• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Kit?

Nike-Sweatshops-05.jpg

e765634f10c8e03be5a7dc79f315114c.jpg

I don't care about the morality behind the making of Nike products.

Their cheques don't bounce and that's what counts.

I know because I've cashed a fair few from them and slept quite soundly. Very good bunch to work for.

Ah right, I see. The Adidas deal that just ended was 30m/yr.

Yes that's right as they paid adidas a massive fee to end the deal early in order to sign the Nike one.

The Nike one is heavily inflated because chelsea are able to present huge kit sale figures when pitching for suppliers. But the reality is abramovich simply buys millions of kits himself and that way chelsea achieve massive kit sale numbers and in turn huge kit supplier deals.

And the reason for this? A way around ffp in order to get 60m a year of what is essentially his own money, 'legally' through the door to be used on wages, transfer fees etc.

It's deeply fraudulent and frankly disgusting. Emirates Marketing Project did the same with their deal with etihad for stadium naming rights. A blatantly massively inflated deal with a branch of their own ownership!

Both these disgraceful clubs are responsible for the failure of ffp.

Yes that's right as they paid adidas a massive fee to end the deal early in order to sign the Nike one.

The Nike one is heavily inflated because chelsea are able to present huge kit sale figures when pitching for suppliers. But the reality is abramovich simply buys millions of kits himself and that way chelsea achieve massive kit sale numbers and in turn huge kit supplier deals.

And the reason for this? A way around ffp in order to get 60m a year of what is essentially his own money, 'legally' through the door to be used on wages, transfer fees etc.

It's deeply fraudulent and frankly disgusting. Emirates Marketing Project did the same with their deal with etihad for stadium naming rights. A blatantly massively inflated deal with a branch of their own ownership!

No, the design goal of ffp (keep status quo) and the complete lack of interest by the FA/UEFA in enforcing the slightest form of ethical behavior at these clubs is the failure.

brick like fake sponsorship deals and questionable mass merchandise purchases are two of the easiest/most obvious potential work around FFP regulations that anyone could have seen coming. When these "nothing" clubs suddenly have sponsorships or kit sales rivaling the biggest clubs in the world and nobody even asks a question?

So .. . . .

Going by the leaks. The Home Kit is white Shirt, Blue Shorts and White socks.
And the away kit is Blue Shirt, Blue shorts and white socks.

That makes no sense at all.

It happened once before though where we had two different Navy shorts.

I was assuming since the Away kit is going to be Navy, Navy Shorts and White socks. That the home kit would be the opposite. Kind of like the England kit but with navy socks.

Are there Chelsea kit mountains in northern Siberia do you reckon?

So .. . . .

Going by the leaks. The Home Kit is white Shirt, Blue Shorts and White socks.
And the away kit is Blue Shirt, Blue shorts and white socks.

That makes no sense at all.

It happened once before though where we had two different Navy shorts.

I was assuming since the Away kit is going to be Navy, Navy Shorts and White socks. That the home kit would be the opposite. Kind of like the England kit but with navy socks.

I'm pretty sure the away socks are navy, not white.

Ah - about the shield, some confirmation.

For one season only, the Tottenham Hotspur crest – comprising the famous badger motif atop a football – has been enclosed in a shield design. The 2017-18 crest nods to one of our finest achievements, becoming the first club in the modern era to win both the Football League First Division and FA Cup in the 1960-61 season.

In that era the team’s shirts were embellished with a shield-style crest and, with legendary manager Bill Nicholson at the helm, the Club sealed an historic league and cup double with an FA Cup Final win at Wembley Stadium. As we return to the national stadium – this time for a full season while our state-of-the-art new home is being constructed in Tottenham – the shield makes its comeback

Ah - about the shield, some confirmation.

For one season only, the Tottenham Hotspur crest – comprising the famous badger motif atop a football – has been enclosed in a shield design. The 2017-18 crest nods to one of our finest achievements, becoming the first club in the modern era to win both the Football League First Division and FA Cup in the 1960-61 season.

In that era the team’s shirts were embellished with a shield-style crest and, with legendary manager Bill Nicholson at the helm, the Club sealed an historic league and cup double with an FA Cup Final win at Wembley Stadium. As we return to the national stadium – this time for a full season while our state-of-the-art new home is being constructed in Tottenham – the shield makes its comeback

Yeah, sales flimflam

The point being that despite us having a multi-year Nike deal, they seem to be confirming the shield is only for this season.
I've heard differing opinions on the look of it.

Two lots of navy shorts though ;)

I actually think white shorts for the away kit would have been nice. That way we could mix both up. Blue socks sometimes when they clash. All white for Europe. Etc

Back