• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Net spend this summer (not including Kulu and Porro)

This all depends on the squad. I assume Ange will use 433

New GK, Forster
Porro, Spence
Udogie, Reguilon
Romero, New CB, New CB or Lenglet, Rodon or Tanganga
Bentancur, New AM, Bissouma, Skipp, Gil, Sarr
Son, Kane, Kulusevski, Richarlison, Mundle

People might be surprised by Reguilon but he is relatively young with ability whereas its about time Davies moved on and do not even get me started on Sessegnon. Don’t really need Hojbjerg and there could be some funds in him.

So out goes:

Lloris
Emerson
Davies
Perisic
Sessegnon
Sanchez
Dier
Rodon or Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Hojbjerg
Danjuma (already gone)
Lucas (already gone)

Don’t think there is a lot of funds in that lot. Might have to let most go for like €3m when all the fazios and chiriches went all those years ago.

New GK, Forster
Porro, Spence
Udogie, Reguilon

People might be surprised by Reguilon but he is relatively young with ability whereas its about time Davies moved on and do not even get me started on Sessegnon. Don’t really need Hojbjerg and there could be some funds in him.

So out goes:

Lloris
Emerson
Davies
Perisic
Sessegnon
Sanchez
Dier
Rodon or Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Hojbjerg
Danjuma (already gone)
Lucas (already gone)

Don’t think there is a lot of funds in that lot. Might have to let most go for like €3m when all the fazios and chiriches went all those years ago.

I think there will be a mix or like you say, let some go cheap to get rid but also some fair money for others, based purely on modern day prices. Lo Celso is liked and will likely be at least 25m IMO, Ndombele would still be cheap at 20m, Hojbjerg despite my bias at him being poo seems to hold a decent value in the game, I think there is a fair accumulation of 10-15m players in there too, granted a fair few you let go for free too.

New GK, Forster
Porro, Spence
Udogie, Reguilon

So out goes:

Lloris
Emerson
Davies
Perisic
Sanchez
Dier
Rodon or Tanganga
Winks
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Hojbjerg
Danjuma (already gone)
Lucas (already gone)

I dont disagree with most of htat, however hope that we dont rely on Rodon or Tanganga as 4th choice CB. Both are well short of the required standard to me. Rightly or wrongly, I think we'll end up keeping one of Dier or Sanchez as a back-up CB (probably Dier) however both Rodon and Tanganga you'd imagine will want playing time and ask to leave (as well as them being crap).

We'll get enough from Winks, GLC, Dier/Sanchez, Royal (if he goes - I dont think he will), PEH (again, if he goes) etc - with your sales, we'd cumulatively get well over £50m, maybe up to £80m, which is enough for 2 signings if we spend it well.

Other small things which I disagree with:
- you missed out Sess (not that I think he's that good mind you!)
- I'd have Gil as a back-up winger in the 4-3-3 - squad looks a bit light in that area too? Not sure many of us have seen enough of Mundle to know whether he's up to it either..
- I hope we keep Devine as one of the CMs and that we give him a chance this coming year if we're playing more attacking football
- There's also the question about what we do with Parrott and Scarlett. I'm not sure how much game time they'd get if they stay, but equally going on loan has that same risk too

I think there will be a mix or like you say, let some go cheap to get rid but also some fair money for others, based purely on modern day prices. Lo Celso is liked and will likely be at least 25m IMO, Ndombele would still be cheap at 20m, Hojbjerg despite my bias at him being poo seems to hold a decent value in the game, I think there is a fair accumulation of 10-15m players in there too, granted a fair few you let go for free too.

Hopefully because we need to buy a £30m to £50m player in the GK, CB and AM positions!

I dont disagree with most of htat, however hope that we dont rely on Rodon or Tanganga as 4th choice CB. Both are well short of the required standard to me. Rightly or wrongly, I think we'll end up keeping one of Dier or Sanchez as a back-up CB (probably Dier) however both Rodon and Tanganga you'd imagine will want playing time and ask to leave (as well as them being crap).

We'll get enough from Winks, GLC, Dier/Sanchez, Royal (if he goes - I dont think he will), PEH (again, if he goes) etc - with your sales, we'd cumulatively get well over £50m, maybe up to £80m, which is enough for 2 signings if we spend it well.

