• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Is it? In his pursuit of the England job I dont think its unimaginable that Redknapp has burned some bridges with the Spurs hierachy.

There are already (unsubstantiated, I know) reports to the effect that we were going to offer him a bumper contract, but are now re thinking that position.

With one year remaining on his current deal it there are only two options IMHO - Back him or Sack him. If a new contract isnt forthcoming then the later is the only option IMHO.

Otherwise we go into the summer and next season with much instability around the whole club.

Agree, my view

- Think everyone is waiting to see what the final result is (where do we finish)
- Part of him getting a renewed contract should be in some part up to can he convince Modric/Bale/Ade this is where they want to play

That said, are we willing to pay 3-4M to fire a manager who got us 4th/5th?

Is it? In his pursuit of the England job I dont think its unimaginable that Redknapp has burned some bridges with the Spurs hierachy.

There are already (unsubstantiated, I know) reports to the effect that we were going to offer him a bumper contract, but are now re thinking that position.

With one year remaining on his current deal it there are only two options IMHO - Back him or Sack him. If a new contract isnt forthcoming then the later is the only option IMHO.

Otherwise we go into the summer and next season with much instability around the whole club.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/harry-redknapp-england-tottenham?newsfeed=true

Press Conf just started... what's the betting that Hodgson's first question will be summit about Harry??

Personally, I say good luck to him... I actually and honestly think he IS a much better bet than Harry!

Clear violation of code of conduct.

THREAD HIJACKING

10 points – minor violation - niggling, taking threads off topic, carrying on disputes across threads, taking the man not the ball, frivolous reporting of posts, arguing with administrator actions (expires after two months)

This thread should be about Hodgson and his 4 year fricken deal

Oppps sorry Hudd you're right and you're a big guy too so I'm not arguing with you ....:-#

I believe Hodgson is better for England than Harry could ever be but he will get slaughtered by Harry's journo mates if we don't get out of a difficult group in the Euro finals ....

For me, the contracts for the England manager should be done on a tournament by tournament basis.

Yes, he said discreet... it means to tout your wares in front of any fluffy bunnies cuddling on the street corner, and to unsettle and destabilise anyone connected with THFC... why, what did you think the word meant?

I actually feel sorry for Hodgson with the brick storm thats going to hit him from the press (and most of the public) now and I really hope he does well.

Yes, he said discreet... it means to tout your wares in front of any fluffy bunnies cuddling on the street corner, and to unsettle and destabilise anyone connected with THFC... why, what did you think the word meant?

:) :) :) !!!!!

I thought that too... oooh, hush now, new England manager's talking! ...just wait until results don't go our way immediately, the Press/Media will be ALL over his speech impediment like vultures!

Agree, my view

- Think everyone is waiting to see what the final result is (where do we finish)
- Part of him getting a renewed contract should be in some part up to can he convince Modric/Bale/Ade this is where they want to play

That said, are we willing to pay 3-4M to fire a manager who got us 4th/5th?

Is that how much he is on a year? If so firing him and replacing him could cost the better part of ?ú10m, a consideration for the management for sure - but not necessarily a reason to hold onto him either.

Its a matter of faith. If they have faith in him they need to give him a deal, if they dont they need to sack him.

At this point I would say that is regardless of where we finish

Who reckons he'll take Paul Konchesky, Danny Murphy, Bobby Zamora & Andy Johnson to the Euros now....?

Last edited:
He should fudge Gerrard, Lampard and the other old guard now.

If he wants the country with him he should do that.

There are quotes in there that betray my biggest misgivings about him. And its not the teflon coated ones.

Its the "Other clubs are buying plays so I guess we should too", "I havent spoken to the chairman but I guess he will want to strengthen..." kind of quotes. It shows a distinct lack of planning and foresight.

If I were manager of the club (not that Im at all qualified - so dont start that one!!) I would be looking ahead to the summer window as soon as the winter one closes. I would know how I want to set up the team, and therefore know the positions I need cover/strength in and be looking for players to fit the bill throughout the gap between windows.

Ideally I would hit the first of June with a bunch of deals lined up...

Instead it just seems reactionary with us, like we are justy winging our way along...

I actually feel sorry for Hodgson with the brick storm thats going to hit him from the press (and most of the public) now and I really hope he does well.

Same here, he's in a similar position that he was when he went to Liverpool, in that EVERY Liverpool fan wanted KK(K)... now it seems every ENGLAND fan (which I guess is a lot more people) STILL won't let it go about Harry... EDIT: HOW many Harry questions is it now...? 4/5??? SHAME ON THE BRITISH MEDIA... FOR SHAAAAAAAAAAAME! EDIT: no, it's definitely more, the final question began with 'Harry'... jeesus, let it go now?

Come on Woy... Make England Pwoud!!

Last edited:
This macaronic interviewer asking Hodgson about apartheid in South Africa and why did he go and play there in the 70's. How random.

Back