• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

what did Poch achieve here then?
He took a team of player and improved them
He got us to some some finals which we lost (I know, I went to them)
He got sacked after 5 years. He wasn’t instantly picked up by another club. Maybe, just maybe the other clubs think he needs to learn more first. Win some trophies and do what he did at Spurs with an end product.

and where was it said he was an upgrade on Poch. I said he has a better record than Poch. That’s a fact. He has won more trophies. He actually has won trophies in 2 countries. The one horse league people talk about where he won most of them, the side were worse before and after he left. Again that’s factual
They won it under him so he must have done something right

Roma let him go as they had new owners, a new DOF (his 3rd) and they wanted a big name coach to help launch the profile of what is widely considered to be a mess.

Fonseca was rumoured to be on Madrid’s list only a few months back https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....2/paulo-fonseca-real-madrid-coach-zidane-roma

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/cultofcalcio.com/roma-coach-paulo-fonseca-on-real-madrid-and-benfica-radar/?amp=1
Thank you for informing me that you went to them, I went to them as well, I’m not really sure what that has to do with anything but hey ho.

what did Poch achieve here in terms of trophies, zilch, but just as you make a case for Fonz not being kept on at Roma, there is a far stronger ( albeit still subjective) case for Poch overachieving at Spurs? Are you really disputing this.

It’s impossible to have a truly objective stance on this because Poch and the Fonz have never competed directly against each other, you think that the Fonz’s successes in Portugal and Ukraine which includes a super cup win for Portugal’s most successful club plus league wins with Ukraine’s richest( as far as I’m aware) club count for more than Poch’s achievements with Spurs and his two trophies in less than a season with PSG ( because they are financially doped). Again that reason demeans Poch’s trophy haul but doesn’t seem to count against the Fonz when he’s won a trophy with Porto or trophies with Donetesk. In fact they were runners up the year before he left and were champions the season after he left, so yes you could argue marginally worse before he arrived, though they had won it the season before that and their previous manager Lucescu had been there since 2004 and really started Donetsk’s domination and as I said they won the league the year after he left so it’s not like they suddenly got worse the year after he left. I think that’s a tad exaggerated on your part.
Regardless this is a subjective point, you think his record is better than Poch’s based on trophies won in Portugal and Ukraine, the majority with the strongest and richest sides in their respective leagues whilst calling out Poch’s trophies as financially doped. I don’t, I think Poch has a far superior record.

however the true test will be that if the Fonz is appointed, he will have the chance to outdo Poch’s achievements under the same constraints probably that Poch had, I sincerely hope he succeeds but I really don’t see it I’m afraid, his record doesn’t inspire me and then of course we have our financial constraints and misguided( in my opinion) strategy of our owners

Poch pretty much created that out of nothing. It's not like he inherited a "hungry young dynamic" side. There are plenty of big talents on our books (Skipp, Parrott, Scarlett, Devine, Sessegnon etc), and if The Fonz manages to integrate them into the side - who knows. I think he's got the potential to be exactly what we need - but time will tell.

The alternative would have course be to sell the club, get some oil money drenched oligarchs in and splash cash on say a Conte and a completely new starting XI.

I think there’s a massive shade of grey between the black and white scenarios of developing young talent and building the club that way or getting an ogliarch in. I accept it’s tough with the Cities and Chelsea’s of this world but it’s not an either or scenario.

I have one real immediate requirement of the coach whomever that is.

Banish Sissoko to the U16s, actually that will be bad for their development. Just sell him, give him away do whatever it takes to get him out and the new manager will forever have me as a dedicated cult member.

No you are wrong, i have no idea if they have or not as there is no conclusive proof one way or the other. You on the other hand have written War and Peace posts on all the things ( you think) they have done .

Your opinion that they may not have done it is no more likely than my opinion that they probably did it.

Where has that come from? Sounds a bit unusual.

His assistant has been with him since starting out in small clubs in Portugal. He's posted on social media so its all out in the open. Guess the assistant wants to forge his own career as a manager now.

His assistant has been with him since starting out in small clubs in Portugal. He's posted on social media so its all out in the open. Guess the assistant wants to forge his own career as a manager now.

That makes it even more a risky appointment

I watched that to the end.

He must be happy to get JM as he doesn't seem to regret one bit losing Fonseca ... Mentioned that Spurs Fans should be happy even though Fons is not Tier 1

all that while Roma didn't really do well in the league and cups despite playing nice football....maybe he thinks we are OK with just that. (possibly the reason why we are tripping up over ourselves here too... Different expectations)
This is great. He's waxing lyrical about him, and putting all of our doubts into context. Highgly recommend everyone to see/hear it. I'm getting quite excited. :D

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I watched that to the end.

He must be happy to get JM as he doesn't seem to regret one bit losing Fonseca ... Mentioned that Spurs Fans should be happy even though Fons is not Tier 1

all that while Roma didn't really do well in the league and cups despite playing nice football....maybe he thinks we are OK with just that. (possibly the reason why we are tripping up over ourselves here too... Different expectations)

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Yeah that was close to my take as well, he didn't hate on him, but didn't seem in anyway upset he was gone.

Back