• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

New England manager = Roy Hodgson

Anybody on here seriously doubt this statement?

No, I didn't think so

Not only do I doubt it, I entirely disagree with it. As I've said in another thread, we've had some success (probably no greater than most other old-school English style managers could have got) but at the cost of a lot of how I believe a club should be publicly represented and how it's employees should behave.

One thing that's always been great about Spurs is that we do things correctly whether it's failed us in the past or not. Having someone like Redknapp in charge (for what I perceive to be marginal extra success at best) makes us less of a great club and more like all the others who would sell their souls to win a match.

Does make me laugh, all the talk from the supposed supporters about how irrational 'Harry Haters' are, and yet all I see is excuse after excuse from them. Ive seen it all from them, including excuses as to why he isnt responsible for MANAGING!The strength of argument pro or anti is probably even, given that its entirely a personal view - no matter how you choose to interpret facts and statistics.Hence this is an entirely circular line of argument.I think Harry has peaked, I think he has no more to offer. That is not a poor reflection of his term in charge, simply a conclusion based upon seeing 4 years of his management. For me, the only reason to keep him is not finding someone better. Which is, of course, another entirely opionated and ciclical argument....

Can you remember us that season? We were all over the place.

But you're right, 8 games isn't really a good sample size and I accept that. 16 games isnt, let alone 8! It's like all the idiots moaning about our form over the last couple of months and trying to pass it off as the gospel truth as to where we truly stand as a team. fudging macarons, the lot of them.

I have complained about the last couple of months form, are you calling me an idiot and a fudging macaron ?

Is the squad stronger or weaker than last season?

Status Quo for me. The first team is stronger, but squad a little weaker.

Will we finish higher or lower than last season?

I'm hoping better, but most likely we'll finish in the same position as last season.

Are we improving or weakening as a team?

Definitely improving. This year we have played some lovely football and even during this poor run of results we are still dominating possession. We are very close being an excellent side.

Have the performnaces been better or poorer since christmas?

Results have been poorer, but I don't think the performances have. I don't want to spacegoat one player, but I do think there is a correlation between Ade's loss of form and our sudden toothlessness in the final third. I don't know if he is carrying an injury, but his balance seems all wrong and his first touch has gone to ratbrick.

All things point to a club and team that have peaked.

If you're not improving you're going backwards

Too early to say for me. I have always preferred larger sample sizes than even just one season. Even improving teams may have a couple of seasons where they underachieve.

It's a bit like a share price that starts at Point A at 40p and ends up at Point F at ?ú1, but at Point B it's 20p, Point C 50p, Point D, 30p, Point E 60p. Improvement is almost always an upward trend, that includes dips in performance sometimes lower than a level before. As long as the trend continues upwards that is to be expected. Then of course you've also got the other element of other teams can improve faster around you...but that doesn't mean you aren't improving too.

I guess it all depends on how long you are patient for. If Utd fail to win the title this year, they've gone backwards and need to change their Manager? I don't see the logic personally.

One thing I do know, and that is whoever comes in to replace Redknapp deserves time. Manager's deserve time to correct their fudge ups and to turn around a team that was performing well under them but has hit a downward run of form. I'm hoping the new Manager will get at least 5 years before anyone gets on his back, even if we fall to mid-table. FFS people let's give at least ONE manager some time?!

Not only do I doubt it, I entirely disagree with it. As I've said in another thread, we've had some success (probably no greater than most other old-school English style managers could have got) but at the cost of a lot of how I believe a club should be publicly represented and how it's employees should behave.

One thing that's always been great about Spurs is that we do things correctly whether it's failed us in the past or not. Having someone like Redknapp in charge (for what I perceive to be marginal extra success at best) makes us less of a great club and more like all the others who would sell their souls to win a match.

Here, here. It's not all about results, else we should try to get Wenger in charge, play in red, use kittens instead of footballs and should have re-signed Campbell (which by some reports Harry was more than willing to do).

I have complained about the last couple of months form, are you calling me an idiot and a fudging macaron ?

lets practise this kind of attitude towards our fellow supporters shall we....

i think that anyone that thinks we have been playing well with good form and confidence over the last few months is an idiot and a fudging self hating tossing macaron.

The thing that gets me with the anti-Harry crew is, when he came, not one person on here (me included) thought he'd have us challenging for the top 4 in every single one of his full seasons and potentially actually achieving it more often than not. When he came I thought we were going nowhere as a club, and I don't think anyone on this board thought he would do anything other than establish us in mid-table.

Not one person said 'Great appointment, we'll be in the Champions League within a year' and yet once it's achieved, a bad run of form (more than likely caused by mass speculation linking our manager to another job) and all of a sudden it's 'Well, we had had a great squad anyway, we should be even higher than this, it hasn't been that great supporting Spurs, it was better years ago' etc etc. Without wanting to sound offensive, people really need to realise what they are saying, and how far we've come.

Spoilt by success. Not one of you thought we would be in the CL under Harry, and not one of you thought we had a CL-level squad when he arrived. And once a bad run of form starts, in an attempt to turn it against him, the people against him say that our squad was great anyway. Absolute rubbish. It's wasn't a great achievement to get us top half in his first season. It wasn't fantastic. We were never going to get relegated with that squad so he only had to get us playing a bit. It was a decent achievement. Good at a stretch. However, to have us fighting for the CL every single year since and almost achieving it more often than not, is fantastic.

