• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Selling Chadli would be a mistake ( imo) because even if he does not start a game he is always handy off the bench, he can score goals and our bench so far this season has been very weak to say the least.
He isn't handy though if he doesn't have game time

He needs games and he won't get them at the moment although I still think he wouldn't have been any worse than anyone else yesterday

He isn't handy though if he doesn't have game time

He needs games and he won't get them at the moment although I still think he wouldn't have been any worse than anyone else yesterday

I do agree with the bit about game time, but that is down to Pooch and at the moment he prefers to stick with the youngsters. Yesterday we had no one who could come on and add a goal/physical threat from the bench, i can only think that Poch has plans to bring other options in because our bench at the moment would not worry anyone.

I do agree with the bit about game time, but that is down to Pooch and at the moment he prefers to stick with the youngsters. Yesterday we had no one who could come on and add a goal/physical threat from the bench, i can only think that Poch has plans to bring other options in because our bench at the moment would not worry anyone.

He must have plans as it's painfully obvious our bench lacks depth

Surely even the most ambitious and confident manager wouldn't be blinkered enough to weaken the side with a. Weak bench to avoid players he doesn't want

I think he should be careful about going to West Brom. His job there will be to stay wide and win headers from long balls. Pulis has drained the side of any creativity and his solution to their current woes: Buy a new side.

As much as I don't rate Chadli as highly as a lot of you I think that's a really low price for a player with his record

Really? I think its a very good price for him. He's 27 so not going to improve much from where he is. For us its a great deal because assuming Nkoudou arrives he would be at best 6th choice for the 3 spots behind the CF, possibly further down depending on how Onomah and Edwards do. I think this is a great deal for us

He must have plans as it's painfully obvious our bench lacks depth

Surely even the most ambitious and confident manager wouldn't be blinkered enough to weaken the side with a. Weak bench to avoid players he doesn't want

In terms of the depth comment, is the bench consists of a GK, 2 * defs, 2 * mids, 1 * attacker (ie the 3 spots behind the CF) and 1 * CF then for we have 5 players (likely) ahead of Chadli for the 3 attacking positions: Alli, Eriksen, Lamela, Son, N'Koudou (assuming he arrives)....and possibly Onomah and Edwards. So there isnt really a lack of depth there.

The position where we lack depth is in CM - we have two players for teh DM role (Dier and Wanyama) but no quality cover for Dembele.

not the hardest worker and inconsistent, but he popped up with some good and important goals plus assists. Good luck Nacer

Really? I think its a very good price for him. He's 27 so not going to improve much from where he is. For us its a great deal because assuming Nkoudou arrives he would be at best 6th choice for the 3 spots behind the CF, possibly further down depending on how Onomah and Edwards do. I think this is a great deal for us

We're getting quoted more for Zaha who is half the player

Everton are quoting £20m for McCarthy who is a posh Cattermole

Transfer fees are scary at the moment but this is a actually low in comparison to the crazy market IMO

It looks cheap when you consider Bolasie went for double that. I guess pace and trickery is worth a lot more than goals and assists these days.

i guess the issue there is Palace didn't want to lose Bolasie whereas we were probably looking to sell Chadli

a great price for WBA though, think he'll do well there

After the aggro they gave us last year with Berahino, must say it leaves a bad taste that we are giving them a decent player for what seems a bargain! I can only imagine Poch must want to get rid of him badly...

We're getting quoted more for Zaha who is half the player

Everton are quoting £20m for McCarthy who is a posh Cattermole

Transfer fees are scary at the moment but this is a actually low in comparison to the crazy market IMO

This for me as well, it really does seem a low price for him especially when you see the stupid prices being paid for inferior players.

After the aggro they gave us last year with Berahino, must say it leaves a bad taste that we are giving them a decent player for what seems a bargain! I can only imagine Poch must want to get rid of him badly...

Maybe it is not a case of wanting to get rid of him "badly" but rather it makes sense to let him go if he is not part of our future plans. Besides maybe there is a plan to use the funds in the next few days. While complain, we got Wanyama for £11m and I think he is a top quality central midfielder destroyer. Chadli has 2 years left on his contract and has not been consistent. A team would have to be desperate to want to pay say £20m

Maybe it is not a case of wanting to get rid of him "badly" but rather it makes sense to let him go if he is not part of our future plans. Besides maybe there is a plan to use the funds in the next few days. While complain, we got Wanyama for £11m and I think he is a top quality central midfielder destroyer. Chadli has 2 years left on his contract and has not been consistent. A team would have to be desperate to want to pay say £20m

He is pretty consistent

He averages double digit goals and almost double digit assists

Compare him to bollasie and the numbers don't stack up

Chaldi is a much much better player

Back