• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

I can't believe people are targetting 5-7th place, thats the mentality we have. Yes there are 4 squads better than us but we should absilutely be starting the season aiming to be in the top 4 and doing all we can to get there. I hope the players have more optimism than this board or it's going to be a long season. Despite how poor we were last season we were technically (I agree not emotionally) in contention right up to the last few games. Look at how many late goals etc we conceded, definetly have a chance of getting in there especially if fans are allowed back.

Nobody's targeting 5th place. We all want to win the league. Just 5th place next season would be a realistic expectation.
If we were in contention up to the last few games so were west ham, leicester, arsenal and everton.

It doesn’t though as managers break contracts regularly (or they did)
And a quality manager is worth much more than a new signing. The right manager for example may be able to get the Hojdjberg, Tanguy, Lo Celso axis working

Managers might break contracts but if they join another club, their previous club is due compensation.

I can't believe people are targetting 5-7th place, thats the mentality we have. Yes there are 4 squads better than us but we should absilutely be starting the season aiming to be in the top 4 and doing all we can to get there. I hope the players have more optimism than this board or it's going to be a long season. Despite how poor we were last season we were technically (I agree not emotionally) in contention right up to the last few games. Look at how many late goals etc we conceded, definetly have a chance of getting in there especially if fans are allowed back.

In all the years I've followed Spurs weve played our best football with Nicholson, Burkinshaw, Pleat, Jol, Redknapp and Poch none I believe were league winners, Mourinho had the best record and some of the football was dire. It doesnt follow signing a BIG name gets you success or good football. I've never bought into buying the brand.

Managers might break contracts but if they join another club, their previous club is due compensation.
Yes of course
But that’s compensation is agree between the clubs
It’s based on contracts and durations
So for example potter would cost a maximum of £12m if he is on £3m a year with a 4 year contract left
That’s more than worth it for us to get a coach in who can increase the value of players

Yes of course
But that’s compensation is agree between the clubs
It’s based on contracts and durations
So for example potter would cost a maximum of £12m if he is on £3m a year with a 4 year contract left
That’s more than worth it for us to get a coach in who can increase the value of players

And if nuno can do the same without the £12m compensation. Why would we go for potter?
Nuno finished higher in the league than potter on a smaller budget. That was considered a bad season for nuno. The previous 2 they finished 7th.

And if nuno can do the same without the £12m compensation. Why would we go for potter?
Nuno finished higher in the league than potter on a smaller budget. That was considered a bad season for nuno. The previous 2 they finished 7th.
Potter is IMO a better coach and manager who started from further back than Nuno and finished just below him
I like Nuno but he should be at Everton IMO

Nobody's targeting 5th place. We all want to win the league. Just 5th place next season would be a realistic expectation.
If we were in contention up to the last few games so were west ham, leicester, arsenal and everton.

For me a realistic expectation is targetting and putting up a good fight for top 4, if we don't make it then fair enough but I expect us to aim for it and stop talking about 5th place being acceptable because it's not.

For me a realistic expectation is targetting and putting up a good fight for top 4, if we don't make it then fair enough but I expect us to aim for it and stop talking about 5th place being acceptable because it's not.

Nobody is aiming for 5th. We will aim to win every game we go into.

Yep
I think he is wrong
Like he was wrong at juve with his last manager choice

Pirlo had done well with the u23's so they promoted him. Juventus were making big loses and also had to cut the wage bill. So not sure pirlo was a choice more a convinience.

Lol he's going to get a brick reception whoever he appoints.

There's got to be a coach left somewhere in the world who is actually good and would have been fairly positively received. I think most people had reasoned that Fonseca would be curious but acceptable. Everything since has been absolute bottom of the barrel.

I'm not sure its about 'targeting' 5th-7th place, however for me the club is such a mess at the moment that there is probably more chance of us underperforming than outperforming. A stable club is more likely to outperform than an unstable club. We have the 5th or 6th best team in the PL at the moment and therefore I'd take 5th, maybe 6th, based on where we are today - obviously if we have a great window and stablise the club, then I might revisit that.

Back