• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

It was those passes off the outside of his boot that I used to love watching.

Agreed, he is so comfortable on the ball and fearless too, for a short guy, he is always open for a pass. In hindsight, I didn't fully appreciate his quality at the time for a lot of games as a lot of games were "must" win games and you ended up enduring games rather than enjoying them.

I've been a very vocal supporter of Bentaleb's for some time now, and I have to say, I think he is his own player. If anything he is like old school Souness meets Lampard, but only if you have to. He will captain this club, I have had no doubt of that for some time.

Luka ran a team from midfield who were sent out with no tactics. Turned us into the best team to watch in England.

I'm sure if Bentaleb had a Lennon in his peak and a Bale on the way to being one of the best players in the world to feed the ball to, we would see similar style of play.

I am in no way taking anything away from modric as he was my favourite Spurs player up until he left.

I've been a very vocal supporter of Bentaleb's for some time now, and I have to say, I think he is his own player. If anything he is like old school Souness meets Lampard, but only if you have to. He will captain this club, I have had no doubt of that for some time.

His playing style is very similar to Busquets IMO. Sort of a midfield fulcrum with a bit of bite in the tackle. Still has a few rough edges and weak spots to his game but they are fast disappearing.

His playing style is very similar to Busquets IMO. Sort of a midfield fulcrum with a bit of bite in the tackle. Still has a few rough edges and weak spots to his game but they are fast disappearing.

I think that's a good comparison but also a key feature is his moving out of tight spaces with the ball. I wouldn't say he was at Modric level just yet but I always say with Bentaleb, you get at least one amazing turn a game from him.

I'm sure if Bentaleb had a Lennon in his peak and a Bale on the way to being one of the best players in the world to feed the ball to, we would see similar style of play.

I am in no way taking anything away from modric as he was my favourite Spurs player up until he left.

And Modric in his peak would probably have benefited from having this year's Kane and Eriksen ahead of him...

There are similarities, but Bentaleb is still very young. I'm guessing that if Modric had come to the PL as a 19-20 year old he would have struggled quite a bit making an impact in central/deep midfield. The talent is clearly there for Bentaleb to step up and become top class, I think he's really on his way. But still early days.

Yeah. Definitely comparisons that can be made with Busquets. Although Bentaleb is a bit more mobile. The main comparison I think is how composed and consistent both have been at a very young age playing in a difficult position requiring quite a bit of maturity. Busquets always looked Barca born, naturally coming through their youth system. Bentaleb has already seen managerial changes at Spurs and had to adjust a bit more. Think he's done so very well.

Haha. That's excellent. Pretty obvious that the kid has a lot of skill, one of the things I've been most impressed by is how he seems to only use that skill when it's appropriate and helps the team. He's in no way showboating or doing things just to look good. But when he's in a tight situation he has the skill (and strength) to get out with the ball.

Watching that reminded me of a player some of the older fans may remember, a guy called Dave Burnside. When he was at Southampton ( in the 60's) he used to come out and join in the half time entertainment and juggle the ball without it touching the ground. He was brilliant and always drew cheers from the fans.

Easy to forget that he is still young and learning the trade. Hope we can keep the core players intact, especially avoiding any serious injuries.

Came up against a team with Sandro in it. And I can't remember seeing a single "why did we sell Sandro" post. Can there be much higher praise?

To be fair, I did ask that question during the game, Sandro looked good. On the other hand I know we sold him because of his injury record and not because he wasn't that good.

I was one of those who seriously questioned Sandro's sale. The knee reconstruction wasn't reason enough, he easily capable of coming back from that. Bentaleb however has a much better eye for a pass in tight situations and his tackling doesn't look much worse than Sandro's so essentially I guess it was good business.

To be fair, I did ask that question during the game, Sandro looked good. On the other hand I know we sold him because of his injury record and not because he wasn't that good.

Look at Mason's pass for Kane goal. Where was Sandro while Mason had all day to make the pass. Sandro was started off staying close to Mason early in the game but got bored of it.

Look at Mason's pass for Kane goal. Where was Sandro while Mason had all day to make the pass. Sandro was started off staying close to Mason early in the game but got bored of it.

Good call. Mason had ages to pick out that pass, QPR looked very disorganised.

Back