• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Conte would be a statement that we want to win things. Glad he didn't just come to try like JM.

We all know now that Levy can't stomach what it takes to win. And we should be clear that whoever comes in that's the situation.
I guess 30% chance he'll be the next Poch, 70% he'll be the next Marcos Silva.

I'm still happier than if it was Conte though.

Sent from my SM-G998B using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

If nothing else this is brave from Levy. If this coach is an unmitigated success, then he has been plucked from relative obscurity from the expectations of who we have been linked with in the media. But if it is a failure I think big questions will be asked about his judgement as I feel most of the previous appointments had a logic / track record to justify them.

my immediate sentiment is I’d have been more positive about it if it was done earlier, which would indicate the coach was the outstanding candidate. It feels like he is a cheaper potentially more subservient option than the other names we were linked with and I’m not sure he has a track record of taking a team beyond expectations?
Similarly to the DoF, was this hire taking place before or after the new manager recruitment drive and what is it about his track record that makes him seem like a good fit for us?

On paper we’ve taken a DoF from the perennial winners in serie A, who dropped like a stone last season after hiring a manager with no experience and a manager sacked for failing to get a team that had been around the top 3 for finishing 7th and capitulating in a semi final!

I don’t really follow Italian football that closely but what would the expectations have been for Roma last season? Was he sacked for political reasons rather than performances?
Expectations are always high there
But like us…. You need stability and structure which they never have
The team that finished above ten have just lost their manager to Inter

If nothing else this is brave from Levy. If this coach is an unmitigated success, then he has been plucked from relative obscurity from the expectations of who we have been linked with in the media. But if it is a failure I think big questions will be asked about his judgement as I feel most of the previous appointments had a logic / track record to justify them.

my immediate sentiment is I’d have been more positive about it if it was done earlier, which would indicate the coach was the outstanding candidate. It feels like he is a cheaper potentially more subservient option than the other names we were linked with and I’m not sure he has a track record of taking a team beyond expectations?
Similarly to the DoF, was this hire taking place before or after the new manager recruitment drive and what is it about his track record that makes him seem like a good fit for us?

On paper we’ve taken a DoF from the perennial winners in serie A, who dropped like a stone last season after hiring a manager with no experience and a manager sacked for failing to get a team that had been around the top 3 for finishing 7th and capitulating in a semi final!

This is the dof's choice of head coach. If it was done earlier it wouldn't have been. At least paratici thinks he can work with him.

My initial thought on both appointments is that I’m underwhelmed. As others have posted, both feel a bit of an odd fit and I would’ve rather gone for a Rangnick - racist comments notwithstanding! - or Campos / Ten Haag double act. But, I’m willing to get behind both and see what they can do before casting judgment.

Yes, Pirlo was an ill-judged hire, but everyone is entitled to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them … Ahem… Levy…

I saw most of the second leg against Utd and Roma cut them apart at will, it was quite a sight to see. We’ll definitely enjoy the football a lot more next year, if they’re both able to mould the squad to their bidding and get rid of those wastrels that flip flop on their set of moans depending on the manager. The bit about playing out from the keeper is a bit troubling mind, nothing could go wrong there.

Oh well, I’m fed up with being depressed about Spurs, nothing can be as bad as that last season… can it?! … so let’s see how they go eh?

This is the dof's choice of head coach. If it was done earlier it wouldn't have been. At least paratici thinks he can work with him.
This is why it all feels like a bit of a wild last swing from Levy. Failed to convince the level of manager he wanted, said sod this I’ll get a football man in, decides the best person to make the decision to hire Pirlo and subsequently saw a team drop from always finishing 1st to 4th.
I hope it’s a master stroke but it just feels risky at a time when we feel in a vulnerable position. I will be more positive if we see some liquidity and logic in our transfer dealings and I do look forward to seeing a pattern of play although I’m not sure Fonseca has a rep for improving poor defences?

My initial thought on both appointments is that I’m underwhelmed. As others have posted, both feel a bit of an odd fit and I would’ve rather gone for a Rangnick - racist comments notwithstanding! - or Campos / Ten Haag double act. But, I’m willing to get behind both and see what they can do before casting judgment.

Yes, Pirlo was an ill-judged hire, but everyone is entitled to make mistakes, as long as you learn from them … Ahem… Levy…

I saw most of the second leg against Utd and Roma cut them apart at will, it was quite a sight to see. We’ll definitely enjoy the football a lot more next year, if they’re both able to mould the squad to their bidding and get rid of those wastrels that flip flop on their set of moans depending on the manager. The bit about playing out from the keeper is a bit troubling mind, nothing could go wrong there.

Oh well, I’m fed up with being depressed about Spurs, nothing can be as bad as that last season… can it?! … so let’s see how they go eh?

Nothing can be as bad as last season? Some fans have short memories.

This is why it all feels like a bit of a wild last swing from Levy. Failed to convince the level of manager he wanted, said sod this I’ll get a football man in, decides the best person to make the decision to hire Pirlo and subsequently saw a team drop from always finishing 1st to 4th.
I hope it’s a master stroke but it just feels risky at a time when we feel in a vulnerable position. I will be more positive if we see some liquidity and logic in our transfer dealings and I do look forward to seeing a pattern of play although I’m not sure Fonseca has a rep for improving poor defences?

No i think levy has just decided that the team/club just needs a total overhaul. Brings in a guy who won 9 league titles with juve to oversee it.

Nothing can be as bad as last season? I think that I am a better football fan than the rest of you have short memories.
In the recent past I meant. Obviously there’s been terrible times before then, but I’ve conveniently banished them from my memory!

Extremely brave of Levy. Both appointments are out of left field, they buy zero good will with fans who really do look like they are starting to revolt for the first time in his tenure.

Not only do they have to work, they have to show results early, otherwise the atmosphere will turn toxic really fast, and it's really hard to turn it around from there. And if that happens, the Levy out stuff would be amplified to Mike Ashley levels.

No i think levy has just decided that the team/club just needs a total overhaul. Brings in a guy who won 9 league titles with juve to oversee it.

9 league titles as a number 2. He appointed Pirlo as manager and saw then finish where as a number 1?

Back