• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Scott Parker should be captain in all honesty.

The importance of the England captaincy isn't really replicated in importance with other countries, and it really, really hamstrings the England manager. I would hate to make Parker captain and narrow my options later in the tournament if I wanted to do something different.

As such, I'd give it to Hart and be done with it. Only player assured of his place.

The importance of the England captaincy isn't really replicated in importance with other countries, and it really, really hamstrings the England manager. I would hate to make Parker captain and narrow my options later in the tournament if I wanted to do something different.

As such, I'd give it to Hart and be done with it. Only player assured of his place.

i'd take the matter of choice out of it and make it whoever starts with the most caps, all you have to do is a coin toss and a pennant swap anyway

haven't trawled the thread since last night, but did anyone see the press conference, in particular the part about playing in apartheid SA.

the journo might as well have asked, 'are you a racist'.

what a way to welcome our new manager... trying to score 40 year old points. what a low-life thing to do.

i thought Roy handled it brilliantly and put the guy, politely, in his place.

Are you Redknapps script writer :lol:

Let's just say, I have texts, ok, but I can't print them here

I also went to a fundraiser recently and overheard a conversation

Let's just say, a few on here would not like what I heard

And I have several emails, let's just say that I have some serious information, ok

But I can't share it at the moment

Ok, but it is really quite damaging, ok

In your opinion.

Others would say maybe the old grey matter is deteriorating slightly. :-"

Oh come on

the death to Arry crowd are like wild dogs, running around in a demented fashion feasting on any scrap that is less than complimentary to the guy, and treating it like haute cuisine

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

I'm done here, I don't want the soul sucked out of me.

3 points tonight though - me old china?

You're going aren't you? Wear a top hat and when I see you in the crowd I'll give you a wave!

If you are, I hope you have a fantastic evening and the traffics not too bad for you, should be pretty straightforward

Let's just say, I have texts, ok, but I can't print them here

I also went to a fundraiser recently and overheard a conversation

Let's just say, a few on here would not like what I heard

And I have several emails, let's just say that I have some serious information, ok

But I can't share it at the moment

Ok, but it is really quite damaging, ok

This stuff is mint, where did you get it? Can you reveal your sources? How about your sauces? Saucers? Sorcerers?

Oh come on

the death to Arry crowd are like wild dogs, running around in a demented fashion feasting on any scrap that is less than complimentary to the guy, and treating it like haute cuisine

It would be funny, if it wasn't so sad.

I'm done here, I don't want the soul sucked out of me.

3 points tonight though - me old china?

You're going aren't you? Wear a top hat and when I see you in the crowd I'll give you a wave!

If you are, I hope you have a fantastic evening and the traffics not too bad for you, should be pretty straightforward

I am indeed, of course i'll be cheering the team full pelt praying for 3 points.

Why would I wear a top hat? Would you wear a Swastika to a match? Whilst we're making baseless judgements about others?

A short hop over the hills for me, although the M62/M61 can be shocking during rush hour.

Ta ta!

My perspective is a balanced one as far as I am concerned. Let me clarify it for you from both a footballing point of view and my view on Redknapp. Feel free to use this against me in the future....

Football is a simple game. The more scientific or complex a Manager makes it, the greater the chance the team will fail.

The tactics, system, style a Manager users doesn't have anywhere near as much weight to success as most people assume. It's mainly about the players and their ability.

What the Manager does need to do to make a team successful is actually pretty simple. Play players in their natural positions and ensure the team balance/blend is correct (regardless of formation). For example, this for me is where Redknapp went wrong against Norwich (and where Comolli went wrong during his entire stay at Spurs). It doesn't matter what system you play, you have to have a defensive midfielder in central midfield. Ideally a disciplined one who will sacrifice personal glory for the good of the team, e.g. stay behind the ball and keep shape. Without one the whole balance of the team goes to brick.

Confidence plays a big part in how players play. That confidence can come from many minor things (the Manager, a team mate, a new contract etc) but in most cases significant confidence is self fulfilling and comes from good performances and winning. When people say that Manager X has failed to motivate Player X, it's clear they don't understand the level at which these guys are playing. This isn't Sunday morning football where a few encouraging words can work wonders on a player. These guys by their very nature are ultra motivated and competitive. A few words from a Manager usually makes bugger all difference. Their confidence comes from how they are feeling about their own form and ability. The second biggest giver (and taker) of confidence is the crowd. This is why teams have home advantage.

I said from the season start, and I stick by it now, Chelsea have the best Premiership team (and second best squad). Emirates Marketing Project have the second best team, and best squad. They should be comfortably leading the title race. The reason they are notis because Fergie has done amazing things with a not so good (although still the 3rd best team and squad in the country) Utd team, and because City and Chelsea have royally made life hard work for themselves this season.

Redknapp is a simple man. He isn't very intelligent, and engages mouth before brain.

Not my perception but from people I know who know him, Redknapp is a very generous man who will talk to anyone about anything. He is very personable and most people who get to know him like him a lot. He is also very emotional and also has low self esteem and this is why he seems to feel the need to over justify every opinion he has.

Redknapp is an excellent football manager. Almost certainly the best English manager around at the moment, and has been since Venables gave up regular club management.

Redknapp is one of the best managers in the Premiership, and we don't give him enough credit. Fergie and Wenger are definitely superior to him. It's entirely possible that Redknapp is the 3rd best in the country. I am personally not a fan of Mancini. Dalglish is a two time title winner but is clearly struggling with a Liverpool team that is a lot better than they're performing. The likes of Pardew, Rodgers, Lambert may potentially be better in the future or could be a Mike Walker/George Burley type scenario. Di Matteo is doing well at Chelsea, but Avram Grant did better (comparitive to the season he took over) than Mourinho and no one sane is going to say Grant is a better Manager! I did like Di Matteo at WBA though, and he is doing an excellent job. The two Premiership Managers that I am more confident in saying MAY be better than Redknapp are Moyes & O'Neill. But until a more competitive team gives them a chance (like Spurs did with Redknapp) it's impossible to tell.

Spurs have the 4th/5th best team/squad in the country. It's a very close run thing against Arsenal, and yes Wenger's superiority over Redknapp (plus the fact he has had years to sculpt that side and team ethos) does give Arsenal an advantage.

We are where we should be in the Premiership. It's not a disappointing season to anyone who has realistic expectations.

It doesn't matter if you're 20pts clear or 20pts behind at the halfway stage of a season. The only thing that matters is the pts tally after 38 games. Everything else is just eschewed form guides that don't take into consideration injuries, the form of the opposition, the quality of the opposition etc. so needs to be taken with a very large dose of salt.

This is spot on as far as I am concerned, I have known for a little while that Redknap would not get the England job, I hope that we can put all this brick behind us and continue to progress, I think Redknap is a big part of being able too.

Anyone seen the suns front page day? Horrible to see really but its reflective of the medias power these days

I am indeed, of course i'll be cheering the team full pelt praying for 3 points.

Why would I wear a top hat? Would you wear a Swastika to a match? Whilst we're making baseless judgements about others?

A short hop over the hills for me, although the M62/M61 can be shocking during rush hour.

Ta ta!

so I can recognise you in the crowd...........

wow

say-eye-spell-map-say-ness.jpg

Back