• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Jol was not reactionary. He was brought in to eventually take over from santini. We just didn't realise santini would jump ship so soon. Jol although lacking experience was held in very high esteem. Especially by arnesen.
Hoddle wasn't reactionary either. Although hard on the eye graham wasn't actually doing that bad (considering where we were at the time). Levy just wanted to bring hoddle in to cheer the fans up and hopefully push on.

Of course we will never know the in's and out's. However, I'm sure Santini was appointed and was expected to be in role for far longer than he was. Therefore, Jol taking over when he did was a reaction to an unexpected event. It's funny that Santini's appointment followed a 9 month process from Levy (Hoddle had been sacked in September 2003)...so it took 9 months to appoint a manager who lasted for half of that time!

That Jol provided a seamless transition was a perfect vindication of having a Director of Football.

Of course we will never know the in's and out's. However, I'm sure Santini was appointed and was expected to be in role for far longer than he was. Therefore, Jol taking over when he did was a reaction to an unexpected event. It's funny that Santini's appointment followed a 9 month process from Levy (Hoddle had been sacked in September 2003)...so it took 9 months to appoint a manager who lasted for half of that time!

That Jol provided a seamless transition was a perfect vindication of having a Director of Football.

Taking 9 months to come up with the name Jacques Santini was quite an achievement!
Though in fairness Levy did appoint Arnesen at the same time which ultimately saved our skin.

Under ENIC 9 permanent managers have been appointed (though I have included Sherwood who was given an 18-month contract but we all suspected it was a glorified Caretaker appointment).

Three have been Summer (off-season) changes - Santini, AVB and Poch.

The other six have, have been mid-season appointments (Hoddle, Jol, Ramos, Redknapp, Sherwood, Mourinho)....all bar Ramos these have been reactionary.

Of those 9 I think we'd all say that only 3 have been successes - Jol, Redknapp and Poch. I think Levy got lucky with the first two - they both provided some sustained success that was beyond the initial expectation. I'd go as far to say that Jol's appointment was solely down to Arnesen.

That doesn't give me a great deal of faith in Levy's appointments and perhaps this should be extended further to the environment that he creates for managers once in position.

I wonder what will be different this time around?
There won't be a difference - as I have said before, unless Levy changes his transfer tactics every Manager will ultimately fail and be sacked. He needs to be prepared to let some players go at less than his valuation and be much quicker negotiating incoming deals. I am not optimistic :(

Zidane is not planning a break apparently and with the juve job gone he is now the perfect pick for psg.

Expect poch to us, zidane to psg and conte to madrid once psg are done sticking their chests out and boring everyone.

Jack Pitt-Brooke on the Totally Football Show saying less than 50% chance of Poch returning if he had to put a % on it.

Don't fudging do this to me Levy.

Zidane is not planning a break apparently and with the juve job gone he is now the perfect pick for psg.

Expect poch to us, zidane to psg and conte to madrid once psg are done sticking their chests out and boring everyone.

Zidane and Conte are mates from their playing days, so their synchronised resignations seem too much of a coincidence for there not to be a plan at work

He was a bad fit for us. Bringing in a DoF of Arnesen's quality is pointless unless you follow their advice

You would have thought Santini was advised about Arnesen before he committed. But he wasn't just "a name" he was highly regarded at the time of his appointment.

If the media stories are true that Poch is not wildly happy at PSG, I will be amazed if he does not return. First, he has had a go at seeing if the grass is always greener and might now feel that it isn't. Second, his family are still in England, his son is at Watford and Poch is living in a hotel. He's not short of a few bob so if PSG won't release him from his contract he can afford to resign with Spurs indemnifying him against any loss.

So if he does not return I will be forced to conclude that the media stories have been pure invention as argued by the wily Boy Hotspur.

Jack Pitt-Brooke on the Totally Football Show saying less than 50% chance of Poch returning if he had to put a % on it.

Don't fudging do this to me Levy.

Oh the backlash on Levy when this doesn't happen is going to be ridiculous, I do feel sorry for the guy sometimes, here is a perfect example of the club saying nothing and a load of talking heads, internet ITK's and supporters putting together a fantasy and then like a bunch of entitled 12 years olds (I accept that the ITK's are probably 12 years old) going off the deep end when we get BFG and not the 2nd coming that we were expecting.

Saying that, I still would luv it, luv it I say, if he came back (I'm just not going to blame Levy if he doesn't)

So if he does not return I will be forced to conclude that the media stories have been pure invention as argued by the wily Boy Hotspur.

I don't know if he is popular or not on here but The Boy Hotspur talks alot of sense on this subject.

I personally cannot see Poch returning. It would be an act of desperation from Levy and potential career suicide by Poch.

That was yesterday morning though, hopefully things have moved on a bit since then.

Sorry yes, good point, only listening this morning.

Hopefully it's up at 51% by now :D

Oh the backlash on Levy when this doesn't happen is going to be ridiculous, I do feel sorry for the guy sometimes, here is a perfect example of the club saying nothing and a load of talking heads, internet ITK's and supporters putting together a fantasy and then like a bunch of entitled 12 years olds (I accept that the ITK's are probably 12 years old) going off the deep end when we get BFG and not the 2nd coming that we were expecting.

Saying that, I still would luv it, luv it I say, if he came back (I'm just not going to blame Levy if he doesn't)

Same, bit tongue in cheek mentioning Levy on my part but I am hopeful the fact the BBC are running the story etc means it has legs. Bring him home you bald c*nt!

I don't know if he is popular or not on here but The Boy Hotspur talks alot of sense on this subject.

I personally cannot see Poch returning. It would be an act of desperation from Levy and potential career suicide by Poch.

Hadn't read boy Hotspur before, gave up after 1 and half "articles".
Talk about negative.

I agree it’s unlikely to get Poch back right now but it doesn’t hurt to ask the question. I’m nowhere near as knowledgeable as others on here appear to be when it comes to who are the sources to believe etc but from everything I’ve read, I would say Ten Hag is the most likely and probably make the most sense too....

... I don't know if it's the same bloke or not, I've only just stumbled across him.

It's him yes, bloke is a c*nt, just my opinion of course.

Also, as a member of GG since 2003 I owe my Spurs blogging loyalties to Spooky, don't know if it's still ongoing but they've had a bit of a "feud" that's been rather fun to watch.

Back