those two clubs are clubs that I think in the future I could be a manager of. I think the history of the clubs and what you can do with the team is my cup of tea," he said.

"I'm not really thinking about it because I'm very happy here at Ajax. I'm not in a hurry to leave because everybody is still happy with me.

"I step in my car with a big smile to go to the club. I don't think I'm finished here but there will come a time when I don't like it any more or the club doesn't like me anymore. Then we have to go both ways."

I don't think it'd be that much of a stretch to see him come here. Here's hoping he gets bored after winning 4 straight titles (something no ones done in that league before) and comes here.

Also with 2 of his former best players begging him to come in, I think/pray that could weigh in on his decision as well.

If not LvG, Rafa please. Although I did hear a while ago that we were looking at Antonio Conte of Juventus, who seems curiously under-rated and ignored by the big boys, if that United 'hit-list' Gutter Boy linked up there is to be believed. If we were, and if he's interested (both somewhat unlikely), then securing him should be our priority, above even Rafa and LvG. He's restored Juve's dominance in Serie A, and his team is famous for its work ethic, relentless pressing and lightning-fast attacking football. He seems perfect for the top job at either Barca or Madrid, to be honest, and it baffles me why he's not rated up there with Simeone, Ancelotti or LvG. Young too.

Back