• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next Manager?

Biggest problem with Rodgers might simply be that it could take weeks or wrangling to get him away from Leicester, or take weeks and fail.

We obviously dont want to appoint the wrong man just for speed, but can we afford to wait til, say, June only to find out that he's not gettable and move to the next? I guess if we got in a DoF in the meantime that might mitigate some of the risk. Levy hasn't recently delayed going from one man to the next though

Biggest problem with Rodgers might simply be that it could take weeks or wrangling to get him away from Leicester, or take weeks and fail.

We obviously dont want to appoint the wrong man just for speed, but can we afford to wait til, say, June only to find out that he's not gettable and move to the next? I guess if we got in a DoF in the meantime that might mitigate some of the risk. Levy hasn't recently delayed going from one man to the next though

If a manager wants to come, which only takes a cursory phone call, then it's just a case of negotiating the payoff - no club would keep a manager who's head has been turned

Last edited:
So Erik Ten Haag seems to be suggested as more and more likely to be our next head coach.

To those who know him/his work well, how does he compare to our other rumoured targets: Nagalsmann, Rodgers and Potter?

Biggest problem with Rodgers might simply be that we are a sh!t show atm compared Leicester, and that they have effectively qualified for next year's CL.

FTFY

No worries..

Got to love the spin you lot are putting on it. Yeah of course Nagelsmann wasn’t a good fit for us, the alternatives are so much better:D....

Same thing is happening over in the Son thread. Yeah let’s sell him, he’s not world class, doesn’t show up when it matters. Nothing to do with the fact that he hasn’t signed a new contract. Same thing also happened when Toby was benched over his contract dispute and Sanchez overnight became much better than him. Or when we sold Walker and it didn’t matter because we had Trippier :D

If a manager wants to come, which only takes a cursory phone call, then it's just a case of negotiating the payoff - no club would keep a manager who's head has been turned

Its not just wiht the club though; it might well be that Rodgers has some interest but won't discuss til the end of the season. So then question for Levy is how much better he would see Rodgers than the next best man. Situation is a big different to Ten Hag given Ajax and Leicester are in very different positions in their leagues and we still have to play Leicester.

The fact that Levy appointed Mason til season end implies his preferred man is in a job today

Its not just wiht the club though; it might well be that Rodgers has some interest but won't discuss til the end of the season. So then question for Levy is how much better he would see Rodgers than the next best man. Situation is a big different to Ten Hag given Ajax and Leicester are in very different positions in their leagues and we still have to play Leicester.

The fact that Levy appointed Mason til season end implies his preferred man is in a job today

That is true..still begs the question of why sacking Jose when he did (vs the week we lost of Arsenal and Zagreb, or after his comments after the Saudi Sportswashing Machine match...)

Discussing the finer details sure but he'd let it be known if he was interested or whether we'd be wasting our time hanging on for him imo (via an agent or whatever)

So Erik Ten Haag seems to be suggested as more and more likely to be our next head coach.

To those who know him/his work well, how does he compare to our other rumoured targets: Nagalsmann, Rodgers and Potter?
Actually won some trophies in Sweden so done better on that front than Nagellsmann
Managed a minow in Europe and took some big scalps
Did a good job at Swansea and now doing his work at Brighton
There are people that think he isn’t doing a good a job there but I disagree
What he has done is create a Better footballing team that’s versatile and effective with the ball, but very wasteful in front of goal

Actually won some trophies in Sweden so done better on that front than Nagellsmann
Managed a minow in Europe and took some big scalps
Did a good job at Swansea and now doing his work at Brighton
There are people that think he isn’t doing a good a job there but I disagree
What he has done is create a Better footballing team that’s versatile and effective with the ball, but very wasteful in front of goal

Ten Haag managed in Sweden?? Didn't know that.
Hold on, are you talking about Potter here??

Howe do you think he (Ten Haag) compares with Rodgers?

Ten Haag managed in Sweden?? Didn't know that.
Hold on, are you talking about Potter here??

Howe do you think he (Ten Haag) compares with Rodgers?
I was talking potter
Honestly don’t know how anyone compares to another manager
What I’ll say about Rogers is that I like his football style
I met him last summer and was nice to me (very short man)
I do wonder how much influence he has on signings at Leicester as they have a DOF behind the scenes
And I’d argue that his best performing players were all there before him
But of course he is getting the best out of them which is key

Ten Haag developed the Ajax side to argue key be better than the suk of their parts. None of the players that have left that side have looked better since which I think is a solid measure although who they play for now has an influence on that

I was talking potter
I do wonder how much influence he has on signings at Leicester as they have a DOF behind the scenes

Ten Haag developed the Ajax side to argue key be better than the suk of their parts. None of the players that have left that side have looked better since which I think is a solid measure although who they play for now has an influence on that

Thanks. If you were given a straight choice between ETH and Rodgers who'd you prefer (and why)?

I was talking potter

"I met him last summer and was nice to me (very short man)"

Are short people normally nasty to you?;)

Back