• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Beppe Marotta was the impressive guy at Juve. The squad has completely disintegrated since Paratici took over, hence why he was let go. While Marotta went on to build Conte's league winning side at Inter. Paratici is the Rebrov of the partnership

Well he would be replacing the Krusty the clown in the current set up. ... an improvement all around i would say.

It’s too soon for Poch as far as I’m concerned. Conte I like - although Levy is going to have to change his MO if there’s a chance of it working.

I agree with BoL; there will be a few in the squad who won’t know what’s hit them. And that would be a good thing imo.

Bit disappointed with the prospect of Conte after the Poch talk. Think Conte is a top manager but he's not Poch. I also have concerns around how he fits with Levy's end of season statement and how we operate as a club. But compared to some of the names being mentioned, he's streets ahead and if Poch hadn't been mentioned, I'd probably be very happy with Conte.

If he comes, he has my full support anyway.
The positive with Conte, other than him being a genuine candidate for any club in European football with winning titles at different clubs is you’d think he would only come with some assurances on the squad overhaul, with both ins and outs.
Poch is the romantic choice but it might still be better for him to have a couple of years at another club to see him get them over the winning the line and how he operates in the transfer market. One of the question marks for me is how much responsibility he has for the players we brought in to replace the ones he inherited.

Its quite easy to be the biggest club in a league when there's nobody else with the same funding, or size. They are only bigger because they are the team in France that has had the most money invested in it by something crazy like 2000%.
Well according to the FORBEs list their a whole 1 place above us despite all their financial doping and years of success

The positive with Conte, other than him being a genuine candidate for any club in European football with winning titles at different clubs is you’d think he would only come with some assurances on the squad overhaul, with both ins and outs.
Poch is the romantic choice but it might still be better for him to have a couple of years at another club to see him get them over the winning the line and how he operates in the transfer market. One of the question marks for me is how much responsibility he has for the players we brought in to replace the ones he inherited.

I know you're probably right but I still want Poch back. Ah f**k it, I'm just as emotional and crazy as him but not nearly as successful. I'm off to cut up some lemons...

Conte is a psychopath ... its exactly what we need ... a raving lunatic to bring some order.

Be fascinating to see it, as would bielsa. Just think either wouldn't last long. In less than a year we'd be starting a new thread.

Poch and levy know each other. In a year or so funds would be more healthy and we might be able to go that extra step.

Or maybe levy and lewis have decided now is the time we need to push on. We got the £250m loan, yes the government need to be paid (next march at least). Most team are on the rocks, ready to do deals they might not have before. Kane stays, or goes.
Or levy decides to cut expenses.

This all could go either way.

I think it would very likely go the way of Clough at Leeds. I'm not sure he'd even last though pre-season

Lol if he makes it during his interview and negotiates his wages and terms ... Levy will not flog him quickly ... i think he will catch Levy out and will not be scared to go in like a mad hatter and speak his mind. Levy perhaps needs a strong manager to tell him how it is.

the longer this drags on the more i question levy and his lackeys ability to handle the playing side of things

What just on this point? Levy doesn't act quick enough to help the team. When he does have an input for matters on the pitch its usually detrimental.

Lets be honest Jol or Pochettino were not his first choice and got a little lucky the way things unfolded. Our transfers since he started have been a travesty with a few shining lights.

The point made that all journos briefed at same time is interesting. Feels like a final effort to flush out Poch.

It seems completely aimed at PSG. Hopefully this is the endgame now and another day or two and Poch will be unveiled.

Lol if he makes it during his interview and negotiates his wages and terms ... Levy will not flog him quickly ... i think he will catch Levy out and will not be scared to go in like a mad hatter and speak his mind. Levy perhaps needs a strong manager to tell him how it is.

As soon as he realised the situation (constraints) he would walk out, being careful to lob damaging grenades everywhere

It seems completely aimed at PSG. Hopefully this is the endgame now and another day or two and Poch will be unveiled.

As soon as he realised the situation (constraints) he would walk out, being careful to lob damaging grenades everywhere

Has he got a history of doing this? Not really. But will he speak his mind ... most probably. Better than having a spineless manager who doesn't care enough to say it as we all see it.

Conte is cut from the wrong cloth for what the club want - he's not going to be a warm and cuddly ambassador, he's going to put the bricks up players, work them half to death and insist on substantial spending.

Sky reports he wants more money than we are offering is laughable when we've just employed Mourinho.

I'm calling flimflam on the whole thing.

by the way if I was an admin on this site again these ludicrous word - swaps would so be deleted. Flimflam?????

Back