• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Stadium and Training Ground - Pg 104 Northumberland Park master plan

Hopefully our medical department can emulate the MilanLab which has been touted as the best sports medical facility in the world.

All of a sudden seeing those pics I have a massive lump in my throat. WHL memories going back 59 years.

Excited about a brilliant new stadium, even so it's never going to have the character of the old stadium. Some call it a brick hole but I just cannot see it like that.

Yeah I know, progress and all that.

All of a sudden seeing those pics I have a massive lump in my throat. WHL memories going back 59 years.

Excited about a brilliant new stadium, even so it's never going to have the character of the old stadium. Some call it a brick hole but I just cannot see it like that.

Totally. I really wished we could have a found a solution whereby we could have stayed in the old WHL but increase capacity, but it just wasnt going to happen.

Much as I love the old ground, I've accepted its going to happen because it needs to, for us to be able to compete in the coming seasons

The new stadium is not just next door, but will be on some of the land occupied by the current stadium. Would have been super cool if they somehow managed the preserve part of the pitch where it is as part of the museum, but it's probably where the flats will be built. Getting a bit more open space around the stadium will be great though.

I said the area is a brickhole not the stadium. I lived in Tottenham for 3 years awful place as we all know. I love the look on the faces of the dregs of society on a match day when we all take over the area briefly!

But 59 years ago wasn't it an entirely different stadium to what it is today?

I think we should look at the new stadium as simply the latest in a long line of updates going back to the earliest days of the ground - I doubt the stadium has ever stayed the same for longer than a few years over that time before a stand or terrace was updated. So isn't the NDP just the latest of those updates?

And since it's still on the same piece of ground, it'll still be WHL. That would be my take anyway.

I think we should look at the new stadium as simply the latest in a long line of updates going back to the earliest days of the ground - I doubt the stadium has ever stayed the same for longer than a few years over that time before a stand or terrace was updated. So isn't the NDP just the latest of those updates?

And since it's still on the same piece of ground, it'll still be WHL. That would be my take anyway.

Exactly.

I'm fond of the current stadium - just because it works. There's no better Premier League stadium for helping to generate / retain noise.

But I'm not emotionally attached to the building itself. The only bit remaining from when I attended my first game, back in 1979, is the shell of the Shelf side. And even that is barely recognisable as the same structure since its redevelopment in the late 80's.

The West stand is only 30 years old; the Park Lane, only 17 years; and the Paxton, only 14 years.

Even the pitch has been frequently dug up and replaced over the years.

The history of White Hart Lane lives only in the name and in the location. And since the new stadium's location will overlap with the current location and since the name of White Hart Lane will live on among the fans and in songs (whatever the corporate name for the new stadium), I'm not the least bit sad the the current structure will soon be demolished.

Indeed, i first walked into the Lane in 1963 ( and i remember it like it was yesterday) i have seen so many changes in the ground that is not the same anymore. However it still has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up when i enter it ( and it always has). I do not care waht they call either as it will always be the Lane to me and my second home.

Indeed, i first walked into the Lane in 1963 ( and i remember it like it was yesterday) i have seen so many changes in the ground that is not the same anymore. However it still has the hairs on the back of my neck standing up when i enter it ( and it always has). I do not care waht they call either as it will always be the Lane to me and my second home.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree

More pics of the hoardings around the NDP site (from the new WHL thread on Skyscrapercity):

NDPhoardings5.jpg

NDPhoardings4.jpg

NDPhoardings3.jpg

fudging annoying and stupid swear filter!

Don't know how to get around this board's Mary Poppinsesque aversion to the word "c o c k", even as part of the word "c o c k e r e l", so here's the link to the page on SSC:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=549397&page=215

Last edited:
Back