• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

He has 9 trophies, managed in multiple leagues, has managed both Europa and CL sides including some notable victories over City & Ajax

He is young, apparently plays attractive football and willing to use young players

Here's the truth, most of us don't know anything near enough about most managers outside the PL, the reaction here is because it's not a name that the media told people is a good/ambitious one.

Like I said earlier in this thread, where was the underwhelming flimflam talk for Ole/Lampard/Arteta? This fudging guy has way more qualifications than any of those fudging pretenders.

I think this is absolutely true. Wise words.

That is true for most managers isn't it?
Poch couldn't work with the players aroundd the time and after the CL final.
I hope people realise that if it is in fact ETH that only certain type of players fit his system. He is not going to turn Son into a a 1 touch world class passer, a lot of our players in our squad do not fit that mould. He either has to fudge off players who are not technically very good or he is gone within 12 months.

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He has 9 trophies, managed in multiple leagues, has managed both Europa and CL sides including some notable victories over City & Ajax

I think they are all, with the exception of one, in Ukraine.

I'm sure there's some bloke out there who's won the Bhutanese First Division 20 times in a row. Surely he's more than qualified to manage Spurs on that evidence!

He is young, apparently plays attractive football and willing to use young players

A) we have zero young players of note outside of Tanganga and Skipp. Parott hasn't made it, Scarlett and Devine are literal teenagers. Why this 'he works with youngsters' thing is so attractive is beyond me given that our squad has been filled with old codgers for a very long yime.

B) all that also applies to Eddie Howe. I take it you wouldn't be in favour of that appointment, though.

Here's the truth, most of us don't know anything near enough about most managers outside the PL, the reaction here is because it's not a name that the media told people is a good/ambitious one.

The guy was tossed by Roma after two seasons, finishing 7th and shipping six goals to Ole Gunnar f*cking Solskjaer as he was booted out the door...in favour of the man we fired for being atrocious. That's how bad Fonseca is - he was replaced by Jose f*cking Mourinho.

I suspect a good deal of disappointment is warranted if (if) this guy turns out to be our new Christian Gross of a coach.

Like I said earlier in this thread, where was the underwhelming flimflam talk for Ole/Lampard/Arteta? This fudging guy has way more qualifications than any of those fudging pretenders.

They were all underwhelming, and loads of people said so, directly, to their faces even.

This guy is in that exact category of underwhelming cheap bargain bin punt. Except he doesn't even have the 'club legend' thing to fall back on.

I think they are all, with the exception of one, in Ukraine.

I'm sure there's some bloke out there who's won the Bhutanese First Division 20 times in a row. Surely he's more than qualified to manage Spurs on that evidence!

A) we have zero young players of note outside of Tanganga and Skipp. Parott hasn't made it, Scarlett and Devine are literal teenagers. Why this 'he works with youngsters' thing is so attractive is beyond me given that our squad has been filled with old codgers for a very long yime.

B) all that also applies to Eddie Howe. I take it you wouldn't be in favour of that appointment, though.

The guy was tossed by Roma after two seasons, finishing 7th and shipping six goals to Ole Gunnar f*cking Solskjaer as he was booted out the door...in favour of the man we fired for being atrocious. That's how bad Fonseca is - he was replaced by Jose f*cking Mourinho.

I suspect a good deal of disappointment is warranted if (if) this guy turns out to be our new Christian Gross of a coach.

They were all underwhelming, and loads of people said so, directly, to their faces even.

This guy is in that exact category of underwhelming cheap bargain bin punt. Except he doesn't even have the 'club legend' thing to fall back on.

Oh, my. Spurs have hurt you, haven't they? Oh, the brutes.

Just look at the scar tissue on display in that post. Why not take a therapeutic few weeks off from watching and wondering and contemplating all things Spurs and organize a cheese wheel roll down the slopes of the nearby ski hills at Edelweiss or Camp Fortune? Maybe you'll bump your head and forget about all the bad things Spurs have done to you and your psyche.

I completely agree with this.

I will say, I think sacking Poch to arrive at this point is just…it was a mistake.

But since we’re here, with our constraints, squad and situation with everything else, it feels like a smarter appointment. I’d like us to be the club that attracts and backs Conte, but we just aren’t. So considering where we’re at, I quite like this.

I’d need to read a lot more into him. But someone that plays attacking football. Someone that uses young players. It’s what we need to make a push for the top 4. The fact is I don’t think any of us really know enough about what was happening above him at Roma to know whether he was good enough or not, in the same way we don’t know everything about what Paratici was asked to do to know if he is a really good shout for us either.

I think we need to see how this plays out. It’s a fine appointment given our situation, and I completely agree there is no way Lampard or OGS should be seen as better just because they were names.