Other small things which I disagree with:
- you missed out Sess (not that I think he's that good mind you!)
- I'd have Gil as a back-up winger in the 4-3-3 - squad looks a bit light in that area too? Not sure many of us have seen enough of Mundle to know whether he's up to it either..
- I hope we keep Devine as one of the CMs and that we give him a chance this coming year if we're playing more attacking football
- There's also the question about what we do with Parrott and Scarlett. I'm not sure how much game time they'd get if they stay, but equally going on loan has that same risk too

Rodon might not be that bad as 4th choice. Also personally I want to remove as much of the old guard as possible so would like Dier to leave. Think Dier would be awful as a 4th choice coming in rarely. Would make him even worse and fudge anything positive on the pitch up.

Sess I put in quite quickly with an edit, I guess edited posts take time to filter through.

My idea on Gil is to be back up AM. Could he maybe do it? Wouldn’t be needed often with one game a week next season if we somehow got Maddison for example.

Rodon might not be that bad as 4th choice. Also personally I want to remove as much of the old guard as possible so would like Dier to leave. Think Dier would be awful as a 4th choice coming in rarely. Would make him even worse and fudge anything positive on the pitch up.

Sess I put in quite quickly with an edit, I guess edited posts take time to filter through.

My idea on Gil is to be back up AM. Could he maybe do it? Wouldn’t be needed often with one game a week next season if we somehow got Maddison for example.

Undersatnd the view on Dier, though Rodon turns 26 this year so I dont see that he's suddenly going to become good enough. Think I'd prefer a Naybet-style signing if both Dier and Sanchez leave, or even our Estonian CB - he has 18 caps at 20 years old so not sure he can be much worse than Rodon!

Undersatnd the view on Dier, though Rodon turns 26 this year so I dont see that he's suddenly going to become good enough. Think I'd prefer a Naybet-style signing if both Dier and Sanchez leave, or even our Estonian CB - he has 18 caps at 20 years old so not sure he can be much worse than Rodon!

Yeah good shout on the Estonian, I forgot about him.

This would be my squad.

Raya, Forster
Porro, Spence
Udogie, Reguilon
Romero, Hincapie, Lenglet, Paskotsi
Bentancur, Maddison, Bissouma, Skipp, Gil, Sarr

Sign if possible Raya, Hincapie, Lenglet (if a cheap deal at around €10m is possible) and Maddison.

And sell, loan, release Lloris, Emerson (I like him but a right back has to go), Davies, Perisic, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Dier, Rodon, Tanganga, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Danjuma (already gone), Lucas (already gone)

Interesting watching Celtic in the cup final and specifically how their wide players set-up. A couple observations:

1. the full-backs play narrow, and with the CBs and defensive midfielder, set-up like a back 2 (CBs) and 3 in front (FBs and DM) when they have the ball. They seem to hold their positions a lot and act as distributors of the ball along with the DM
2. the wide forwards play very wide

Makes me wonder whether neither Royal or Porro match that sort of style (Porro - too attacking, Royal - good enough on the ball?), but Reggie might well do on the other side. In terms of attackers, might suit Son and Gil well, less so Richie

Danger in drawing firm views based on 60 mins football though!!!!!

This would be my squad.

Raya, Forster
Porro, Spence
Udogie, Reguilon
Romero, Hincapie, Lenglet, Paskotsi
Bentancur, Maddison, Bissouma, Skipp, Gil, Sarr

Sign if possible Raya, Hincapie, Lenglet (if a cheap deal at around €10m is possible) and Maddison.

And sell, loan, release Lloris, Emerson (I like him but a right back has to go), Davies, Perisic, Sessegnon, Sanchez, Dier, Rodon, Tanganga, Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg, Danjuma (already gone), Lucas (already gone)

In terms of sales I don’t see much incoming fees primarily because interest would mainly come from abroad where clubs don’t have much money.

Lloris (£1m), Emerson (£10m), Davies (£5m), Perisic (£0.5m), Sessegnon (£10m), Sanchez (£5m), Dier (£5m), Rodon (£5m), Tanganga (£5m), Winks (£5m), Ndombele (£10m), Lo Celso (£10m), Hojbjerg (£15m)

Some might be worth more but we wont get more so we either take a lower fee or loan out.

Total = £86.5m

So with our own limited funds we should be able to finance the incomings.

In terms of sales I don’t see much incoming fees primarily because interest would mainly come from abroad where clubs don’t have much money.

Lloris (£1m), Emerson (£10m), Davies (£5m), Perisic (£0.5m), Sessegnon (£10m), Sanchez (£5m), Dier (£5m), Rodon (£5m), Tanganga (£5m), Winks (£5m), Ndombele (£10m), Lo Celso (£10m), Hojbjerg (£15m)

Some might be worth more but we wont get more so we either take a lower fee or loan out.

