• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Net spend this summer (not including Kulu and Porro)

Finney Is Back

Luka Modric
I've said a few times that I don't expect us to have significant funds to spend this summer on top of Kulu and Porro unless of course we make some significant sales. That seems to be the opposite view to some on here.

I have therefore created a poll to see what sort of spending we're all expecting us to operate. For lack of anything better we'll use transfermarkt's numbers for purchase/sale amounts.

I think that gross spend will be higher than people expect given that the payments will be spread over a few years, just as previous transfers have been. So something like £80m - £100m spent. GK, CB, creative attacker and perhaps either another CB ot another creative player

Sales of GLC, Rodon, and some of Tanganga, Tubby, Gil, Sanchez, Reguilon, Dier, etc will net some proceeds too, even if less than we paid in a number of cases. Raise perhaps £40m - £60m from sales

Therefore in the £30m - £50m range, perhaps the one above if we're lucky

Ive gone 50-70m. I think we'll sign 4 20-30m players. Sell about 10, but probably only for something like 30-40m combined, as everyone is broke outside the EPL
Think we'll find it very hard to sell 10 unless it's releasing a few for nothing.

Think we'll find it very hard to sell 10 unless it's releasing a few for nothing.
Thats kind of what i meant - forster release, sanchez £5m, tanganga £5m, rodon £5m, perisic release, regullion £5m, sessegnon £10m, winks release, ndombele £5m, lo celso p/x danjuma, moura released, lenglet end of loan.

That actually 13 players already, 2 of whom are already gone

I've said a few times that I don't expect us to have significant funds to spend this summer on top of Kulu and Porro unless of course we make some significant sales. That seems to be the opposite view to some on here.

I have therefore created a poll to see what sort of spending we're all expecting us to operate. For lack of anything better we'll use transfermarkt's numbers for purchase/sale amounts.

We ought to have accounted for the Pedro Porro fee already with the amount that we were planning to spend in January, and so that shouldn’t come in to the summer spending budget.

I think we will see other similar deals this summer though as that seems to be a way in which we look to conduct our business. Following on from the Kulusevski, Porro, Danjuma, Romero deals which have either seen a purchase obligation clause or that have been an optional purchase following initial loan.

We have seen similar with outgoings even if clubs have elected not to take up the option.

So I’m not including the Porro fee but believe that we will spend £100m on top of our outgoings as Levy must know we are in a crucial period and will want to back the next manager whoever that is. If we don’t do that now we will only continue to fall further and further behind.

Thats kind of what i meant - forster release, sanchez £5m, tanganga £5m, rodon £5m, perisic release, regullion £5m, sessegnon £10m, winks release, ndombele £5m, lo celso p/x danjuma, moura released, lenglet end of loan.

That actually 13 players already, 2 of whom are already gone

You've included Danjuma as swap for GLC, which I dont think will happen. Add the cash value of that deal and you have a more respectable total

We'll get a fee for Winks too

Tbh i don't really care. We could bring in 2 free transfers that transform us or spend £100m on a total flop.

At a guess though on top of kulu and porro we'll bring in 2 to 3 players.

Tbh i don't really care. We could bring in 2 free transfers that transform us or spend £100m on a total flop.

At a guess though on top of kulu and porro we'll bring in 2 to 3 players.
I think you're one of those poo-pooing my belief that we'll likely only have £30m to £50m to spend. Easy to shout down somebody else's beliefs... What are yours?

I think you're one of those poo-pooing my belief that we'll likely only have £30m to £50m to spend. Easy to shout down somebody else's beliefs... What are yours?

I didn't poo poo your belief that we will spend that amount of money. It was how you came about the conclusion that was flawed. I have no idea how much we'll spend.

I think we will have a relatively healthy summer in transfers because we have a fair bit of wastage to shift. I also think our bias towards our own crap means we undervalue what other idiots will pay. Roden and Sachez likely go for a combined 30m because of age and fact that someone in need likely take a risk. GLC and Ndombele you get a fairly healthy number for, especially GLC who his liked by the club and was a starter for Argentina before injury and would have started at WC

I didn't poo poo your belief that we will spend that amount of money. It was how you came about the conclusion that was flawed. I have no idea how much we'll spend.
Easy to criticize other's beliefs when offering up none yourself.

Last edited:
Easy to criticize other's beliefs when offering up none yourself.

Again i didn't criticise your beliefs. I merely pointed out we don't pay for transfers in a lump sum. So your argument that because we are paying £80m on porro and kulu that would be most of our budget gone didn't make sense.
Then you went onto to say our amortisation is high that means we won't be able to buy players. Yet you had previously criticised levy and enic for spurs having low amortisation and wages.

I even said i thought your guess would be closer than gazzas as i couldn't see us bringing in that many players.

Net spend is a function of players sold.... Why is it so difficult for us to sell players?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Net spend is a function of players sold.... Why is it so difficult for us to sell players?

Sent from my SM-T865 using Fapatalk

Combination of:
1. Those players wages
2. PL being far richer than other leagues in Europe
3. In some cases, our expectations of what players are worth

Back