• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Net spend this summer (not including Kulu and Porro)

Just makes sense if we sign a less experience developer like Scott too
Gives us some flexibility
With transfer funds probably a little tight somebody like Kamada might be a good option.

One problem I foresee this summer is that we’ll likely want to sell/loan/release before we buy and that might mean some of the bargains get snapped up before we’re doing our buying.

With transfer funds probably a little tight somebody like Kamada might be a good option.

One problem I foresee this summer is that we’ll likely want to sell/loan/release before we buy and that might mean some of the bargains get snapped up before we’re doing our buying.
Timing is everything
But I think we will bring in £50m plus
And the suggestions I’ve made would cost is £100m ish…
The club can afford it

We could really so with a few sales, even taking a loss to free up the squad. Does everyone get a second chance under Ange or do we have some that we eill jettison based on previous performance?

We could really so with a few sales, even taking a loss to free up the squad. Does everyone get a second chance under Ange or do we have some that we eill jettison based on previous performance?

I imagine there are a few on the out list from a club perspective irregardless of the managerial appointment and then beyond that a bunch that are expected to be on the list but awaiting the managers final say so.

If it's true we've been in talks with him for a few months you'd expect that he has had a bit of an outsiders look at our squad already and come to a similar conclusion to us on who is worth keeping around and who he wants a second look at

Timing is everything
But I think we will bring in £50m plus
And the suggestions I’ve made would cost is £100m ish…
The club can afford it
Surely we need to sell first. The problem is that we don't have a Dof and when we did we were not very good at selling anything. Yep clubs are broke but by the same token we are buying cheap so we can sell cheap...someone will want even Dier for the right price. so someone needs to make that decision now but who?

Surely we need to sell first. The problem is that we don't have a Dof and when we did we were not very good at selling anything. Yep clubs are broke but by the same token we are buying cheap so we can sell cheap...someone will want even Dier for the right price. so someone needs to make that decision now but who?

We managed to buy & sell players without a DoF in place previously, as do other clubs who don't operate with a similar set up.

Players contracts don’t finish until the end of June
Plenty of time

We managed to buy & sell players without a DoF in place previously, as do other clubs who don't operate with a similar set up.

We won't have a manager until we sign a DoF ... its because blah blah I know Jack brick about anything blah blah and it makes sense because I know Jack brick ..

I've said a few times that I don't expect us to have significant funds to spend this summer on top of Kulu and Porro unless of course we make some significant sales. That seems to be the opposite view to some on here.

I have therefore created a poll to see what sort of spending we're all expecting us to operate. For lack of anything better we'll use transfermarkt's numbers for purchase/sale amounts.
So, with 9 days of the window left our net spend (not including Porro and Kulu as the thread suggested) is:
Ins:
Maddison (€46.3m)
Van der Ven (€40m)
Vicario (€20m)
Veliz (€15m)
Phillips (€2.3m)
Solomon (free)
TOTAL (€123.6)

Outs:
Winks (€11.6m)
Kane (€100m)
Moura (free)
Rodon (loan)

So at present the net spend is €12m euros - which is £10.2m. It's currently looking as though my £30 to £50m guess was a little optimistic.

At present the following forum users are correct:
@Yiddo, @djp82, @The Fatman, @NorwegianSpursFan, @totalspurs, @richie_spur and @Mikey10

Still a bit of time for that all to change though....

I said at the beginning it would be guessing to say how much we'd spend. If we'd have sold hojbjerg it would have been £30m. If we'd have then bought gallagher it would have been £70-80m. A lot of variables.

Grats to those who got it right though.

What’s the final scores on the doors?

94BGA0I.jpeg

Taking away the Kulu & Porro deals it comes to 66m +/-

With them included it was 133m.

Last season for reference (without Kulu & Porro fees) was a net spend of 139m

Edit : in euros

So really not much difference between this season & last in terms of outlay.

Last edited:
I guess if we'd have managed to shift on PEH, Sanchez & Dier we may have seen Incomings of around 20-30m extra on replacements

Back