• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

I meant in terms of a mid-table/established PL side.

Yeah, i'm really quite torn when i think properly about it; he is often one lazy mofo BUT you just can see him in CL games popping up with crucial goals...oh well..i guess you could say he has had his chances...

He is a big strong guy who doesn't put it about. He went on an impressive scoring run season before last and can finish. I think we all see something in him.

But if we are to take the next step he's one we can upgrade. My sole reservation is we need some older attacking players. It helps sometimes to have a more experienced player on the pitch, Chadli and Dembele are it pretty much. The others in midfield and attack are 24 tops!!

All a year older than last season however so should be a bit more mature.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

The reservation with selling Chadli is he scores goals, regularly, and that even in a system side has a lot of value.

In a world where Jordon Ibe costs 15 million and Wijnaldum is supposedly worth around 25, Chadli at that price is a bargain.

He would be an excellent signing for a mid table side

He has ability and can be effective as seen in the Chelsea 5-3 game where he was outstanding

For us he simply struggles with the work rate needed for the position he plays under Poch

Swansea make £10 million bid for Tottenham outcast Chadli
Swansea City have offered in excess of £10 million for Nacer Chadli with the midfielder appearing increasingly likely to leave Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

Chadli was mainly used as a substitute at the end of last season and took the blame for a mistake that led to a 1-0 defeat by West Ham United at Upton Park in March. Tottenham are close to completing a deal for Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, the Marseille winger, who completed a medical this week, signalling that Chadli’s time may be up.

Chadli started just ten of his 29 league games last season, scoring three times, and his form contributed to him being left out of the Belgium squad for Euro 2016 this summer. The 26-year-old was among seven players to join Tottenham using the proceeds from the sale of Gareth Bale three years ago. He would be the fifth of the seven players to be sold, leaving only Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, both of whom are in talks over improved contracts.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...on-bid-for-tottenham-outcast-chadli-30vfznr39

Swansea make £10 million bid for Tottenham outcast Chadli
Swansea City have offered in excess of £10 million for Nacer Chadli with the midfielder appearing increasingly likely to leave Tottenham Hotspur this summer.

Chadli was mainly used as a substitute at the end of last season and took the blame for a mistake that led to a 1-0 defeat by West Ham United at Upton Park in March. Tottenham are close to completing a deal for Georges-Kevin Nkoudou, the Marseille winger, who completed a medical this week, signalling that Chadli’s time may be up.

Chadli started just ten of his 29 league games last season, scoring three times, and his form contributed to him being left out of the Belgium squad for Euro 2016 this summer. The 26-year-old was among seven players to join Tottenham using the proceeds from the sale of Gareth Bale three years ago. He would be the fifth of the seven players to be sold, leaving only Christian Eriksen and Erik Lamela, both of whom are in talks over improved contracts.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/s...on-bid-for-tottenham-outcast-chadli-30vfznr39
£10mil in this market. No way.

Chadli is the only reason Chadli isn't in the starting line up for Spurs and that annoys me. I hate to see players not fulfil their potential through lack of effort. This is one thing that is totally within his control but he is choosing not to use his physique to advantage as he should nor put the miles in on the pitch.

I wouldn't mind him staying and fighting for his spot but I'm not sure he really has it in him to change now. If he takes this move to Swansea then he has to realise his career has already peaked.

£10mil in this market. No way.

Chadli is the only reason Chadli isn't in the starting line up for Spurs and that annoys me. I hate to see players not fulfil their potential through lack of effort. This is one thing that is totally within his control but he is choosing not to use his physique to advantage as he should nor put the miles in on the pitch.

I wouldn't mind him staying and fighting for his spot but I'm not sure he really has it in him to change now. If he takes this move to Swansea then he has to realise his career has already peaked.

I think you have nailed it here

He could be so much more as he has the tools but needs to demonstrate the aptitude

I doubt he could get a bigger club than us and after missing out st the euros you would think it could be a wake up call for him to put a shift in. A new international manager to impress as wel. He really could be a beast if he tried.

I doubt he could get a bigger club than us and after missing out st the euros you would think it could be a wake up call for him to put a shift in. A new international manager to impress as wel. He really could be a beast if he tried.

This for me as well, it would be great to see him do what Dembélé has done and impose himself more. One of the reasons some fans thought Dembélé would be leaving a year ago was that he never seemed to fulfil his potential, last season showed what he could do when he did and if Poch can do the same with Chadli he could be some player.

This for me as well, it would be great to see him do what Dembélé has done and impose himself more. One of the reasons some fans thought Dembélé would be leaving a year ago was that he never seemed to fulfil his potential, last season showed what he could do when he did and if Poch can do the same with Chadli he could be some player.

Thing is with Dembele there was more ability apparent before this season. You could see Dembele's strength and ability. Chadli not so much. What we've seen, both under AVB and Poch is he can finish well. But he's not as lethal as Kane, he doesn't impose himself physically despite his size, and he doesn't track back like Lamela. He's a player who will pop up and score, granted - which can win games - but he doesn't seem to do much more. Who else would you upgrade over Chadli?

I don't think it's fair to say he doesn't try - that's like saying Gary Lineker didn't try because all he did was score from 6 yards.

Chadli plays to his strengths, which are timing, finding pockets of space and scoring. He is also good at seeing opportunities for others and delivers ok.

His style and work rate are not really suited to how the team has developed though. Worth keeping when in need of a goal, but if he wants to play every week he needs to move to top 6 challenger.
Good luck to him, been important for us

Thing is with Dembele there was more ability apparent before this season. You could see Dembele's strength and ability. Chadli not so much. What we've seen, both under AVB and Poch is he can finish well. But he's not as lethal as Kane, he doesn't impose himself physically despite his size, and he doesn't track back like Lamela. He's a player who will pop up and score, granted - which can win games - but he doesn't seem to do much more. Who else would you upgrade over Chadli?

Hence why i said in my earlier post that Chadli needs to up his all round game, he has the ability but maybe he does not use it all ( much like Dembélé was doing before last season).

Of course his strengths may/are different then Dembele's but it takes different strokes from different folks to make a team.

Last edited:
@paklane1 you never know.

If we had space in the team for Chadli, I could see him repeating the season he had 2 years ago where he scored about 10 goals was it? One against the Scum and then he was injured and his Dad passed away. But unless there are injuries, there will likely be other players ahead of him in the squad, so my instinct is we should sell Chadli if we get a reasonable offer.

Especially if we can add a player of similar age who can give us that bit of experience in attack, even from the bench. Not sure who that could be but a Payet clone would be ideal.

Last edited:
Back