• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New takeover rumours

Troubling in what way?

A list very heavy with teams who have 'kicked on' post their trophy success...or perhaps it's very much the opposite?.
Troubling in that beyond the five dominant forces the chances of an also ran picking up a trophy could come from anywhere. That is to say, good fortune starts to dominate.

I don’t disagree with most of this. My argument is more to do with the results on the pitch. We’re doing a fine job on the revenue side. We need to capitalise on it and turn it into tangible success I.e. silverware.
The results on the pitch are more attainable, however, if the revenue is there. Just a matter of getting the footballing piece right, which we seem to be doing.

I also think people are still a bit traumatized by the Jose and Conte appointments. They were more knee jerk reactions to get us to a trophy. Looks like we learned that lesson, so moving forward I expect us to do much better in terms of footballing approach and managerial appointments, which will eventually manifest into better results on the pitch.

The results on the pitch are more attainable, however, if the revenue is there. Just a matter of getting the footballing piece right, which we seem to be doing.

I also think people are still a bit traumatized by the Jose and Conte appointments. They were more knee jerk reactions to get us to a trophy. Looks like we learned that lesson, so moving forward I expect us to do much better in terms of footballing approach and managerial appointments, which will eventually manifest into better results on the pitch.

And also people make the mistake of placing accumulative blame based on past mistakes, example being Ange time needs to be judged as a separate time to Conte to Jose and so on, people quick to say "another year another....XYZ" but its intact a new start with a new manager and despite people not wanting to acknowledge it at times a new project.

What about those with even less than us?:

Villa, Everton, Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leeds, Sunderland….

Personally I think we’re significantly bigger than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leeds and Sunderland. We’re more comparable to Everton and Villa IMO although I’d say we have the edge at the moment because of our league finishes in the last 10-15 years, but the gap isn’t as wide as some think it is IMO.

Personally I think we’re significantly bigger than Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Leeds and Sunderland. We’re more comparable to Everton and Villa IMO although I’d say we have the edge at the moment because of our league finishes in the last 10-15 years, but the gap isn’t as wide as some think it is IMO.
We should IMO see that gap increase in the coming years. I don't think we can underestimate the financial growth we are embarking on and how important its going to be as the rules squeeze. If we show the same level of smarts using that money as we do making it very few bar the top couple should be able to live with us.

If Villa or Everton want to match that they need to start their own financial revolution which will take then 20 years as it has us and also work against the fact we have stolen a march on the likes of the NFL etc.

Over to you Levy, Munn and Lange

So you can’t judge the teams that win knock outs

But when teams like Liverpool and Emirates Marketing Project win them AND finish high up in the league then it shows consistency. Obviously finals are one off games where anything can happen the real big teams do both. In the 90s we weren’t very consistent in the league but we nicked trophies. The 80s was the last decade where we consistently finished at the right end of the table but also won trophies.

We should IMO see that gap increase in the coming years. I don't think we can underestimate the financial growth we are embarking on and how important its going to be as the rules squeeze. If we show the same level of smarts using that money as we do making it very few bar the top couple should be able to live with us.

If Villa or Everton want to match that they need to start their own financial revolution which will take then 20 years as it has us and also work against the fact we have stolen a march on the likes of the NFL etc.

Yeah I’d agree with that. Everything is starting to come together off the pitch with how we generate revenue and we should start to see it bear fruit. Just need to get over the line and win something. Once the first trophy comes usually more follow provided you can keep the team together.

Are the club allowed to spend nfl generated revenue (and from other gigs like Beyoncé) within premier league and uefa ffp rules?

I honestly don’t know but don’t see why that is allowed?

Are the club allowed to spend nfl generated revenue within premier league and uefa ffp rules?

I honestly don’t know but don’t see why that is allowed?

Anything the clubs generates as its own revenue yeh, why would/should it not be allowed?

Because it’s not from football.

What if City developed an oilfield?

I mean its an extreme example because the NFL is actually held out our ground, its a commercial venture literally under our roof. Are we saying we should not make money from concerts and other sports held at the ground? Conferences?

I mean its an extreme example because the NFL is actually held out our ground, its a commercial venture literally under our roof. Are we saying we should not make money from concerts and other sports held at the ground? Conferences?

I am not saying anything I honestly don’t know the answer.

As I see it the club would use that money but outside of the budget ringfenced by fair play accounting.

So we could pay off the stadium debt from the nfl/stadium income and then the football side needs not contribute anything at all if that works for the accountants other positions.

Back