Total = £86.5m

So with our own limited funds we should be able to finance the incomings.

Glad your not in charge of our transfers!!!

"Sanchez (£5m), Dier (£5m), Rodon (£5m), Tanganga (£5m), Winks (£5m), Lo Celso (£10m)"

If we don't get more than your £35m combined for that lot then we've really screwed up!

Glad your not in charge of our transfers!!!

"Sanchez (£5m), Dier (£5m), Rodon (£5m), Tanganga (£5m), Winks (£5m), Lo Celso (£10m)"

If we don't get more than your £35m combined for that lot then we've really screwed up!

Who is going to pay more than those fees for those players? The calibre of team interested in them abroad are all broke its why we had to loan out so many last summer. And domestically there isn’t a pompey or stoke flush for cash anymore ready to spend good money on our dead wood.

Who is going to pay more than those fees for those players? The calibre of team interested in them abroad are all broke its why we had to loan out so many last summer. And domestically there isn’t a pompey or stoke flush for cash anymore ready to spend good money on our dead wood.

Villa will take GLC for a good bit more than your £10m, or someone in Spain for closer to your £10m. I think Dier, Rodon, Tanganga and Winks can all find home in lower PL or upper Championship level teams and would fetch comfortably more than £20m combined. Milan were rumoured to be interested in Tanganga too!

As above, I think we'll keep Sanchez or Dier though. Our biggest challenges this summer will be (i) Ndombele and (ii) timing of outgoings/incomings given we'll be starting it late. I can see more of our transfers being done after the PL starts than before

Villa will take GLC for a good bit more than your £10m, or someone in Spain for closer to your £10m. I think Dier, Rodon, Tanganga and Winks can all find home in lower PL or upper Championship level teams and would fetch comfortably more than £20m combined. Milan were rumoured to be interested in Tanganga too!

As above, I think we'll keep Sanchez or Dier though. Our biggest challenges this summer will be (i) Ndombele and (ii) timing of outgoings/incomings given we'll be starting it late. I can see more of our transfers being done after the PL starts than before

Probably for peanuts which is why it didn’t happen.

Again i didn't criticise your beliefs. I merely pointed out we don't pay for transfers in a lump sum. So your argument that because we are paying £80m on porro and kulu that would be most of our budget gone didn't make sense.
Then you went onto to say our amortisation is high that means we won't be able to buy players. Yet you had previously criticised levy and enic for spurs having low amortisation and wages.

I even said i thought your guess would be closer than gazzas as i couldn't see us bringing in that many players.
Whilst we won't be paying for Kulu and Porro using a one-off lump sum (you didn't really think that I would've thought we were did you?) We also didn't pay for any of the previous signings in one-off lump sums either. There are numerous players we are still paying transfer fees for.

I mentioned amortisation and why I think that (with the additional amortisation starting to accrue from Porro and Kulu's deals this summer) will mean we won't be spending much this summer. I'll try to explain my argument for this in simple terms....

1. Our owners have ensured that THFC have pretty much never got anywhere near the FFP line (which has always used amortisation to work out player costs).
2. The club didn't get near the line this year even when the stadium was fully open we had CL football.
3. I therefore don't expect them to get near it next year when we don't have CL football.

I happen to think that after Porro and Kulu we'll spend a net amount of £30m to £50m. What net amount do you expect us to spend and what are your reasons (cash flow, amortisation or otherwise) for thinking so?

Last edited:
From what I've seen so far, if we use Porro as a full-back in a flat 4, we'd better be prepared to have a very defense-minded midfielder to cover for him. Also, you can't really have him on the same side as Romero, unless you're prepared to deal with some huge gaps at the back.

From what I've seen so far, if we use Porro as a full-back in a flat 4, we'd better be prepared to have a very defense-minded midfielder to cover for him. Also, you can't really have him on the same side as Romero, unless you're prepared to deal with some huge gaps at the back.

I think he'll play RW in Ange's formation, and its not impossible that he might actually start ahead of Kulu. From what I've read of Ange's tactics and saw at the weekend, his wide forwards stay very high and wide which tend to give them space. That lends itself to someone who is quick and mobile once they have the FB isolated

I think he'll play RW in Ange's formation, and its not impossible that he might actually start ahead of Kulu. From what I've read of Ange's tactics and saw at the weekend, his wide forwards stay very high and wide which tend to give them space. That lends itself to someone who is quick and mobile once they have the FB isolated

I agree, and could potentially see Kulusevski as one of the more attacking midfielders in the middle 3.

Back