• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Next 8 games

I don't get the Middlesex thing, it's not at all insulting.

Strictly speaking, there are no real London clubs, as the traditional areas (the City Square Mile and the City of Westminster) never had any football clubs located there.

Most of the London League clubs were in Middlesex, which took-up most of the area north of the Thames back in Victorian times and was the richest county in the United Kingdom:

Middlesex
Chelsea
Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur
Queens Park Rangers
Brentford
Arsenal (after 1913)

Hertfordshire
Watford
Barnet

Essex
West Ham United
Colchester United
Southend United
Leyton Orient
Thames Association
Dagenham & Redbridge

Kent
Woolwich Arsenal (to 1913)
Charlton Athletic
Gillingham
Maidstone United

Surrey
Crystal Palace
Millwall (originally based in Middlesex)

Strictly speaking, there are no real London clubs, as the traditional areas (the City Square Mile and the City of Westminster) never had any football clubs located there.

Most of the London League clubs were in Middlesex, which took-up most of the area north of the Thames back in Victorian times and was the richest county in the United Kingdom:

Middlesex
Chelsea
Fulham
Tottenham Hotspur
Queens Park Rangers
Brentford
Arsenal (after 1913)

Hertfordshire
Watford
Barnet

Essex
West Ham United
Colchester United
Southend United
Leyton Orient
Thames Association
Dagenham & Redbridge

Kent
Woolwich Arsenal (to 1913)
Charlton Athletic
Gillingham
Maidstone United

Surrey
Crystal Palace
Millwall (originally based in Middlesex)

Nice one statto. Next time any of them bang on about Middlesex, just say they're from Kent

Wouldn't Clapton Orient be an Essex club? Or did they just mutate into Leyton Orient? I have a feeling they used to have a huge, 100,000 capacity ground or something like that? Help me out here Statto......

I can't believe that we haven't won at the Bridge in 20 odd years and in the course of a coupe of seasons the likes of Sunderland, QPR etc have won there

hows it look now?

Well it's a fantastic landscape in so much as I prefer the manager and setup, but I think the consequences financially of not being in the CL can never be fully appreciated by any of us. Put it this way. Those collapsed deals for the likes of Moutinho and even Damiao? That's where CL football makes the difference...it was the moment where we could also have shoved the filth into the europa and buggered them. So yeah, I am moving on but I will always be barely over it for precisely those reasons mate...

brick...Everton really need to be feared. Very easy run for them considering their form. Their performances tonight shows they will be in the fight for top 4 come the end of the season. You could tell they were a class above Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Although on the other hand, they were very lucky against us to win - which should hopefully mean that no matter how good Everton are this year, unfortunately we are just a little bit better :)

Wouldn't Clapton Orient be an Essex club? Or did they just mutate into Leyton Orient? I have a feeling they used to have a huge, 100,000 capacity ground or something like that? Help me out here Statto......

Yes, Clapton Orient (later Leyton Orient) started-out as an Essex club.

First off, I'm with GinolaCubed, just deal with the fixture list one game at a time. Who knows what each week will bring in terms of injuries or transfer arrivals?

Trying to run the periscope up and call outcomes from a distance is a mug's game.

Also, Robbo's fine job of serving up comparative schedules for our nearest rivals doesn't include the re-scheduled game between the Popguns and Waste Ham. That goes off on Wednesday, Jan 23. Since they play at Chelski the Sunday before, expect to hear the big Alsatian git barking his lungs out about unfair scheduling.

Cup games roll in the following wekend and we get Norwich away the Tuesday afterward, they get Liverpool at home on Wednesday. BooBubblyHoo. Other than a trip to Sunderland, they don't leave London until they play Swansea in mid-March. Someone's got a friend at the league's HQ.

Well it's a fantastic landscape in so much as I prefer the manager and setup, but I think the consequences financially of not being in the CL can never be fully appreciated by any of us. Put it this way. Those collapsed deals for the likes of Moutinho and even Damiao? That's where CL football makes the difference...it was the moment where we could also have shoved the filth into the europa and buggered them. So yeah, I am moving on but I will always be barely over it for precisely those reasons mate...

And we'd have had at least one of the midfielders that went to Chel$ki this summer.

There is a hidden price too that is not always that easy to put a figure on. CL exposure means increased marketability for every facet of the club - sponsorship, increased fanbase, etc.

Much as I hate the fact that football is more business than sport, that is the way of things now and unlikely to change. For every Vertoghen there are 10 players who are guided solely by their agents and see the CL as a way to add a few more lucrative clauses to their contract.

I'd still take a trophy over CL qualification any day but that's just me.

I can't see how a list that includes Norwich, QPR, Saudi Sportswashing Machine and West Ham can be called a tough run. I appreciate that these teams are fighting but that doesn't change the fact that if we want to be in the CL then we should be sweeping them aside. Remember how brick west ham were when we played them earlier in the season and 1 result for QPR and our old manager doesn't make them a good side.

The only tough games there really is Arsenal and Man Utd. I realise that we are Spurs and we'll make hard work of all of them but I'd expect us to get points against most of them lot.

I can't believe that we haven't won at the Bridge in 20 odd years and in the course of a coupe of seasons the likes of Sunderland, QPR etc have won there

I think because we're a bigger club they are more likely to be focused, motivated and prepared against us so they don't slip up like they might against Sunderland and QPR when they have off days. Always thought this about Man U as well until we finally beat them this season.

I think because we're a bigger club they are more likely to be focused, motivated and prepared against us so they don't slip up like they might against Sunderland and QPR when they have off days. Always thought this about Man U as well until we finally beat them this season.

Also while we only play Chelsea away in the league once a season, or 20 times in 20 years the worst 10 teams in the league will play them a total of 200 times in the same time period. It's just more likely that they will slip up once in 200 than once in 20.

Also while we only play Chelsea away in the league once a season, or 20 times in 20 years the worst 10 teams in the league will play them a total of 200 times in the same time period. It's just more likely that they will slip up once in 200 than once in 20.

That is a very good point.

Back