• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

He does not get the credit he deserves outside of our fan base. If he was English they would be creaming their knickers over him.

Agreed. Just look at some of the comments from Arsenal fans in the omt...

A couple of non-Spurs fans I know do rate him. Essentially the people whose opinion I rate...

Perhaps not as impressive today as against Chelsea, but a very good game none the less. Particularly in the second half.

So important to have him back again.

I find him very highly rated by non Spurs, with Mason being the one no one rates. But I don't care, I love them both.

I find him very highly rated by non Spurs, with Mason being the one no one rates. But I don't care, I love them both.
AAaaand this

weird to think they cost next to nothing but right now based on the people they have conquered they are practically 30 million pounds worth combined MINIMUM

Yea the reaction opposing fans seem to have to mason is a bit meh. Long may he stay under the radar, loved him today!

Bentalab yet again looked class without doing anything spectacular like the Chelsea games.

He was partially at fault for liverpool's goal though. doubling up on ibe instead of staying with lallana.

LIVTOT%20Image%202.jpg

lallanna was unmarked to surge forwards, and ibe was invited to pass the ball through to him unchallenged.

LIVTOT%20Image%203.jpg

chadli should've have seen this and tracked lallanna's run though...

LIVTOT%20Image%204.jpg

that last pic says it all ...rose, bentaleb and chadli stranded by a wonderful through ball.

oh and did any one see balotelli pull dier back before scoring ?

As I've mentioned he had a tendency to not track the runner or follow his marker. Has happened nearly ever game he's played.

Just don't see why no one even attempts to block the cross. May have cleared for a corner, may have cleared for a throw, may have gone in off an own goal. But one in three is better than a definite goal if a pool player is on the end of it.

Just don't see why no one even attempts to block the cross. May have cleared for a corner, may have cleared for a throw, may have gone in off an own goal. But one in three is better than a definite goal if a pool player is on the end of it.
Hindsight, but even the best hesitate in these situations. Didn't Kompany do it recently? Against Chelsea he was there but decided not to touch it because he'd have probably scored an OG

Can't see how you can blame Bentaleb there. He came across to double up on Ibe, something that we had to do all game, with Eriksen or Chadli meant to do it. In that case there (as I posted at the time) Chadli is slow to get back meaning Bentaleb has to do his job. Chadli does not do Bentaleb's job and the channel is left empty for the ball to be passing into.

If anything, perhaps Bentaleb is at fault for not cutting off the angle for that pass. Then again if he moves a yard to his left then the pass could've been made, albeit earlier on. Our defensive line there is aweful.

Hindsight, but even the best hesitate in these situations. Didn't Kompany do it recently? Against Chelsea he was there but decided not to touch it because he'd have probably scored an OG

Kompany always does it, but he seems to make a mistake every week now. Absolute shadow of his former self. As a defender, you should never shy out of trying to block a cross. Sure, it may go in but it may not. A striker has a better chance of tucking it away if youre scared to clear

Can't see how you can blame Bentaleb there. He came across to double up on Ibe, something that we had to do all game, with Eriksen or Chadli meant to do it. In that case there (as I posted at the time) Chadli is slow to get back meaning Bentaleb has to do his job. Chadli does not do Bentaleb's job and the channel is left empty for the ball to be passing into.

If anything, perhaps Bentaleb is at fault for not cutting off the angle for that pass. Then again if he moves a yard to his left then the pass could've been made, albeit earlier on. Our defensive line there is aweful.

Agreed - Ibe had been getting outside and putting in crosses past Rose all game. The only sensible thing was to double up.

Chadli really should have picked up the run - especially on fresh legs, there's no excuse for not busting a gut to get goal-side.

Agreed with recent posters. For Chadli not to get back to help out with Ibe and also not track the runner is pretty bad. For Bentaleb to push out and help out Rose when Chadli is inside him seems pretty standard.

Not his best game overall, far from it. But his first bit of inconsistency in quite a while. He'll bounce back.

As I've mentioned he had a tendency to not track the runner or follow his marker. Has happened nearly ever game he's played.

Agree with this. He was ball watching for Liverpool's first as well, and spotted Markovich's run too late.

Apart from that though, he's an excellent player, and with experience I'm sure he'll get better at tracking runners as well. Easy to forget he's still only 19!

Agreed - Ibe had been getting outside and putting in crosses past Rose all game. The only sensible thing was to double up.

Chadli really should have picked up the run - especially on fresh legs, there's no excuse for not busting a gut to get goal-side.

This.
As I speculated earlier, I wonder if Chablis' head is not quite there yet due to the loss of his father, because that was absolutely a loss in concentration. I am interested to see if he 'pays' for it the same way Townsend paid for Sheff Utd (in the eyes of Poch)...we shall see...if I'm being honest the two situations are not entirely dissimilar.

Had not seen him live for a while but seeing him the flesh last night - what a player, injuries permitting has a very high ceiling. a look of the modrics about him - always knows where the next pass will go and you can give the ball to him anywhere and he is likely to keep it under pressure and play the right pass.

Had not seen him live for a while but seeing him the flesh last night - what a player, injuries permitting has a very high ceiling. a look of the modrics about him - always knows where the next pass will go and you can give the ball to him anywhere and he is likely to keep it under pressure and play the right pass.

Agreed - barring an out-of-nowhere sloppy period towards the end of game, thought he was immense in an understated sort of way. Also extremely noticable how much of a leader he is - even at 19 he's constantly berating and ordering teammates around!

Back