I do think this means we are lucky if we get another year out of Kane, and I think we are really committing to being a club with lesser finances, using youth. It probably means a title is far off, but we’re doing what we need to do to probably give us a chance of CL. But we are where we are. Short of getting new owners, I think we need to do what makes sense for our club. Trying to sign bigger names managers and assuming they are miracle workers is lazy and won’t work. Being strategically aligned, trusting a DOF, these are the things I want to see our club doing. If we do it, we have a chance.

It is funny how many people have openly admitted they know nothing about him and yet go on to criticise the appointment. And comparisons to Christian Gross? He came from Roma, it says more about you if you have no idea who he is. So what if Man U spanked them? I remember under Poch a few results like that, it happens. He feels like a better fit to our profile than Conte, and having watched Roma a few times under him he definitely plays attacking football which id be looking forward to. Good thing is it appears whilst no official announcements have been made we have our DoF in place and already getting in his man to manage us, and seems transfer targets are also under way too. Makes me feel more positive, even if the masses want to have a whinge. Some of the best PL appointments have been lower profile names let’s not forget….

I'm happy enough to go with Fonseca. He appears to be the profile of manager that best suits us. Not a massive name that requires extensive funding (Mourinho, Conte) but instead someone on the up who has a reputation for developing younger players. We absolutely need a coach who develops players as well as has a set system that they want to play. Fonseca to my knowledge is that.

I don't know extensive amounts but his name and teams are ones that have been on the peripheral of my vision in regards to up and coming progressive coaches. Given the new DOF comes from the same league as his last club, the hope is that they have a good understanding of each other capabilities.

I was happy to try Potter out for the same reason, a development coach is what our model requires.

Why ever not? Is he proving that with a string of poor decisions and ill-forged personal relationships with colleagues at Tottenham over a series of months?
Because he was not exactly pulling up trees at Juve . Do believe he appointed Pirlo which was disaster. Also the transfers he’s made are not in the ball park we operate in.

If we appoint this manager that will be disaster straight of the bat.

Because he was not exactly pulling up trees at Juve . Do believe he appointed Pirlo which was disaster. Also the transfers he’s made are not in the ball park we operate in.

If we appoint this manager that will be disaster straight of the bat.

It's impossible to judge DoFs from outside. All you do when forming an instant opinion on someone you know nothing about is show your prejudices

It's impossible to judge DoFs from outside. All you do when forming an instant opinion on someone you know nothing about is show your prejudices

Maybe . This is very underwhelming . Looks like there is no plan.

So yes you are correct I should not form an instant opinion but time will tell.
And I think it will be a disaster. Levy will be back in charge of footballing matters before we know it .

I’ve calmed down overnight and am on board with Fonz and Patsie, should they be appointed, until they actually jump the shark. All appointments are a roll of the dice. Transfer window business is probably much more important, and at least it will presumably have some strategy behind it. And there are no sinister super-agent agendas at play.

There is no plan.

FIFY.

Certainly has the appearance from the outside of another appointment by Levy which is primarily a reaction to the previous one: i.e. outspoken bloke who has bags of experience winning the games biggest trophies at the world’s best known clubs is replaced by low-profile bloke who isn’t very well known, and who has operated for the majority of his career in football’s backwaters.

Last edited:
Maybe . Last 18 months of appointment errors and this is very underwhelming . Looks like there is no plan.
The plan was to get in a DoF and a manager that fits the profile Levy wanted. Because we chose not to rush and speak to several potentials for both roles before making a final decision doesn’t mean there was no plan and you really know nothing about Levy if you think he doesn’t have a plan- of course whether that is the right plan or not is always open to discussion. In football things change quickly and plans have to be altered accordingly….

I think you can determine a level of 'fit' based on their experience. Paratici was at Juve - a club with a huge name, history and reputation and pulling power for players. He mainly signed players who were in their prime, using that reputation. He might be great at that, but we need to be signing a different type of player - younger, cheaper, with potential, lower wages. Of course, he might still be able to do that, but his experience hasnt been in that area it seems.

Its similar to Conte - won loads everywhere, but the 'fit' with SPurs was questionnable given the available funds for transfers. Ditto Jose

No idea if Fonseca will be brilliant or brick.

What I will say is he clearly was never even in the running previously which smacks of a club "which will put football at its heart" as absolute flimflam in terms of planning post Jose.

We put all our eggs in the Naglesmann basket which shows a level of delusion from levy unparalleled to think we could simply pick the brightest young coach in Europe without a bigger fish going for him AND not have a Plan B in place.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

We wanted a rebuild. I think we're going to get it. A big one. Next season is going to be a transitional one. The likes of conte don't do rebuilds or transitional seasons.

Never heard of him but like everyone they should be supported and given a fair chance.

Based on what I've read he seems to fit the profile people always talk about - young, modern tactical thinker playing progressing football with quick transitions etc.

I know it's not a last chance for Levy but ordinarily it should be because if this doesnt work and having gone from a CL final and finishing 2nd in the league to potentially falling into mid table if this doesn't work with our best player leaving isn't a good look at all.

Back