• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

i meant more to do with stam/mason being good. if anything id start bentaleb/stam

If fit, I'd say that there's no chance of Mason not being in the starting line up for a north London derby. I wouldn't be surprised to see four academy graduates in the starting line up, even if Nabil isn't available.

Great to have him back for what will be a very busy period. Mason, Bentaleb, Dembele, Stambouli, Paulinho should give us enough midfield options to get through the next month.

its good to have him back as we have a proper rotation in the midfield now with him, mason, dembele and Stambouli. We are going to need it for the next few weeks.

One of the HUGE silver linings to Bentaleb being away is that it has allowed Stambouli match time with a variety of others in this critical position. I think against Fiorentina, for example, you could get away with Stambouli deep and Paulinho in the hole behind Soldado...

Nabil's Wembley joy... from 3,700 miles away
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/nabil-wembley-joy-040215/
Nabil Bentaleb rode an emotional rollercoaster as he followed last week’s gripping Capital One Cup semi-final against Sheffield United from Africa.

As we scrapped it out with the Blades for a place at Wembley, Nabil was on African Cup of Nations duty in Equatorial Guinea with Algeria.

Without a television screening of the our semi-final second leg at Bramall Lane last Wednesday, Nabil followed our fate via his mobile phone as Christian Eriksen’s late equaliser took us to the final against Chelsea on Sunday, March 1.

“I wanted to cry when we went 2-1 down,” said Nabil, who returned to the Training Centre on Tuesday after Algeria’s AFCON exit at the hands of Ivory Coast and is now preparing for the North London derby on Saturday. “The game wasn’t on TV, so I followed it on my phone.

“I saw it was 1-0 and I thought ‘okay, we’ve got this’ but then at 2-1 down, I wanted to cry, seriously.

“I was like a kid looking at the phone and then it came up ‘goal’ but when my phone is locked, it just comes up as an alert across the top. I couldn’t see who had scored!

“My heart was beating but I pressed it and it was us!

“We were all speaking about the possibility of going to Wembley before I went away and now we’re there it’s an amazing feeling.”

I think against Fiorentina, for example, you could get away with Stambouli deep and Paulinho in the hole behind Soldado...
I'm not on this forum long enough to know who are the WUMs and who are the space cadets. But as you're advocating playing not just Paulinho (probably the most disappointing player ever to play for Spurs) or Soldado (potentially the biggest flop in the club's history), but both of them - in one of the biggest games of the season - I'm guessing you are one or the other!

It's also three days before one of the biggest games of the season. Also, the team to play Fiorentina away will depend on the first leg result, I imagine

I'm not on this forum long enough to know who are the WUMs and who are the space cadets. But as you're advocating playing not just Paulinho (probably the most disappointing player ever to play for Spurs) or Soldado (potentially the biggest flop in the club's history), but both of them - in one of the biggest games of the season - I'm guessing you are one or the other!
:rolleyes:

Nabil's Wembley joy... from 3,700 miles away
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/nabil-wembley-joy-040215/
Nabil Bentaleb rode an emotional rollercoaster as he followed last week’s gripping Capital One Cup semi-final against Sheffield United from Africa.

As we scrapped it out with the Blades for a place at Wembley, Nabil was on African Cup of Nations duty in Equatorial Guinea with Algeria.

Without a television screening of the our semi-final second leg at Bramall Lane last Wednesday, Nabil followed our fate via his mobile phone as Christian Eriksen’s late equaliser took us to the final against Chel53a on Sunday, March 1.

“I wanted to cry when we went 2-1 down,” said Nabil, who returned to the Training Centre on Tuesday after Algeria’s AFCON exit at the hands of Ivory Coast and is now preparing for the North London derby on Saturday. “The game wasn’t on TV, so I followed it on my phone.

“I saw it was 1-0 and I thought ‘okay, we’ve got this’ but then at 2-1 down, I wanted to cry, seriously.

“I was like a kid looking at the phone and then it came up ‘goal’ but when my phone is locked, it just comes up as an alert across the top. I couldn’t see who had scored!

“My heart was beating but I pressed it and it was us!

“We were all speaking about the possibility of going to Wembley before I went away and now we’re there it’s an amazing feeling.”

This is part of why he, Mason, Kane and to some extent Eriksen & Lloris have transformed this team .. it fudging means something to them

I wouldn't play both of them either, but we will need to rotate in at least one of those Florentina games (the CC final is more important)

Soldado will put in a shift (and not score), so he's probably in, with Stambouli/Mason/Bentaleb all available, we could probably play 2 of those 3. However Poch seems to trust Paulinho, you might have some apologizing to do on matchday.

He does not get the credit he deserves outside of our fan base. If he was English they would be creaming their knickers over him.

He does not get the credit he deserves outside of our fan base. If he was English they would be creaming their knickers over him.

I'm starting to get him.

Strikes me as a Carrick type; usually unspectacular but key to the way we play.

Thought he was really good today, and off the back of a tournament and travel, into a tough, tough fixture. Credit to him, looks to be part of what we need in the middle.

Excellent player. Composed, classy but also knows when to do the dirty stuff. Also appears hungry and a winner. Top player

Not many of our players would have even thought to cross it from that position. Something we should do a little more as a team, hit Kane in the box. Not too much, just a bit more than we currently do. Chadli is another player we can look for in similar areas, especially when teams sit back and invite it.

Back