• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Why do people feel the need to rule out managers because they have a personal dislike for them.

Whether it be brendan rodgers or steven gerrard we couldnt give a flying fudge if you have some sad pathetic personal dislike for them.

We are discussing potential candidates to take this club forward, what doesnt help or offer anything positive towards that goal is these ridiculous remarks like ‘‘no way I hate the clam’’.

Grow up ffs.

I think it's very important the main public face of our club is someone with integrity and who is likeable. Poch was our best manager since Burkinshaw not just because of what he did on the pitch, but because he made the whole fan base proud and united (for once) through the strength of his warm personality. Jol did similar.

My only issue with Graham Potter is that I don't think his appointment will convince Kane etc to stay - it will be a rebuild.

I don't want a manager to be able to convince Kane to stay because of who he is. I want him to convince him to stay because of what he is. The first meeting, training session, month etc. should determine that.

Lloris has spoken several times about his first meeting with Poch and how he knew his career and life would be intrinsically bound to him from that point onwards. If Potter's personality includes that power to win hearts and mind (I have no idea if he does), then he has that power.

Good to have you back on the forum mate. Seems like you had a hiatus?

Good to be back! Honestly I had forgotten my password, and it coincided with a pretty dreadful last year or so. I just wasn’t as engaged.

I’m now more engaged because I think the club is at a serious inflection point, new manager, ESL, THST vs Board... I want to be among the conversation because I’m concerned with the direction the club is taking.

I don't want a manager to be able to convince Kane to stay because of who he is. I want him to convince him to stay because of what he is. The first meeting, training session, month etc. should determine that.

Lloris has spoken several times about his first meeting with Poch and how he knew his career and life would be intrinsically bound to him from that point onwards. If Potter's personality includes that power to win hearts and mind (I have no idea if he does), then he has that power.

It’s a good point. Also Jose and Kane - it didn’t work but clearly Kane was right behind him the whole way. It’s not about convincing someone to stay as much as it about having a player or the whole group feeling fully engaged and inspired towards their very best performance. Kane will always put a shift in if he stays, but we want him thinking the club is going somewhere to unlock everything he can give us.

I hate Liverpool over all.
Then Chelsea.
Then utd.
Why?
Because growing up (late 70s) those were the opposition fans I was exposed to, most of the guys I grew up with had Liverpool as their second team and mocked us (me) endlessly.
Never knew an arsenal fan until probably mid 90s,most I've met have been decent enough.

very similar, all dippers where I grew up, in Essex, which is pretty much as far from Liverpool as you can get on the UK mainland, a couple of Spurs fans, a couple of Arsenal fans, who were fine because they didn't ever talk about football or have any interest in it, 1 singular Chelsea fan, who was fine as they were in Div 2, I don't remember any United fans until they started winning leagues

and it's always that never walk alone greatest club in the world, greatest stadium in the world gonad*s despite their success being based upon violence and time wasting alongside their predilection for harbouring racists

You'd have to imagine if we had a season where our manager didn't earn himself the sack we'd be doing somewhat better than we have been, right? So where does that put us? 5 points better off? More?? In that instance would we be sitting here saying the squad is pony or would we be saying we need to improve a few positions and strengthen where possible - as is usually the case season to season?

Sure, if we were 10, 15 or more points better off this season due to our players actually performing better on the pitch then of course my view would be different as the players would have proved that they have it in them to turn it around. But for 3 seasons unders 2 different managers they (with a few obvious exceptions) have been poor. Whether it is a lack of or waning talent, poor attitude or a combination of both there has to be some blame laid on them. It can't all be down to the manager, whoever it is.

Of course I realise that my comments will look rather foolish in about 3 hours time after we've smashed Sheff Utd playing exhilarating attacking football. And there's nothing that would please me more.

very similar, all dippers where I grew up, in Essex, which is pretty much as far from Liverpool as you can get on the UK mainland, a couple of Spurs fans, a couple of Arsenal fans, who were fine because they didn't ever talk about football or have any interest in it, 1 singular Chelsea fan, who was fine as they were in Div 2, I don't remember any United fans until they started winning leagues

and it's always that never walk alone greatest club in the world, greatest stadium in the world gonad*s despite their success being based upon violence and time wasting alongside their predilection for harbouring racists
I hate the 3 London clubs the most because 1) I have grown up in South London around nasty, racist Chelsea fans 2) They have had a major hand in our failures over the last 20 years. 3) Their fans especially bluescum and Wetspam hate us with a passion unreserved for other club fans. They rejoice in every failure we have had

I hate the 3 London clubs the most because 1) I have grown up in South London around nasty, racist Chelsea fans 2) They have had a major hand in our failures over the last 20 years. 3) Their fans especially bluescum and Wetspam hate us with a passion unreserved for other club fans. They rejoice in every failure we have had

Thats cool, we all have our own enemies, what's important is that you decide who they are for yourself.

I am genuinely a friend of the girlfriend of a squad player and he has apparently alienated a few players. My friend's fella especially, you then look at how few of the squad players he uses on a regular basis, plus no major interviews from players saying how he turned their careers around like Poch had when he was at Southampton.

Brighton are slow to progress from defence to attack. They have a brick striker though, Welbeck has come in and been their best striker.

I am unconvinced, but not a hater and will support him if he comes. But he will need to be given time and the chairman should come out to the fans and say it is the start of a new cycle.

Sure, if we were 10, 15 or more points better off this season due to our players actually performing better on the pitch then of course my view would be different as the players would have proved that they have it in them to turn it around. But for 3 seasons unders 2 different managers they (with a few obvious exceptions) have been poor. Whether it is a lack of or waning talent, poor attitude or a combination of both there has to be some blame laid on them. It can't all be down to the manager, whoever it is.

Of course I realise that my comments will look rather foolish in about 3 hours time after we've smashed Sheff Utd playing exhilarating attacking football. And there's nothing that would please me more.
I think people conflating the downturns with the 2 managers are wide of the mark. The teams are different enough. No Rose, No Eriksen and Alli essentially gone same with Winks. Sissoko was better under Poch. Dier and Sanchez have been up and down mostly down. Most of the other players have performed fine but the tactics under Mourinho stifled them. Let's see next season if we hopefully bring in a decent manager.

I'm firmly in the Mason until an actual top tier candidate is available camp now.

Not a Brendan Rodgers from the office. Not a promising manager fighting relegation. Why gamble? Mason will tide us over.

I'm firmly in the Mason until an actual top tier candidate is available camp now.

Not a Brendan Rodgers from the office. Not a promising manager fighting relegation. Why gamble? Mason will tide us over.

Eh. If he wins his next four, maybe. If Rangnick came in as a DoF and kept Mason, wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. But if we want to aim at being back where we were with Poch, Mason won' t get us there quickly - he still has a lot of learning to do.

He willingly uses Sissoko and Winks, for example.

I think people conflating the downturns with the 2 managers are wide of the mark. The teams are different enough. No Rose, No Eriksen and Alli essentially gone same with Winks. Sissoko was better under Poch. Dier and Sanchez have been up and down mostly down. Most of the other players have performed fine but the tactics under Mourinho stifled them. Let's see next season if we hopefully bring in a decent manager.

Kane and Son were really stifled eh. Jose has gone. Let's move on.

I dreamed we lost the final match of the season 4-1 to Leicester, and then announced a new manager called Sabic straight after.

Itk tier - 1.

Back