• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nelson Oliveira

I've never seen him play, although I do remember reading that Portugal and Benfica expect big things from him in the future.

isnt he a striker that doesnt score regularly??...get him in, he'll fit in just fine :-"

Technically a good player from what I saw of him when he came off the bench for Benfica in the 2011/12 season

Indeed doesn't score much though

This is exactly the kind of signing to get me excited. He's obviously not prolific yet but he is 21 years old and shows much potential, I think Benfica's valuation will be too high and in 3/4 years we will be kicking ourselves, luckily we'll still have our tried and tested veteran strike force of Defoe, Ade and Dempsey, who still be lulling defenders in to a false sense of security by being mediocre, thus enabling Bale and Vertonghen to get the majority of goals and assists each season.

well im playing as deportivo in my pes 2013 masterleague and I started with him in the squad im 1 & a half seasons in and he is useful....He has pug like ears and can play lmf rmf amf rwf lwf ss & cf.

but yes he doesn't score enough goals.....or maybe im poo poo at pes.

get him in.

I think i had him on football manager once. Was a good player on that.

Not seen him play though, but it's the type of signing we should be looking at, whether it is the right player i don't know.

This is exactly the kind of signing to get me excited. He's obviously not prolific yet but he is 21 years old and shows much potential, I think Benfica's valuation will be too high and in 3/4 years we will be kicking ourselves, luckily we'll still have our tried and tested veteran strike force of Defoe, Ade and Dempsey, who still be lulling defenders in to a false sense of security by being mediocre, thus enabling Bale and Vertonghen to get the majority of goals and assists each season.

I saw a few Deportivo games last season and saw him a couple of times - late sub..........haven't really seen him play for benfica........like your enthusiasm - what are his strengths in your opinion I gather he is quite pacey and a good dribbler....from pes lol but in all seriousness I take it you've seen him in the flesh a few times....whats he like?

I saw him play in the 2011 U-20 World Cup (vs France and Brazil). Looked strong and reasonably pacy. Profligate as hell, though.

Weren't we linked with him in January/last summer as well? Something about AVB seeing potential in him, blah blah blah?

He''l be turning 22 soon, according to Wiki, and would be a decent 'other' striker to have alongside a marquee one, assuming we shift one of Ade and Defoe. Young and with potential.

However, I doubt Benfica would let him go for anything less than an eight figure sum.

Complimentary youtube video

[video=youtube;1XVtTnVFdYc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XVtTnVFdYc[/video]

He's behind Cardozo and Lima at Benfica, 2nd and 3rd in the Portuguese top scorer charts, so should be possible to do a deal.

whenever we are linked with talented players who aren't prolific yet I always look back at Cavani.

We were linked with him and people absolutely shat on him and I mean shat on ... "this guy isnt good enough" .. "what a brick world cup he had" .. "not he most prolific is he?" .. low and behold he signs for Napoli, different atmosphere, better players and BOOM one of the best strikers in the world.

I saw a few Deportivo games last season and saw him a couple of times - late sub..........haven't really seen him play for benfica........like your enthusiasm - what are his strengths in your opinion I gather he is quite pacey and a good dribbler....from pes lol but in all seriousness I take it you've seen him in the flesh a few times....whats he like?

I've probably seen him around the same amount of times as yourself, he's not a player I have followed extensively at all, but from what I've seen he seems intelligent in his movement and isn't just going to lash the ball at goal from wherever he receives it. I think there's a chance he'd be able to pick up more of a tally with our players around him but he shouldn't be bought as the answer to our striking problems, if we had an Ade on top form and a player like Oliveira making an impact from the bench and playing cup games/Europa I think we'd see rapid development and he'd justify the transfer fee Benfica would demand. Trouble is that means relying on Ade (or Defoe for that matter) and unfortunately it seems clear to me that Adebayor is in no way a reliable player.

I may sound negative but I see us signing a striker around 28/29 for a good sum of money and us having exactly the same problem next transfer window, and the one after that etc etc

Edit: Very good points Mumorn =D>

Sometimes it's like people on here hear a name, look on wiki and say "nah he's brick, doesn't score enough" when there is so so much more to it than that.

whenever we are linked with talented players who aren't prolific yet I always look back at Cavani.
Cavani was also played on the wing for a lot of that tournament..

Also I'd rather see us have a footballing centre forward than a striker with very limited footballing skills like Defoe or Bent. A footballing centre forward is able to make the team play better. A poacher with limited skill does nothing most of the time.

We were linked with him and people absolutely shat on him and I mean shat on ... "this guy isnt good enough" .. "what a brick world cup he had" .. "not he most prolific is he?" .. low and behold he signs for Napoli, different atmosphere, better players and BOOM one of the best strikers in the world.

No offense mate, Napoli sits in an easier league.

Lets say we buy this guy, and we sell one of our strikers (argument sake, say Ade), so we have lineup options of Oliveira/JD/Dempsey, who starts? how many games do we give him if he doesn't score?

Our problem is we don't have the luxury of developing a player in our squad, we can't carry someone learning his trade, we certainly can't carry a striker that may go through drought patches.

I've never heard of him till today but, having worked with the likes of Falcao, Higuain, Batistuta and Cassano, AVB and Baldini know their onions about latin forwards.

I'm more than happy to back them to sack off Benteke and use the money on Bernard + a pair of 'next-Falcaos' like this kid

No offense mate, Napoli sits in an easier league.

Lets say we buy this guy, and we sell one of our strikers (argument sake, say Ade), so we have lineup options of Oliveira/JD/Dempsey, who starts? how many games do we give him if he doesn't score?

Our problem is we don't have the luxury of developing a player in our squad, we can't carry someone learning his trade, we certainly can't carry a striker that may go through drought patches.

What's that go to do with anything?

Cavani played for Palermo in the same league and his goalscoring form was abysmal. We were linked with him and the chairman said we were pretty close to signing him yet he got abused by people on here saying his goalscoring isnt good enough, he isnt what we need etc.. fast forward a year later and everyone loves him, he's had a superb season for Napoili.. fast forward a few years later and he is one of the best strikers in the world and got a big big money move to PSG

We shouldn't be considering anyone with a strike rate of better than 1 in 5.

Whats this guy like at dove tailing with Bale?

As long as he drops to the floor and starts foaming at the mouth at the mere sight of an oppositions 6 yard box ill take him.

I don't know much about him but we could do with 4 strikers imo and one of them should include a young prospect we can nurture.

Back