• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New New Manager Poll (The Lets Get It Right This Time Edition)

Who Do You Want Then?

• Poch

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Gallardo

Votes: 7 5.2%
  • De Zerbi

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Enrique

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Carrick

• Kompany

• Other

Votes: 23 17.2%
  • Tuchel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nagelsmann

Votes: 24 17.9%
  • Slot

Votes: 17 12.7%

• Total voters
Get the right manager, who likely gets 200m in summer more if or when Kane goes and who knows how it goes. Things are ridiculously bad now, 100%, but football being football loads can and no doubt will happen.

That's my tuppence worth, not going to get into opinions being borne out as fact and certainties.

Never dull

Sent from my SM-A127F using Fapatalk

Haha! This is great! I remember being very very lukewarm on Pochettino, but having read an interview with a former Southampton player praising him, I was all aboard. But we always somehow convince ourselves that whoever we get in is the right guy in the beginning, don't we? It's kind of cute, haha. :p

I was similar, FDB, LVG, then Poch but I think I was ok with it if I remember rightly?

feel similarly zen about the next manager, I’d be happy with 4 or 5 of the candidates in the current mix.

None of the current candidates get me going, best i can say about them is that they are not brendan rodgers.

I was all in on LVG too.

Would have been happy with lvg, old head, good coach, knew the game inside out.
But thought fdb would be more exciting, more dynamic.
Never ever thought any of the three would do for us what poch did though, my expectations were so much lower.

So basically nobody had a Scooby Doo but at the time, felt "strongly" that we should get this coach or that coach.

Just chill out a bit, none of us know who is the best option. None of us can foresee how it will play out with the next coach, whoever he is.

So basically nobody had a Scooby Doo but at the time, felt "strongly" that we should get this coach or that coach.

Just chill out a bit, none of us know who is the best option. None of us can foresee how it will play out with the next coach, whoever he is.
What I would say though, is it's more than a manager, we need a new way of thinking and structure to support it this time round. 'Win now' is dead.

I wanted Poch back then. He was a breath of fresh air in the PL and he had done an impressive job for Southampton, turning mediocre players like Lambert, Schneiderlein and Lovren into multi million pound players who earned Southampton serious transfer dosh. Funny he then came to Spurs and did the same thing with our under performing squad. But people claimed he "lucked in."

I can't predict what will happen with our next manager. But I am willing to bet that Poch will make that Chelsea squad successful. That will hurt for 2 reasons 1) it's fudging Chelsea 2) Poch was our man and we have wasted the opportunities his time should have built for us with poor subsequent management decisions.

Must admit he was my first choice, then lvg and didn't fancy poch at all.
How times change.

I remember really wanting us to get Pochettino early on. Even before Sherwood. I was impressed by the play style of Southampton under him, and knowing many Southampton supporters I would be told a lot about him. He seemed perfect for me.

When Poch was sacked, I wanted us to get Naglesmann. I thought that he would be perfect and hated talk of Mourinho. Only way I thought Mourinho was acceptable was a a stop gap until the end of the season.

I don’t remember who I wanted ahead of Nuno, but obviously not Nuno. I was happy with Conte as he seemed like the best man available at the time.

I wanted Poch back then. He was a breath of fresh air in the PL and he had done an impressive job for Southampton, turning mediocre players like Lambert, Schneiderlein and Lovren into multi million pound players who earned Southampton serious transfer dosh. Funny he then came to Spurs and did the same thing with our under performing squad. But people claimed he "lucked in."

I can't predict what will happen with our next manager. But I am willing to bet that Poch will make that Chelsea squad successful. That will hurt for 2 reasons 1) it's fudging Chelsea 2) Poch was our man and we have wasted the opportunities his time should have built for us with poor subsequent management decisions.
fudge Chelsea. What we need from you....who is the next 'breath of fresh air'?

Back