• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Spurs manager mega-thread

who would it be?

• Jose Mourinho

Votes: 110 48.0%
  • Guus Hiddink

Votes: 29 12.7%
  • Louis Van Gaal

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • David Moyes

Votes: 20 8.7%
  • Brendan Rodgers

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • Alan Pardew

• Tim Owl Face Sherwood

• Fabio Capello

• Seb Bassong

• Sandra Redknapp

Votes: 15 6.6%

• Total voters
I have a feeling that a big club will go for someone like Brendan Rogers in the next few years. Could definitely see Arsenal going for him.

I could possibly see Mourinho leaving Madrid if he ever completes his mission of beating Barca in La Liga. I know he likes Spurs, but I think it's unlikely he would come to us. As much as I hate his Madrid team's style of play, I wouldn't want him to go to the scum because he would definitely improve them and make them a serious threat to win the title again.

I wouldn't say no to Brendan Rogers... Swansea play unbelievable football, given their resources... imagine THAT footballing philosophy, added to Bale, Modric, Huddlestone & Van der Vaart!

Mourhino would be a fudging circus, and destroy our football ethos in a heartbeat... 'cos you know we'd win doing it, and you know people would soon forget the 'Tottenham way' when counting their trophies... it's a conundrum alright!"

I wouldn't say no to Brendan Rogers... Swansea play unbelievable football, given their resources... imagine THAT footballing philosophy, added to Bale, Modric, Huddlestone & Van der Vaart!

Mourhino would be a fudging circus, and destroy our football ethos in a heartbeat... 'cos you know we'd win doing it, and you know people would soon forget the 'Tottenham way' when counting their trophies... it's a conundrum alright!"

I agree with the circus bit, even if the Madrid situation has amplified the controversy around him. But getting him to Spurs would be a massive statement. It would say that we can be a massive club, and no longer will be one of those PL who often flatter to deceive. Of course, Harry is doing a superb job and is the reason why we are where we are so I am very happy to see him continue. But if he does leave, for whatever reason (likely England), Mourhino would be the bets option. However, as people have said who knows what Arsenal, Pool, and even Utd might do. Both of the former will have good reason to push their managers upwards if this seasons continues as it has so far.

Oh and agree on Rogers. Incredible job he has done, would nevertheless be surprised if Levy went for him. He could though have a really massive managerial career because it really is something what he has done at Swansea.

Oh and agree on Rogers. Incredible job he has done, would nevertheless be surprised if Levy went for him. He could though have a really massive managerial career because it really is something what he has done at Swansea.

i read somewhere that a lot of Swansea's passing and move style is down to some of the coaches who have been around there since the day of Martinez and Paolo Sousa. That football philosophy has been developed over the years and Rodgers is not the brains and heart behind it. He has added the organisation and motivation to the place

so anyone who goes after Rodgers will have to pinch all the coaches too. If they dont, the poaching club will be in for a surprise

I have a massive, massive fear that Arsenal will snap him up

He would be perfect for them. The fans will be ecstatic (IMO), they'd get that pulling power after losing big name players and finally - someone to step into the arrogant culture created by Wenger and continue it (in his own way). Only thing I think that would stop it is if Wenger is moved into a technical director sort of role (can't see the goons just getting rid of him), not sure Mourinho would like having Wenger's influence still there (and no doubt interfering).

To be fair If we could attract him, which in the summer I think we can, Then you will see us win the league in next few years.

He is a tactical Genius, he can attract the worlds best players and can take current players to another level.

If we get him, forget worrying about selling Modric or Bale, they will be creaming there pants!

I think its going to happen, have done for a few years! Madrid will win La Liga and he will quit to come back to England, Harry will happily leave for England, knowing Spurs are in the best hands in the world.

This is no flash in the pan, we will be a top team for the next 10 years I believe!

To be fair If we could attract him, which in the summer I think we can, Then you will see us win the league in next few years.

He is a tactical Genius, he can attract the worlds best players and can take current players to another level.

If we get him, forget worrying about selling Modric or Bale, they will be creaming there pants!

I think its going to happen, have done for a few years! Madrid will win La Liga and he will quit to come back to England, Harry will happily leave for England, knowing Spurs are in the best hands in the world.

This is no flash in the pan, we will be a top team for the next 10 years I believe!
But could he do that at Spurs with our financial limitations compared to the other big clubs at the top of the league? Chelsea, Inter and Real all have finances way ahead of us in terms of being able to pay big transfer fees and big wages. Would a player who expects 150-200K per week accept 80-90K from us just because Mourhino was our manager?

True, although they're probably the richest club in Portugal , but you can't argue against his European success with them against teams with much bigger budgets.

Actually it reminds me of a quote from his first season in England with Chelsea, where Alex Ferguson had been in the press saying talking about how Chelsea might have a lot of money, but begin rich doesn't guarantee that you'll win. Moruhino responded "Yes, I know. His Man Utd side cost ten times as much as my Porto side, but we still won." :)

I was just wondering though, now that he's spent years at clubs where money was pretty much no object, would he want to go back to a club with much more limited financial pulling power? He may enjoy the challenge, and his ego would certainly love being the man to bring a major title to Tottenham again, but it's hard to give luxuries up once you get used to them. Although I do agree with nayim that with the quality of our squad, he wouldn't need to do a huge amount of tinkering.

It'd be interesting to see how it went, but I suspect it'll almost certainly only ever be hypothetical.

i read somewhere that a lot of Swansea's passing and move style is down to some of the coaches who have been around there since the day of Martinez and Paolo Sousa. That football philosophy has been developed over the years and Rodgers is not the brains and heart behind it. He has added the organisation and motivation to the place

so anyone who goes after Rodgers will have to pinch all the coaches too. If they dont, the poaching club will be in for a surprise

This is certainly what my brother always make sure to say to me. It is true that Swansea have been building for some years. Under Sousa it did regress somewhat, but yes the foundations certainly run deeper than Rodgers. But that said, there is no doubt that he has taken them to the next level. It was no given that he would build on those foundations in the way he did.

I hate seeing Mark Hughes as favourite, depressing. I looked at the list a couple of weeks ago to see what price Rodgers was and he wasn't even quoted, think he could be the dark horse.

Ancelotti is 2/1 favourite on Skybet and Mourinho is 4/1 favourite on Stan James.

If Harry leaves, then Jose has to be our number one target ....

To me it makes sense, the building of our new stadium and Jose Mourinho Tottenham Hotspur manager.

Back