• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

I am not saying anything I honestly don’t know the answer.

As I see it the club would use that money but outside of the budget ringfenced by fair play accounting.

So we could pay off the stadium debt from the nfl/stadium income and then the football side needs not contribute anything at all if that works for the accountants other positions.

Fair enough but even thats the same thing really isn't it? The club use NFL money to pay off debt of for future construction, still means all other profits left to the footballing side. There will always be bills to pay with the NFL money

But when teams like Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project win them AND finish high up in the league then it shows consistency. Obviously finals are one off games where anything can happen the real big teams do both. In the 90s we weren’t very consistent in the league but we nicked trophies. The 80s was the last decade where we consistently finished at the right end of the table but also won trophies.

No one is arguing that TBF
The top teams can win things
But when we have fans arguing that lesser teams have won more they forgot that it’s cup competitions … ones that we have had chances to win but blown it against, normally against, the first top side we play

If that is the definitive answer then that is great news. Spend spend spend.

Think there were also rules about how far ventures had to be from the ground i think. So if Saudi Sportswashing Machine opened a bar outside the ground they can add that. But if they built one in new york, it wouldn't count.

Rules came in years back. So don't remember the details too well.

Think there were also rules about how far ventures had to be from the ground i think. So if Saudi Sportswashing Machine opened a bar outside the ground they can add that. But if they built one in new york, it wouldn't count.

Rules came in years back. So don't remember the details too well.
Yeh and even then they are nuanced as City have ventures in Abu Dhabi relating to City specifically which I'm sure I read adds to their commercial.

As long as its not specifically stuff like Oil Fields then there will be allowances

No one is arguing that TBF
The top teams can win things
But when we have fans arguing that lesser teams have won more they forgot that it’s cup competitions … ones that we have had chances to win but blown it against, normally against, the first top side we play

I think sometimes it can come across that we’re trying to belittle other teams success. Granted finishing higher in the league shows more consistency but you still have to give teams credit when they win a trophy. When Leicester won the FA cup, the overriding sentiment on here was “oh well it’s only a cup, let’s see where they are in 5 years”. Comes across a bit churlish. And winning trophies does create memories. I was happy when we first finished in the top 4, felt like we had won something. Beating Chelsea in the league cup was also a great memory. Didn’t change my life but was a wonderful time all the same.

Fair enough but even thats the same thing really isn't it? The club use NFL money to pay off debt of for future construction, still means all other profits left to the footballing side. There will always be bills to pay with the NFL money

Only in part Grays. But this might explain why we have so much headroom for ffp whilst actually not having the club capital there to exploit it (because of the debt financing) so ffp spending will have to grow organically rather than the club being able to open the floodgates of additional cash we think is sitting there.

Apologies I am thinking and writing to try and reach some sort of deeper appreciation of these matters.

Only in part Grays. But this might explain why we have so much headroom for ffp whilst actually not having the club capital there to exploit it (because of the debt financing) so ffp spending will have to grow organically rather than the club being able to open the floodgates of additional cash we think is sitting there.

Apologies I am thinking and writing to try and reach some sort of deeper appreciation of these matters.

No need to apologise for anything pal....its actually a fairly thought provoking point because there must be a line somewhere

I think sometimes it can come across that we’re trying to belittle other teams success. Granted finishing higher in the league shows more consistency but you still have to give teams credit when they win a trophy. When Leicester won the FA cup, the overriding sentiment on here was “oh well it’s only a cup, let’s see where they are in 5 years”. Comes across a bit churlish. And winning trophies does create memories. I was happy when we first finished in the top 4, felt like we had won something. Beating Chelsea in the league cup was also a great memory. Didn’t change my life but was a wonderful time all the same.
No one is belittling anyone’s succes
But the context is the key
To win a cup you need luck but you also can’t bottle any game in that comp as your out
The league is harder but has less rewards

I think alot of that comes from debate rather than actual statements though. We all wanna win things but some (I include myself in) can also be reflective that any win can't be at the expense of week to week excellence, both should be the aim IMO, not any being at the expense of the other, which is where most of the debates end up.

I think alot of that comes from debate rather than actual statements though. We all wanna win things but some (I include myself in) can also be reflective that any win can't be at the expense of week to week excellence, both should be the aim IMO, not any being at the expense of the other, which is where most of the debates end up.
As Ange said, get ourselves into a position where we're challenging for titles regularly.

Week to week excellence would mean you would win things, most likely the league so we can all aim and desire that.

Like you say though winning a cup isn't the be all and end all. I want to win or seriously challenge for the league as that's an accurate relay of your actual abilities.

Week to week excellence would mean you would win things, most likely the league so we can all aim and desire that.

Like you say though winning a cup isn't the be all and end all. I want to win or seriously challenge for the league as that's an accurate relay of your actual abilities.

It does but the idea that excellence comes in the form of forgoing weekly results and finishing 8th or 9th to win a trophy just because we have been starved of one is at odds for what we should be aiming to do in order to be regularly better as a side

Back