• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nacer Chadli

Tremendous. I wanted him out the club in the summer but that just shows I know fcuk all about football.

Well done Nacer. Top player.

Nacer has tremendous upper body strength, great technique and a football brain. He is not slow either. Great to see him come good this season.

where did chadli use his strength?

i must have missed that bit

no seriously i probably did as i was in and out of the house through the game

At the end when he had the ball on the left wing and he just stood the defenders up. It showed that they had become petrified of him by then. He absolutely murdered Ivanovic today.

I used to call him the Oxygen thief!!! He was stealing a living at spurs at times last season

But this season you can't argue with his goal return and some decent performances... But today's was excellent and looked like the ones off the YouTube clips of his time in Holland

Happy to be proven wring and fair play to him

The thing is that Chadli is very clever at making the most of Kane's movement and getting himself involved everytime Kane drops deep. He constantly gets into the box or between the CB and FB when our front man drops in and this leads to many occasions like the second goal where he was the man getting on the end of Eriksen's pass. We have a very clever three up there in Eriksen, Chadli and Kane. If we can find someone to do the same from the right hand side of the park then we would look very good (I think Townsend lacks the instincts that Chadli has and Lamela complicates things too often).

The thing is that Chadli is very clever at making the most of Kane's movement and getting himself involved everytime Kane drops deep. He constantly gets into the box or between the CB and FB when our front man drops in and this leads to many occasions like the second goal where he was the man getting on the end of Eriksen's pass. We have a very clever three up there in Eriksen, Chadli and Kane. If we can find someone to do the same from the right hand side of the park then we would look very good (I think Townsend lacks the instincts that Chadli has and Lamela complicates things too often).

This, he also came back and covered for Rose big on at least one occasion

I used to call him the Oxygen thief!!! He was stealing a living at spurs at times last season

But this season you can't argue with his goal return and some decent performances... But today's was excellent and looked like the ones off the YouTube clips of his time in Holland

Happy to be proven wring and fair play to him

Sorry but he wasn't stealing a living at Spurs last season, he has showed all of the qualities he showed in patches last season but more consistently. Which is hardly surprising once having a season to acclimatise. Just yet another example of time being needed before coming to accurate judgements on players/managers...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

where did chadli use his strength?

i must have missed that bit

no seriously i probably did as i was in and out of the house through the game

He, Kane and Dembele were all extremely strong on the ball, shielding and just refusing to be bullied on/off the ball

Sorry but he wasn't stealing a living at Spurs last season, he has showed all of the qualities he showed in patches last season but more consistently. Which is hardly surprising once having a season to acclimatise. Just yet another example of time being needed before coming to accurate judgements on players/managers...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Agreed.

Was always tidy and promising last season. But as a team we didn't function well and I think Chadli is someone that needs the right movement and players around him to thrive (like most players really, but perhaps a bit more so). Quick one two passes are no good if the other player isn't on the same wavelength.

Mate, I switched from my usual 343 to a 352 and dropped Kane. Now I'm scared to put him back in. The FF manager in me says yes, the Spurs fan in me says no.

Back