• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Nabil Bentaleb

In the position he plays for us I don't think winner mentality can be anything but good. Where Man U have been without Keane or Liverpool without Souness?

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

To compare Bentaleb to those two is madness, at present Bentaleb is a promising prospect no more, it will be a while if ever where he can influence games like those two, also at a comparable age they were far better.

To compare Bentaleb to those two is madness, at present Bentaleb is a promising prospect no more, it will be a while if ever where he can influence games like those two, also at a comparable age they were far better.

I'm too young to remember his playing days but I see that when Souness was Nabil' age he was playing for Middlesbrough in Division 2, having been sold by Spurs the previous season for £30k.

I'm too young to remember his playing days but I see that when Souness was Nabil' age he was playing for Middlesbrough in Division 2, having been sold by Spurs the previous season for £30k.

He threw a wobbly stormed into Bill`s office and demanded to play first team football, Bill said no and he went AWOL back to Scotland, Jack Charlton threw him a lifeline at Middlesbrough and he never looked back, just imagine a central partnership of Souness and Hoddle, wow, not anti Bentaleb but I would be lying if I said I rated him, we are making progress but have to give young players time, we want top four but being honest how many players do we have that are good enough for top four at present.

PS
Souness was fecking awesome.

Keane was no better at just gone 20 than Bentaleb, no way.

Keane was no better at just gone 20 than Bentaleb, no way.

He was mate, Cloughie played him at CB because he was short at the back, in midfield he drove the game, whilst I obviously want Bentaleb to be a world beater I think he is at present very over rated on here, time will tell.

He was mate, Cloughie played him at CB because he was short at the back, in midfield he drove the game, whilst I obviously want Bentaleb to be a world beater I think he is at present very over rated on here, time will tell.

It was a much weaker league.
Bentaleb was playing in the world Cup at 19. Keane was playing for Cobh.
Bentaleb has more technical ability than Keane had.

It was a much weaker league.
Bentaleb was playing in the world Cup at 19. Keane was playing for Cobh.
Bentaleb has more technical ability than Keane had.

We will have to continue this debate in a couple of seasons, see how he gets on.

And therein lies the rub. If you want to compare a player to Keane do not compare him to Keane at 19 or 20, instead compare him ti when he became the heart beat of Manchester Utd

And therein lies the rub. If you want to compare a player to Keane do not compare him to Keane at 19 or 20, instead compare him ti when he became the heart beat of Manchester Utd

Keane was the real deal at Forest the same as Robson was already the real deal at WBA, Souness was outstanding at Middlesbrough, if you wait and wait you end up with players like Lennon, Jenas, Defoe etc, good players are good at 20, it was not me who compared them at a young age I know he is not as good as the other players mentioned because I was lucky enough to see them in the early eighties, you could tell Hoddle was special from day one, all in my opinion of course Naija.

Keane was the real deal at Forest the same as Robson was already the real deal at WBA, Souness was outstanding at Middlesbrough, if you wait and wait you end up with players like Lennon, Jenas, Defoe etc, good players are good at 20, it was not me who compared them at a young age I know he is not as good as the other players mentioned because I was lucky enough to see them in the early eighties, you could tell Hoddle was special from day one, all in my opinion of course Naija.

Yes it was mate.

Glasgow mate a point about winning mentality, using those two as top notch examples of that, hoping that Bentaleb can develop something even close to that seems fair. You then jumped in saying that at a comparable age those two were far better than Nabil.

I'm not in a position to judge those two at that age. In the end it doesn't much matter either. I don't think anyone saw Carrick as top PL level at the age Nabil is now, but he became good enough to be a sure fire starter and top player for United in one of their best periods.

Bentaleb looks very talented to me. He seems to have something really special about him. I doubt anyone here can claim to know with any level of certainty how good he will become. To me he looks to have all the tools and the right attitude to become good enough for a title challenger.

I don't think it was me that compared them at that age either, if I did I didn't mean too! In Bentaleb I see the potential of a tough tackling, ball player with a win or die mentality who will take no prisoners with opposition or team mates. That last bit is IMO why sherwood had no hesitation putting him in.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Yes it was mate.

Glasgow mate a point about winning mentality, using those two as top notch examples of that, hoping that Bentaleb can develop something even close to that seems fair. You then jumped in saying that at a comparable age those two were far better than Nabil.

I'm not in a position to judge those two at that age. In the end it doesn't much matter either. I don't think anyone saw Carrick as top PL level at the age Nabil is now, but he became good enough to be a sure fire starter and top player for United in one of their best periods.

Bentaleb looks very talented to me. He seems to have something really special about him. I doubt anyone here can claim to know with any level of certainty how good he will become. To me he looks to have all the tools and the right attitude to become good enough for a title challenger.

You and Glasgow are right it was me that that brought up the age comparison and I don't know how he will progress, tbh I did think that Carrick was excellent for WHU.

On Pochettino:

Nabil Bentaleb said:
I work hard in training and he trusts me. He gave me the chance. It’s going very well. I’m hungry to learn and he’s teaching me every day.

On Mason:

Nabil Bentaleb said:
The partnership is going very well. We played a few games in the development squad together and I think that really helped us. We know each other well and we’re both hungry for the wins.

We don’t leave anything on the pitch each time we step out onto it, and I think we have the right mentality to play in the Premier League.

More here: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features...e-im-hungry-learn-and-he-teaches-me-every-day

Senegal - Algeria 6pm tomorrow.

If they lose they are out.

A draw means they're guaranteed to finish above South Africa and will see them go through if Ghana fail to win.

A win means they're through.

Back