• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Every one of these rumours regarding done deals has started with Romano, and been jumped on by gold in particular and retweeted as if its true.
Not trustworthy.
I've called him out so many times on twitter for spouting nonsense flimflam, he's blocked me now :D:D:D
fudging macaron, that's what he is.

Twitter gonad*s seems to be leaning back towards us tempting ETH again now. The big IF seems to be that he was all in before but we fobbed him off on 2 occasions lol.

GHod this is painful isn't it?

He is not going to listen.

Mate, I’ve said repeatedly that there are 3-4 sources that you can probably trust as having a line into the club. Not that they are in the room, but that they will have a confirm / deny kind of relationship with the club, or be told things that the club wants them to hear.

The argument then comes back to me that I’ve only believed Romano and he’s the one that starts everything. When people have to fabricate points of view in order to strengthen their own argument, it is clearly on shaky ground.

GHod this is painful isn't it?

Yes, as I've said before, out of the remaining plausible candidates, there doesnt seem to be a huge difference between them - all have some risks, but different risks

Speed and certainty is now an increasingly high priority. We need to be focussing on the gettable candidates now, rather than people who might take a few weeks to extract and might only have < 50% probability of actually landing them

Mate, I’ve said repeatedly that there are 3-4 sources that you can probably trust as having a line into the club. Not that they are in the room, but that they will have a confirm / deny kind of relationship with the club, or be told things that the club wants them to hear.
That's probably true.

But they're required to write an article and taco a handful of tweets every single day. When nothing's happening and/or the club aren't saying anything, they still have space to fill.

That's probably true.

But they're required to write an article and taco a handful of tweets every single day. When nothing's happening and/or the club aren't saying anything, they still have space to fill.

Ok……do you think the links to Fonseca were totally made up? Or Gattuso?

Because I don’t see anyone sensible getting worked up over anything other than strong links to people we seemed to be in deep discussion with. With your post, are you saying that you don’t believe we went deep with them, or will your answer be that we don’t know?

We just have to have been doing *something* in these last few months, right?

Because I don’t see anyone sensible getting worked up over anything other than strong links to people we seemed to be in deep discussion with. With your post, are you saying that you don’t believe we went deep with them, or will your answer be that we don’t know?

I think almost all of the links have been made up. That's how quoteless journalism works.

No…..just no. That wasn’t what was happening.

Yes, just yes.
Every one of these stories has started with Romano.
Gold is now just retweeting Romano and commenting on ffs.

And three journos repeating the same story is not various sources.

And then two days (actually being kind there, sometimes it hours) they contradict themselves.

Some of us have longer memories or attention spans of goldfish.

Romano is a rampant trumper. He repeats every rumour going and tries to pass other journalists stories off as his own.

Yes, just yes.
Every one of these stories has started with Romano.
Gold is now just retweeting Romano and commenting on ffs.

And three journos repeating the same story is not various sources.

And then two days (actually being kind there, sometimes it hours) they contradict themselves.

Some of us have longer memories or attention spans of goldfish.

Ok. Agree to disagree.

I think that it is possibly true that we had spoken to Gattuso after he left Fiorentina. I don't believe that he was lined up to be our next manager within hours. I suspect that Gattuso leaked to the Italian press and then Romano exaggerated the links. Journos here repeated what he had said because, as @scaramanga says, they have to file a story or two every day and don't have anything to write about

Back