• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Traits from his playing career could be indicators too, tactical indiscipline, inability to kerb his temper, and of course, his support of a racist teammate.
Bloody good player though. He’s a winner!
Rangers are doing well.
He is though still a bit green for me.

The reason for anyone to not want Gerrard is that if he even does a half decent job then he'll be off to Liverpool when Klopp leaves

Thats the main reason for not wanting him IMO, as well as him not having achieved anything in a major league

I don't know about Kane, I have a feeling he will still be here next season no matter what.

Agree about the rebuild though. For me there are two options:

1. The easy option. Appoint a big name coach to appease and massage the fragile egos of our mostly uninspiring group, add a couple of competent defenders and hope for the best.

2. Take a risk. Appoint a younger Potter type coach and promote some of our most promising youth players whilst trying to nab the best talent from the championship/ league one. And most importantly, clear out the dross.

I know which one I would prefer. Sure, it may mean a couple of years in mid table and no Europe while we find our feet again but long term I think it is what's needed.

Sadly, I doubt Levy would agree with me, but I can live in hope.

I so want it to be number 2. We would then set ourselves up for the next decade. I have a feeling we will faff about for a couple of years though.

Mourinho gouged a rival coach's eye on the touchline and you never had any issues there. [emoji1787][emoji28]

I condemned it at the time.

Don’t think for a second I won’t flip the second somebody joins the organisation.

Right now he’s just a scumbag, if he joins Spurs he’ll be our scumbag.

The reason for anyone to not want Gerrard is that if he even does a half decent job then he'll be off to Liverpool when Klopp leaves

Thats the main reason for not wanting him IMO, as well as him not having achieved anything in a major league

ironic considering his history with baseball bats

Option 2 doesn't require 2 seasons of mid table - a good manager, project or otherwise, will arrest the decline and improve from there, i means it's still a possibility we nab a 4th place finish (or luck out on 5th getting you a CL place) and yet people are talking like we staring in to the abyss.

Fair enough. Though I don't think we are staring into the abyss our league performances over the last 3 seasons with mostly the same players have been in steady decline and I can't see any manager significantly arresting that slide without a lot of new faces with a better attitide on the pitch. If we were to nab 4th or 5th this season it won't be because we've been good, it will be because the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal are struggling too.

I really hope I'm wrong and that this group can turn it around but I just can't see it.

Fair enough. Though I don't think we are staring into the abyss our league performances over the last 3 seasons with mostly the same players have been in steady decline and I can't see any manager significantly arresting that slide without a lot of new faces with a better attitide on the pitch. If we were to nab 4th or 5th this season it won't be because we've been good, it will be because the likes of Liverpool and Arsenal are struggling too.

I really hope I'm wrong and that this group can turn it around but I just can't see it.

When was the last time all 6 of the top 6 were on form at the same time? It doesn't happen - 1, 2 or more are usually in a state of flux. United have Solskjar as manager for Christs sake and are somehow 2nd, they aren't even that good on paper.

You'd have to imagine if we had a season where our manager didn't earn himself the sack we'd be doing somewhat better than we have been, right? So where does that put us? 5 points better off? More?? In that instance would we be sitting here saying the squad is pony or would we be saying we need to improve a few positions and strengthen where possible - as is usually the case season to season?

You’ve picked up the wrong end of that stick, as I’m sure you know, it’s your lot I hate.

You don’t seem to even dislike them or any of their current or former players. I’ve never met a single spurs fan in real life who doesn’t hate Arsenal at least 2nd most after Chelsea. And I’ve never met a spurs fan who hates Liverpool above all else. Most Spurs fans I know dislike Liverpool maybe 4th or 5th after the three London clubs, United etc.

Anyone got any interesting long reads on Potter’s approach, why he has been relatively successful to know, why he was able to get some pretty exceptional results?

Anyone got any interesting long reads on Potter’s approach, why he has been relatively successful to know, why he was able to get some pretty exceptional results?

The Extra Inch have opened access to Nathan's analysis of Potter's Brighton on their Patreon page. It's a bit dry but interesting.

Most Spurs fans I know dislike Liverpool maybe 4th or 5th after the three London clubs, United etc.

They're third for me behind Arsenal and Chelsea. West Ham are an irritant. I'm indifferent to Manchester United but recognise that Arsenal would have a lot more titles to their name without Man Utd and am thankful for that.

What did we all think of poch before he joined us?
We need to find the next "poch" - graham potter could be it.
I have explained before that there is no comparison to Poch before we appointed him to where Graham Potter is now. Certainly not from the point of view of managing in this league. Which is the most sensible comparison you can make.

If we are looking at managers from "unfashionable" clubs, then there is something about Norwich's Daniel Farke which intrigues me. I liked the way Norwich played in the PL, albeit relegated, but that is largely because they didn't spend. They have stormed the championship twice and he has taken relatively unknown players such as Teemu Pukki and got the best out of them. Best of all he has done really well in generating money for the club. That's gotta to be a seller to Levy.

Last edited:
You don’t seem to even dislike them or any of their current or former players. I’ve never met a single spurs fan in real life who doesn’t hate Arsenal at least 2nd most after Chelsea. And I’ve never met a spurs fan who hates Liverpool above all else. Most Spurs fans I know dislike Liverpool maybe 4th or 5th after the three London clubs, United etc.

I hate Liverpool over all.
Then Chelsea.
Then utd.
Why?
Because growing up (late 70s) those were the opposition fans I was exposed to, most of the guys I grew up with had Liverpool as their second team and mocked us (me) endlessly.
Never knew an arsenal fan until probably mid 90s,most I've met have been decent enough.

Back