• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

New Spurs stadium to spearhead homeownership drive

Published by Ross Macmillan for 24dash.com in Housing and also in Communities, Local Government

Wednesday 1st August 2012 - 3:39pm

Tottenham Hotspur’s new football ground will be a "catalyst for regeneration" in the area which will see the promotion of homeownership in a new residential development in North London, according to Haringey Council.

The stadium got the green light back in February but came under fire after Haringey Council dropped the requirement to provide any affordable homes as part of the £400m scheme due to an already “high concentration” of the tenure in the area.

Today the council unveiled its vision for Tottenham from now to 2025 which includes the regeneration of Northumberland Park, Severn Sisters and Tottenham Hale.

The council says the new £400m stadium will spearhead the regeneration of Northumberland Park which will become a leisure destination for North London and will create 285 new homes.

The plan reveals the new residential development will focus on “promoting home ownership” to create a “better balance" of housing in the area.

It adds that “existing housing will be refreshed providing new homes for residents”.

Also included in the plan is the comprehensive redevelopment of Wards Corner, a landmark building at Seven Sisters, which will bring 40,000 sq ft of retail space, including space for the reprovision of the Seven Sisters market and up to 196 new homes.

The Wards Corner redevelopment has also courted controversy for including no social or affordable housing.

Tottenham Hale, meanwhile, will become a new town centre and deliver 4,000 new jobs, 5,000 new homes and a wide range of community and commercial services by 2025.

In her forward to the plan, council leader Claire Kober said: "It is critical we continue to build confidence in Tottenham as a place for all to invest in. Working with the Mayor of London we have secured the commitment of almost £1bn of investment through major developments in Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale."

Marky I think that was posted a couple weeks back.

Jimmy posts on that Skyscrapper site and generally puts everything of interest on here.

Not sure if this counts as interesting, but if you go to the interactive Olympics map here

http://www.london2012.com/join-in/interactive-map/

Click Aerial view, zoom out and go up a bit and left a bit to find White Hart Lane just to the left of the huge reservoirs

You can see a huge area of bare earth where the Wingate estate used to be, just north of our stadium

It is slightly more up to date than Google maps, maybe it is just Bing or whatever

Xakt4.png

But they are more or less symmetrical with the properties on the east side of the High Rd, which are similarly close to the West Stand.

That said, removing those houses could provide a second pedestrianised approach to the stadium, easing the flow of those coming from Northumberland Park.

NDP_-_Plan_view_of_full_site.jpg

Last edited:
But they are more or less symmetrical with the properties on the east side of the High Rd, which are similarly close to the West Stand.

That said, removing those houses could provide a second pedestrianised approach to the stadium, easing the flow of those coming from Northumberland Park.

View attachment 888

nice one, not seen that before

attachment.php

nice one, not seen that before

attachment.php

What is the yellow squiggle to the South? (left of picture)

I thought there was hotels n shizzle there, not a yellow squiggle?

Those houses would be awesome, you could pop to the Lane in 5 seconds, sell beer out your back window, sell bricks to throw at the opposition...

What is the yellow squiggle to the South? (left of picture)

I thought there was hotels n shizzle there, not a yellow squiggle?

Those houses would be awesome, you could pop to the Lane in 5 seconds, sell beer out your back window, sell bricks to throw at the opposition...

That is the original plan, but the overall footprint for the north part hasn't changed, which is why I posted it in response to the question of space and the Worcester Avenue houses.

The new plan ditched the hotel and changed the housing footprint. I assume the yellow squiggle was part of the original community facility stuff. That space has gone in the new plans and we can speculate on many yellow squiggles between the new WHL station and the stadium entrance.

I gather you havent seen some of those houses in Worcester Avenue recently. Nice idea in principle, but not sure I would
I know what you are saying but the idea seems good. Need a developer to make nice houses there and sell them to spurs fans.

Back