• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New Ipad

There's not really anything tangible I can describe that makes it what it is - trust me though, I've used most phones I've tried for at least a week, many a month and my own ones at least a year, so it's not being used to it.

Maybe it's the size or the shape, the keyboard size - certainly the touch screen is amazing and something that's really easy to type with. The autocorrect is probably a good part of it too. I really can't put my finger on exactly what it is, all I know is that I'm far more willing to use an iPhone for most things than I have been any other phone - and this is coming from a techie who upgrades anything purely for the sake of it.

I believe you have simply found a feature that you feel comfortable using and have taken a liking to it over time. Android messaging is pretty much as you would expect on any phone. If you don't like the keyboard you can download another as there are hunderds out there.

Its like how I used to have a PS2 and then bought the XBOX360 when it first came out. I hated the controller as it differed to what I was use to. Now after time I have got used to it and have taken a liking to it above that of the playstation.

There's not really anything tangible I can describe that makes it what it is - trust me though, I've used most phones I've tried for at least a week, many a month and my own ones at least a year, so it's not being used to it.

Maybe it's the size or the shape, the keyboard size - certainly the touch screen is amazing and something that's really easy to type with. The autocorrect is probably a good part of it too. I really can't put my finger on exactly what it is, all I know is that I'm far more willing to use an iPhone for most things than I have been any other phone - and this is coming from a techie who upgrades anything purely for the sake of it.

Ergonomics, much underated.

Fair enough, it's just all just a matter of personal preference, in this case you've found the iPhone to be your weapon of choice, and nothing wrong with that. The build quality is unrivalled, that I have to say.
Was very disappointed when they announced the 4S, but if they listen to the people I think iPhone 5 could be something really special.

Fair enough, it's just all just a matter of personal preference, in this case you've found the iPhone to be your weapon of choice, and nothing wrong with that. The build quality is unrivalled, that I have to say.
Was very disappointed when they announced the 4S, but if they listen to the people I think iPhone 5 could be something really special.

Yep, not got a 4s - not worth the upgrade. If the 5 has proximity payments thenim in.

If it wasn't that great, it wouldn't be the best selling handset of all time.

I loved my Nokia N95 8Gb; swore by the thing. Then iPhone 3 came along, so I got one. That lasted a week; I sent it back as I hated the bricky touchscreen - wasn't upto scratch. Went back to my humble, if ageing, little Nokia. The 3s was brick, so politely passed.

Then the iPhone 4 came along. I picked that up, and haven't looked back since. Fantastic piece of technology. It's taken them a while, and a few versions to get there, but it's now the handset to own.

Expecting good things from the iPhone 5 in October.

You know what, that was exactly the same scenario with me except for the iphone 3 part.

I swore by Nokia, never used anything else. Had the Nokia N95 8GB which was an outstanding phone, really was. Had it 2 and half years and then decided to delve into Nokia's attempts at the smartphone market with the N97 mini......big error. Poor phone overall and just decided for functionality reasons with the apps and like that I would try the Iphone 4 which was a big thing for me given the fact I never deviated from Nokia.

Best decision I made and won't be going back.

I just use netflix. Far cheaper, instant streaming and in HD too. If you want TV channels in good quality then simply download sopcast and you can get channels from all over the world for nothing.

No offence fella but what is the point in controlling FIFA on your phone? Its usless and I would know as I was playing FIFA on my cousins IPAD the other day and the screen touchpad and buttons were utter brick compared to a controller. No way would you be able to compete online with someone unless they were missing their arms and playing with their feet.

You're right, FIFA is not the best thing you can do with AirPlay. Read the rest of my post re: streaming video, photos etc. It's not the reason to buy an iPad / iPhone but it's a fudging cool feature.

I wish I had it at uni when I needed to do presentations. AirPlay mirroring would have made things so much easier.

I considered Netflix but I just source things in other ways. I hate North American TV so mainly get things from Australia and the UK, in addition to all the football. So glad I never signed up for Cable.

Back