• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Responsible journalists discover the rumour then chase down quotes before publishing.

Clickbait trash journos publish the rumour as is.

How quaint. Look, I agree, in a fair and just world, media would operate like this. But it doesn't, and hasn't, for too long.

Again, look for balance between the Golds and Pitt-Brookes versus the Romanos. I never even bother remembering a Romano missive.

Again, modern media does not work as media should. These are different times. And being lazy i.e. saying that without a quote the story is flimflam, plays into 'fake news rhetoric.' Sometimes it really IS legit news.

Reactions: DTA
I think it's lazy, irresponsible journalism. Whether or not there's any truth in what they've published doesn't make an iota of difference.

For what it's worth, I think City would love Kane but I doubt they've made a bid and I certainly don't think the press have a clue as to the size of any bid if one has been made.

They can print direct quotes without attributing them. If their source insists on being off the record then that is research, not a story. Once they get evidence or someone to speak on the record, then it's a story.

You really need to revise your use of the term 'journalist' because there are far fewer out there than you think versus content creators/writers.

Kane? There are channels looking to lay the narrative/soften the blows. Temperatures are deffo being taken and mouthpieces fed. IF we were interested, you would start to see a concrete figure circulated.

How quaint. Look, I agree, in a fair and just world, media would operate like this. But it doesn't, and hasn't, for too long.

Again, look for balance between the Golds and Pitt-Brookes versus the Romanos. I never even bother remembering a Romano missive.

Again, modern media does not work as media should. These are different times. And being lazy i.e. saying that without a quote the story is flimflam, plays into 'fake news rhetoric.' Sometimes it really IS legit news.
Being better than the worst is not the same as being good.

The best journalists still manage to achieve the basic minimum standards, there's no excuse for clickbaiters not to do the same.

So there have been no quotes on the Harry Kane City ‘bid’ this week. Do you believe that has been made up or just a ‘rumour’? Genuinely interested in your response here.

I think @thfcsteff has explained things pretty well in terms of how the media works - having worked in PR for quite some time - and how it’s often in a journalist’s interests to ‘protect’ their source by not quoting them or not have them go ‘on the record’.

These are sad times for proper reporters and journos. My area of it all has been built on faithful interviewing and not digging for cheap dirt. Sadly, many interlopers have flooded social media as 'reporters' when they are little more than informants or paid placement marketeers. For the few good people out there I think it is really important to avoid being thrown in the same bag.

These are sad times for proper reporters and journos. My area of it all has been built on faithful interviewing and not digging for cheap dirt. Sadly, many interlopers have flooded social media as 'reporters' when they are little more than informants or paid placement marketeers. For the few good people out there I think it is really important to avoid being thrown in the same bag.
By my area… can you elaborate as clearly you know something more than most of us on the media

You really need to revise your use of the term 'journalist' because there are far fewer out there than you think versus content creators/writers.

Kane? There are channels looking to lay the narrative/soften the blows. Temperatures are deffo being taken and mouthpieces fed. IF we were interested, you would start to see a concrete figure circulated.
I did use the term clickbait trash to separate them, but you're right - journalist is entirely the wrong term for them.

On a slightly related note, believing anything written by such clickbait trash mongers is naïve in the extreme.

Tbh attacking or defensive mean a lot less to me than boring or exciting. Possession football bores me to tears. I don't mind if the other team has more of the ball as long as when we get it we do something with it at pace.
Loved Harry’s side, although not the best, we were so direct (not in a long ball way but a forward moving way) teams hated playing us!

Tbh attacking or defensive mean a lot less to me than boring or exciting. Possession football bores me to tears. I don't mind if the other team has more of the ball as long as when we get it we do something with it at pace.
Pace is so so so important
It’s what hurt us a lot last season
We had to use Kane’s passing as an alternative route to get the ball forward
Son is fast
Reggie is fast
Rodon is I think
Beyond that…. Ain’t much pace in our team

Pace is so so so important
It’s what hurt us a lot last season
We had to use Kane’s passing as an alternative route to get the ball forward
Son is fast
Reggie is fast
Rodon is I think
Beyond that…. Ain’t much pace in our team

It's not even about how fast the players can run. It's about putting the ball in front of them to run onto. I'd rather we sit a little deeper leaving space to run into. Rather than pass it around outside their box waiting for an opportunity.

Back