The thing that gets me with the anti-Harry crew is, when he came, not one person on here (me included) thought he'd have us challenging for the top 4 in every single one of his full seasons and potentially actually achieving it more often than not. When he came I thought we were going nowhere as a club, and I don't think anyone on this board thought he would do anything other than establish us in mid-table.

Not one person said 'Great appointment, we'll be in the Champions League within a year' and yet once it's achieved, a bad run of form (more than likely caused by mass speculation linking our manager to another job) and all of a sudden it's 'Well, we had had a great squad anyway, we should be even higher than this, it hasn't been that great supporting Spurs, it was better years ago' etc etc. Without wanting to sound offensive, people really need to realise what they are saying, and how far we've come.

Spoilt by success. Not one of you thought we would be in the CL under Harry, and not one of you thought we had a CL-level squad when he arrived. And once a bad run of form starts, in an attempt to turn it against him, the people against him say that our squad was great anyway. Absolute rubbish. It's wasn't a great achievement to get us top half in his first season. It wasn't fantastic. We were never going to get relegated with that squad so he only had to get us playing a bit. It was a decent achievement. Good at a stretch. However, to have us fighting for the CL every single year since and almost achieving it more often than not, is fantastic.

Top post.

stock-photo-2634771-hitting-a-nail-on-the-head.jpg

Some however, are just delusional.

The last few years have been mind blowing.

It's simple... Forget about tearing online verbal strips out of each other , we're not sat at home being argumentative arseholes but sat on the THFC board alongside Levy .....

Are we telling Levy, that in our opinion, Harry should be rewarded with a new improved contract?

It felt great with Jol in charge, the songs were better as well.

And cut that brick out about Manchester for a start, fudging flimflam and a classic sign of losing the debate telling people to follow another team.

Clueless

Only 45 minutes on the M62

I hear they do fantastic sandwiches, and have the perfect manager

Super songs too

They way Southstand is talking we have attained heights we can never dream to scale EVER AGIN IN THE HISTORY OF THE WORLD ALL BOW DOWN AND GUZZLE HARRY'S CUM!!!

flimflam.

We have the 6th largest playing budget, we should be in the mix for champs league!!

To state for the BILLIONTH fudging TIME.....this is about the catastrophic loss of form since Harry hitched his skirt for the England job he thought he was a shoe in for........in this instance correlation DOES mean causation.

We have taken our eyes off the ball in a momumental fashion and Harry is to blame.

To lose a 13 point lead is criminal IN MY OPINION. Nothing will change that.

out of interest, what do you make of Fergie blowing 8 points?

proportionally, due to their greater status, is Man U losing 8 points, pound for pound, worse than losing 13?

does it just show that it can happen to the best, and that we're not an isolated case?

Just another post telling people, that have a differing opinion to you, what they were thinking..

I'm sorry but that is complete and utter gonad*s. Has the Jol era been rubbed from everyone's memories. When we were a dodgy lasagna away from 4th with Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool all arguably much better teams than what they are today? A poor run under Ramos (after winning our last trophy mind you) and somehow we're back to midtable flogs who should know our place.

We'd been building for this ever since ENIC and Levy came on board. When Graham was sacked for Hoddle, every decision the club made was about not only getting Champs League, but staying there. To dismiss the eras between Hoddle's appointment and Harry's is ridiculous. It didn't work under Hoddle, Santini's appointment was too clever by half, Jol made the most progress and Ramos again was just Levy getting ahead of himself. But every year we progressed. Hell, we were thought very highly of and many peoples outside tips for top 4 when Berbatov came along. We've been up and amongst for almost a decade now.

It's simple... Forget about tearing online verbal strips out of each other , we're not sat at home being argumentative arseholes but sat on the THFC board alongside Levy .....

Are we telling Levy, that in our opinion, Harry should be rewarded with a new improved contract?

Maybe not, but that's because maybe his aura around the players can't be recovered. If it wasn't for this speculation, I'd say yes, absolutely, why not. But because of the players apparently being affected, it may be best to start again with a new voice.

Doesn't reflect badly on Harry's management ability, that's just the circumstances we find ourselves in. Personally I'd rather not take the risk, but that's just my opinion.

Debating on football in terms of whether this manager is good or bad or by insinuating there is a 100% right choice in a game as complex and with as many variables as football is pointless though. Pundits are lining up to criticise SAF for fielding a conservative team against City, even though he usually does it for big games and usually with great success. And you can beat if he 'went for is' and lost 3-0 those same people would be saying he played them too open and should have been more patient in such a big game since they only really needed a draw. It's pointless. They scored a goal from a corner, it didn't happen because of the way they lined up. They may have ended up winning that game 2-0 with that system, they may have lost by more. But it wasn't just because of that system that we lost.

And neither was the decision to loan out Corluka/Bassong/Pienaar/sell Pav the reason we had some bad form. They might have contributed, but really it probably has a lot to do with a million other things too. People saying our fitness training was the problem. We had a great run in when we got 4th the first time, and Harry's fitness methods would have been in full flow then. So was that the problem? More than likely not.

At the end of the day he is clearly a good manager that just like every other manager has to make decisions that with hindsight could look like the worst one. But if he picked the other decision, he may have gotten the exact same result/a much worse result/a much better result. We just don't know. Football is a game with so many variables, with players concentration, luck, the way the wind blows, the way the ball bounces and a million other things that can impact on a result. Harry's a good manager that has been hampered by speculation and doesn't deserve all the insults considering the success he has given us.

Back