• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

I used to walk from Seven Sisters to the ground but nowadays I prefer to go to/from the stadium via Tottenham Hale and Northumberland Park as it's much less of of trek plus the trains aren't as packed as those heading to White Hart Lane station.

Would be good if they could upgrade Northumberland Park station, as whilst it's okay now I can only imagine how chaotic things are going to be when there's an extra 20,000+ people trying to get to/from the stadium on matchdays.

For most people outside of London an evening kick off means sprinting to Seven Sisters to get home. It also means leaving around 3pm to get in.

WHL isn't the most difficult ground I've ever been to but it's pretty close. If they made the High Road one way on match days I suspect it would go some way to solving the problem.

If we expect corporate entertainment types to convince their guests to walk/run the length of the High Road, we'll have some very empty boxes in the new stadium.

The High Road problem is an easy fix that could be done now. The road is wide enough for three lanes, before the match two lanes in, one lane out. After the match vice versa. Easy to sort, easy to police, easy to get away from the ground. Get it sorted Haringey Council.

Shouldn't be an issue since, in my experience, very few people stay on Victoria Line trains heading to Walthamstow beyond Seven Sisters and equally few arrive at Seven Sisters from Walthamstow. Very occasionally, trains from Tottenham Hale are quite busy but it ought to be possible to schedule more Victoria Line trains from Tottenham Hale to coincide with mainline trains that arrive there from Stansted.

Maybe this is true on the weekend but certainly not from Monday to Friday. I start and finish my trip on the Victoria line to work every day from Walthamstow and half the train get off at Walthamstow. A lot then get on buses to Chingford or leyton etc but its certainly the majority of the Tube.

I think they would have to have a varying priority for workday and weekends, that would work.

Rumours on twitter that work is commencing next month:-

A-GMUsZCIAAUa7Y.jpg

If that doesn't work:-

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/279658939010916352/photo/1/large

Rumours on twitter that work is commencing next month:-

If that doesn't work:-

https://twitter.com/HotspurRelated/status/279658939010916352/photo/1/large

Thanks for posting.

Very hard to read that (annoyingly!) but I can't be sure that it doesn't simply detail work being carried out on the supermarket and other related developments at the north end of the NDP site.

I think it unlikely that it refers to the actual stadium build because, as far as we know:

- the contract is still out to tender
- Spurs have not yet secured all the funding
- there have, as yet, been no further planning submissions related to changes to the stadium design.

So no banana from me yet!

I've just seen, on the Skyscrapercity thread, that there's another page of this document that talks about the hotel and 200 new homes....

.......which means that the document is out of date, I'm afraid. There is no longer a hotel planned as part of the NDP and Spurs now plan to build some 300 new homes (not 200).

I've just seen, on the Skyscrapercity thread, that there's another page of this document that talks about the hotel and 200 new homes....

.......which means that the document is out of date, I'm afraid. There is no longer a hotel planned as part of the NDP and Spurs now plan to build some 300 new homes (not 200).

correct me if im wrong but hasnt there been some drawings floating around recently that suggests the return of the hotel? i cant remember if it showed the hotel on ndp site or the site near the proposed new train st?

From davidzmatdorf on SC:-

I think it's just a description of the overall planning consent, taken verbatim from the planning register, and pasted into an announcement that the first stage, i.e., the Sainsbury's supermarket, is starting on site. That's why there is a reference to the hotel, which has not been deleted from the project, but has been postponed and may be abandoned in the future unless it can be made sufficiently viable to attract a hotel operator.

I'm not sure where these images are from, but I suspect they are from a general building-industry online publication or projects-survey that lists all major new projects that are starting construction. The tabs at the top that read 'projects', 'companies', 'regions', and 'sectors' would be consistent with that.

I'm confident that this is not an indication that work is going to start on the actual stadium. It's just a database showing that Phase 1 is starting, with the details of the whole development pasted into it by someone who wasn't paying attention.

So everyone can calm down again.

EDIT: Yes, it's from http://www.glenigan.com/, which is exactly what I thought: a construction-industry survey website that provides information for contractors and subcontractors on what developments are inviting tenders or about to start. Now I'm 100% certain that the actual stadium has only been included in this announcement because some nitwit pasted the entire planning consent summary in, not because the stadium is actually going to start on site.

correct me if im wrong but hasnt there been some drawings floating around recently that suggests the return of the hotel? i cant remember if it showed the hotel on ndp site or the site near the proposed new train st?

Not that I know of.

There might be a hotel planned at some point in the future but it doesn't appear in the current scheme.

Take a look at the image below. It's the latest render of the southern end of the development (right of screen). I believe that the designs for the housing blocks aren't yet set in stone. So there might be some changes. But not to the footprint, I wouldn't have thought:

night_aeriel_view.jpg

Now take a look at the following image. This is a render of the previous, ditched plan, which included 200 homes and the hotel (top of the public "square" between the stadium and the new homes. As you can see, there wouldn't be space for it in the new scheme:

tottenhamnew_front.jpg

Last edited:

Don't worry your not going bonkers. Someone posted on pg104 what could be what Haringey Council have planned with the walkway. The Hotel is directly opposite the stadium. It could be that the Hotel is back in the plan.

corgftz

I used to walk from Seven Sisters to the ground but nowadays I prefer to go to/from the stadium via Tottenham Hale and Northumberland Park as it's much less of of trek plus the trains aren't as packed as those heading to White Hart Lane station.

Would be good if they could upgrade Northumberland Park station, as whilst it's okay now I can only imagine how chaotic things are going to be when there's an extra 20,000+ people trying to get to/from the stadium on matchdays

I always use NP station, as I get a train into Liverpool Street or Stratford..

We have had issues of trains booked to stop that just havent, this again will be a total nightmare with say another 15-20k people using it

image doesn't work for me ?

This work?

I’ve been sent all this in the last 10 minutes from a reader who spotted the Tweets of @robMDK Now the guy seems genuine enough, but you tell me what you think. What occurs below is in no particular order and if it all gets pulled… not my fault

And finally the big one, something to get excited about Spurs fans £400m stadium redevelopment starting in Jan 2013 pic.twitter.com/fdlrETt5

https://twitter.com/robMDK/status/279655606237925376/photo/1

Small industrial unit along White Hart Lane #thfc pic.twitter.com/ajSJoTWs

https://twitter.com/robMDK/status/279655246572158977/photo/1

Transport links improvement works #thfc pic.twitter.com/1zMIf4s

https://twitter.com/robMDK/status/279655022151745537/photo/1

Residential units around N17 #thfc pic.twitter.com/lhIstwfg

https://twitter.com/robMDK/status/279654894712000514/photo/1

Please pay close attention to the contracted start date and cost of development plus the client name. #thfc

Coming up is a succession of photos of the work due to start on #thfc new ground. Got the paperwork from work.

Last edited:
Back